Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-06-2022, 11:43 PM
Seeker

My father passed away and

I was thinking maybe there would be some sign. But there hasn't been anything . It seems the more time passes the more "agnostic" I become. I want there to be something after life but i haven't had spiritual experiences aside from when I felt like I was about to astral travel one day. How many of you have had spiritual experiences that really made you believe?
Old 18-06-2022, 12:47 AM
Administrator
This would depend on when your father passed away, if he was ill before he passed he would go into Healing in the spirit world,
Time has no meaning in the spirit world so what may seem to be a long time to you may only be minutes to them.
Some come through a lot sooner than others.

Namaste
Old 18-06-2022, 02:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruya_
I was thinking maybe there would be some sign. But there hasn't been anything . ...
Sorry for your loss.

It may be that he gives you signs, but you aren't able to receive them. This may be a good reason to start learning and practicing to open your inner perceptions, both when awake and in your dreams, to get in touch with your subconscious and with your inner-guidance.

It isn't difficult, but you have to start it and practice. In most cases, you can't open overnight; it is a progression: better and better.

Also, your current doubts may be an obstacle. You get what you expect.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-06-2022, 03:28 AM
Seeker

Thank you for your thoughtful replies. i will try < 3
Old 18-06-2022, 04:42 AM
Bambo

Im so sorry for your loss.....
Old 18-06-2022, 04:49 AM
asearcher

for me I would say it could be where you are in your own grief, if your own vibration state is so low and the loved one who has passed is moving up there then it is making it hard for the loved ones to cut through all the thick layers of where you are at. when my grief changed from the intense state was when i could better communicate.

i'm really sorry for your loss, wishing you well on your path to healing
Old 18-06-2022, 03:43 PM
Guide

When my mother passed I was devastated. I was desperately looking for a sign that her soul was ok,but.......nothing.
I went to my local Spiritualist church for the first time but still nothing from the Medium.A lady there told me to wait until after the Funeral.
When all that had been taken care of,I went back to the church where I got a message(With names) that assured me that there was an afterlife as the Medium was spot on with everything.
Since then I've had a few dreams that I remember with messages from her in them.Now,not so much, but that is to be expected I take that to mean she is moving on as there is so much that happens when we pass.
Every one is different but messages WILL come.Every so often when I'm watching the television,I get an image of her in the corner of my eye sitting on the sofa,watchingTelly with me.
Don't search for messages,they will come in different ways,that I can be sure of.Try going to a Respected Medium and see what they come up with .
Old 18-06-2022, 04:32 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
for me I would say it could be where you are in your own grief, if your own vibration state is so low and the loved one who has passed is moving up there then it is making it hard for the loved ones to cut through all the thick layers of where you are at. when my grief changed from the intense state was when i could better communicate.
I agree SO much.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-06-2022, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruya_
I was thinking maybe there would be some sign... ...I want there to be something after life but i haven't had spiritual experiences aside from when I felt like I was about to astral travel one day. How many of you have had spiritual experiences that really made you believe?

I am so sorry for the loss of your father, Ruya. I also just lost my dearest mother... also two uncles (her brothers). One of them, I believe, has given me signs... Sometime after he passed away, I had smelled a subtle scent of perfume in our yard as if someone wearing perfume had passed by or was nearby but there was no one there other than me.

My first thought was: "could it be my uncle's presence"? I then thought to myself I'd ask my cousin (his daughter) to confirm if he did wear perfume...

The feeling it was my uncle was really strong, I was 90% sure it was him.

And sure enough, my cousin said my uncle was actually indeed fond of perfumes and would always put perfume after taking a shower.

I pray that you would be comforted in your time of grief as I have been comforted in mine. May you find the answers you are seeking...

much love and light to you,
lemongrass

♥♥
Old 18-06-2022, 05:20 PM
Master

I agree with Native spirit and other comments.

There are many accounts of people appearing to family members moments after their physical body has died. They would still have their etheric (energy) body so making a physical appearance is easier. Such appearances may be to simply say goodbye and provide assurance that they are OK.

Such appearances also depend on the capacity of those on Earth to perceive them. Perhaps your father has tried to make contact but he cannot get through to you. The physical body can be a very solid barrier.

When the "dead" person has moved on to the astral then they have a period of adjustment to their new environment. How long this takes depends on how prepared they were before physical death.

If they had a long illness then they could be in a place of healing, as Native spirit says, and they are in no position to make contact.

Or perhaps their guides advise them not to return to the physical plane too soon to see family, as such an experience might be overwhelming for them.

Or perhaps they realise that they need to focus on their new life in the astral realms. Their time on Earth is over, and they know that one day they will be reunited with family members still on Earth. There is no hurry. As they move onwards and upwards in the astral realms then Earthly concerns may seem very far away.

Whether you make contact with your father or not, just send loving thoughts to him and be grateful for any happy memories you may have.

Peace