Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-11-2021, 12:14 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Suzy, have you tested doing the practice outside the bed?

It's going to feel SO weird and unfamiliar.

But maybe it works for you, and for me

Let's test it out
Old 23-11-2021, 02:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
Hey if you want, I can pass you the mp3 affirmation from william buhlman. Which are pretty amazing

Thank you for offering. I have William Buhlman affirmations and I can listen to it. The problem is it goes on far too long. I suppose I can stop listening to it when I have had enough. I just need to do a few affirmations. I can do that myself.
Old 23-11-2021, 02:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
Suzy, have you tested doing the practice outside the bed?

It's going to feel SO weird and unfamiliar.

But maybe it works for you, and for me

Let's test it out

That is a very good idea. I tried downstairs and went into the lounge room. I did not feel comfortable. I guess it was the surroundings and I was not used to it. You gave me another idea. Instead of going in the spare bedroom lying on the bed I will lie on the floor next to the bed in the same room. I am used to the room and feel more relaxed. I will put cushions etc on the floor so my back will not get sore. It is important to feel comfortable otherwise it is harder for it to work.

We will give it a test and report back later.
Old 23-11-2021, 02:29 AM
Master

I just set up the floor for me to lie on. I tested it and it feels comfortable. I have arranged it to be like a recliner. I used the bean bag as well. It is a lot harder to turn over as I would be on the hard floor. That should solve that problem of wanting to turn over and go to sleep.
Old 23-11-2021, 08:37 PM
Master

That was a very good idea you suggested ScientificExplorer. I am confident it is going to work well about being in another location away from the bed. Last night about 9.30 pm I was on a made up pillow bed on the floor. It was getting later and later and I still did not ap. I did not stress over it. I kept thinking it will happen. It is important to keep positive. It was midnight and I still did not ap. I had enough so I got up and laid down on the bed that I normally lie on in the spare bedroom. I laid on my back. When I lie down on my back I always feel a strong sensation in between my eyes. People call it the third eye. I am not sure if I believe in it. It feels like something is pressing down in between my eyes. I am learning to take notice. When that part starts to relax it becomes less noticeable. When that happens I instantly ap and I fall asleep. I must have fallen asleep but I was knew I was out of my body. I could not see anything. It was like I was in a fog. I kept saying I can see until I could see perfectly. I was in an amusement park and I went on a slippery dip ride. A man got annoyed with me for going on a kids ride. I apologised. I asked someone what year is it? He said 198711. It did not make sense. When I woke up I realised I forgot to get myself alert and I wasted my time going on a ride. I could have done better things. I was not disappointed as I feel I am starting to get results.
I thought I would try to ap again but I gave up and went to sleep. Next time I am going to lie down on the pillow bed on the floor so I will keep trying to ap again.

Yesterday afternoon I was listening to ap youtube. I saw things when my eyes were closed. It was brief. I forgot what it was now. I was close to ap.

If you are wondering I do not feel tired. I meditate in the afternoons and I think that helps not to feel tired. I know if I get stressed it makes me tired.
Old 24-11-2021, 01:02 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I think that the biggest issue is the "body relaxed - mind awake" part of the process.

- You get into thoughts about your physical life, or past/future thoughts (monkey mind)

- You get uncomfortable

- You get sleepy

- You give up

It's so hard.

Then remembering to do the technique after that
Old 24-11-2021, 01:08 AM
Master

I would agree with that. It is hard but I am determined to get there and I will succeed. You are determined to so you will succeed. It might be easier for me as I am retired. I do not have to worry about getting up early and going to work.
Provided you do not fall asleep and are determined to ap, you will have a very high chance to succeed. In your case you wait for the weekend, go to practice ap earlier than you normally would. Do not leave it until you get too tired. If you do not meditate I would advise to practice meditating. Meditating helps a lot. Do not worry if thoughts keep coming in. You just keep pushing thoughts out. You can still ap. If it does not work, you have a break for up to 30 minutes or longer if you need to, watch TV or do whatever. Then come back and try again. If it does not work, have a break then try again. Eventually it will work. It always does.
If you are tired or had a stressful day then you will have a high chance of falling asleep.
Old 24-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Master

I really did ap a few minutes ago. I did not have a sleep first. I ap without having a sleep. It took about two hours to achieve ap. I got up to go to the bathroom after I laid down for one hour then I tried again. The time now is about 11.40 pm. I felt myself moving for a while when I ap. I could not see anything. I heard sounds like I was going underwater. I was a bit afraid but I said to myself do not be afraid. I will be OK. Just go with it. I kept saying I can see. I was careful not to open my eyes as I was afraid I might open my physical eyes as that happened once before. I could see trees, people playing lawn bowls, streets, etc. My problem was I find it hard not to think of my physical body so of course I zapped back into my body. I remember what William Buhlman said and that was to forget about your physical body. Perhaps that is why I woke up. I forgot to get myself alert again. I will have to practice saying that during the day so hopefully next time I will remember. I am going to bed now to sleep. If I wake up in the morning I might try to ap again.
Old 25-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Master

Last night I tried to ap but got no where. I had enough so I laid down on my side. I knew if I did that I would likely fall asleep. I put my head on my hand so I would not be too comfortable and hopefully not fall asleep. My body felt heavy. I tried to move my arms and legs but it was hard. All of a sudden I could not feel my body. It felt very different. I knew I was going to ap. I waited to be drifted out of my body. That was a mistake. It eventually ended. I should have spiritually moved out of my body.
Old 25-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Master

Come on ScienticExplorer you can do it. Do not worry about thoughts coming in your mind. You can still ap. There are people that do a mantra and they ap. I have practiced meditation for many years and it still can take a long time to ap. I remember a long time ago I was waiting to ap and it got later and later. I was waiting a very long time. I got frustrated. I said to myself I have had enough of this. All of a sudden I went straight out of my body. It happened another time as well.

When you are starting to feel uncomfortable that is the time to have a break. If it is starting to distract you then get up for a while and start again. If I lie there and it is distracting me then I find I am wasting my time as ap does not happen.

Try to meditate late in the day as that will likely help you not to feel tired later on. If you are upset or stressed that will likely make you feel tired. When I am stressed I get very tired. Try to be calm during the day as that will help to ap.

As you know you can wake up in the morning and try to ap. I would not have an alarm to wake you unless you sleep through the whole night. When you wake up and if you feel sleepy then do an activity for a short while until you wake up. Meditate for a while may be an option.

You do not want to be like me and give up. I have given up many times. If I kept at it I would likely have had more experiences.

Ap is hard but we have to keep reminding ourselves that it is easy. If we think it is easy then ap gets easier.

I often have that problem of remembering to do a technique. I think it is because I am awake but not alert enough. I have to be more alert to remember to do a technique. I think if I was a bit more alert I would have been able to ap more often.