Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Celeste

Hi

Well, getting my gall bladder out on Monday June 25th. I'm SCARED (about being put out.) But, I'm gonna JUST DO IT. Then I have two surgeries pending which will make my life very choppy the next two years. Both knees bone-on-bone. Other than tonsils, wisdom teeth, and a C-Section (where I wasn't put out) these surgeries are gonna be a first. I have a choice not to be put out with my knees, but I will see after the "dress rehearsal" of getting my GB out. Well, thanks for "listening."
Old 13-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Celeste

I am trying to work on my control issues, because I think that is the bottom of my fear of being put out. Because there comes a time when one must get past it and trust enough to let someone more experienced help. (That's what my psychiatrist said, and it helped!) After all, this isn't a third world country. And thus, a person doesn't have to walk around with a gall bladder full of stones! :)
Old 13-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Celeste

Complete knee replacement of left knee on September 7th! I'm on a roll!
Old 13-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Master
Celeste... blessings on your heart through all your physical challenges... your heart is really You.

Xan

Old 14-06-2012, 12:47 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Well, getting my gall bladder out on Monday June 25th. I'm SCARED (about being put out.) But, I'm gonna JUST DO IT. Then I have two surgeries pending which will make my life very choppy the next two years. Both knees bone-on-bone. Other than tonsils, wisdom teeth, and a C-Section (where I wasn't put out) these surgeries are gonna be a first. I have a choice not to be put out with my knees, but I will see after the "dress rehearsal" of getting my GB out. Well, thanks for "listening."

My wife has had both her gall bladder removed and one knee replaced.. both went flawlessly.. the gall bladder thingy is a quicky in and out.. and the trick with the knee replacement is to "Do the follow-up exercises!" These exercises help break-up the scar tissue from the surgery and is literally the difference between a good outcome and a poor one! It hurts like hell to do these knee bends (my wife was making that point very clearly) but she pushed at them with determination and is now set to dance a waltz. :^) The nice thing about today is that they now have knee sockets designed specifically for women.. they used to use ones built around men.. so your timing is good.. just do the exercises afterwards... just do the exercises though they hurt... by all means.. keep bending those knees...!" :^)
Old 14-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Celeste

Awe thanks, Xan.

And Stephen, thanks for the info.

Found out, they don't put you out for knee replacements. The doc said they put a tube in with a pump, shooting pain medicine, so knee is numb for three days after surgery. (They do a block, and twilight sleep.) And that is when they do the most rigorous exercises, the first three days. Then, off to a Rehab facility to do therapy for seven days a week. Then when they feel I am ready, and when I can drive again, I go home (after about a month?) for extensive out-patient PT.

The decision to get my GB out was the first step. The surgeon said I maybe could wait a couple years before getting the second knee done. So, my life will be choppy for only six months, instead of about two years (which I guess it would have been if I had to get them both done.

Thank God, for one day at a time.

After I go through all this, I may become a blonde!
Old 16-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Celeste

So hot and muggy today, I cant even walk. Hope everyone's having a fine day, though. Oh, ear infection, too. That'll do it!
Old 16-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Master
Hi Celeste - my heart goes out to you. That's a lot to face in a relatively short time. I was supposed to get gb surgery years ago, but too chicken. Also, my right knee - meniscus torn in 2 places, but because of heart attack early 2010, put it off - again and again. Kudos for your bravery!

Old 17-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Celeste

You can do it Silvergirl! Just shop for the right doctor. That's what got me going. Start with the simple one, like the gall bladder. Please don't wait too long, or you will have to have an emergency surgery, and the long one, which is a couple months recovery, rather than two weeks, laproscopy.

Oh and pretty avatar pic.

I am so depressed tonight. It happens a lot lately. Called in sick, can't walk without extreme pain. But then I get sad; it is better that I work. All next week, working without IB Propen.

So many blocks I have. So maybe if I get these two health ones out of the way, there'll be room to work out my other ones.
Old 18-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Celeste

My back is out. It just can't be easy. Me and my Domino effects.