Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 24-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I still can't phantom why a goat though, I mean why not a lion or well, I don't know. What is it exactly with goats where it becomes this symbol, but well I guess some things I am not meant to understand, LOL.

I am by no means an expert, I'm the opposite, lol. But didn't most paganism occur in Europe? So I guess the reason for the goat and not the lion is that lions don't normally live in Europe. And goats were a common enough animal that most people had them or knew people that had them. Like I said, I'm not an expert on paganism, I'm just throwing out my 2 cents.
Old 24-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
didn't most paganism occur in Europe
not an expert either on paganism but I'm pretty sure it's always been a worldwide thing ~ they just say it in another language
Old 24-10-2021, 04:37 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I still can't phantom why a goat though . What is it exactly with goats where it becomes this symbol, but well I guess some things I am not meant to understand, LOL.
I'm sure that if you looked into a religion or cult or whatever that uses the goat they would explain why they use it ~ I'm just not interested in it so I stay away from it. I don't put any valuable energy into it.
Old 24-10-2021, 04:45 PM
asearcher

Hi, thank you both for your inputs, thoughts =) I would not have put any valuable energy to it either unless it was for that darn vision I had that I am still trying to figure out what it meant, LOL.

I don't like this about myself; when and if I get a clear vision ,even if it just happens in a dream I start to think about..and think...and then think again...and everything gets blocked. When I don't think and just let things slide I am shown much more and it goes in a more pleasant way. I need to work on that. (among other things)

Well, if I find my goat-mystery answered one day I will post it here =) (OK, so now I'll stop going on about the goat-thing)

Thanks!

Old 24-10-2021, 10:47 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
not an expert either on paganism but I'm pretty sure it's always been a worldwide thing ~ they just say it in another language
Well yeah, indigenous religions by default have been called paganism. But generally when someone says the word, pagan, one thinks of Druids, witches, and the early religion on the British Isles as well as the religion of the Norse. Or at least I do. Also another thing. As for goat-like symbols, there's Krampus in European pagan lore.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:00 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Can anyone tell me what the goat means in Pagan traditions? Anyone, please?

Moses, who was the adopted grandson of Pharaoh and who would have been afforded the best education in the country, may have been initiated into the circle of the guardians of the sacred secrets.

Moses took the bread or the sacred teachings of Egypt [The land of First Born] and removed the yeast that was added by the Egyptian priests and gave the unleavened loaf to the children of Israel, plus the regulations, rules and laws, that the Israelites were to keep for all time. --------- In one of the religious regulations established by Moses, Aaron would place his hand upon the head of a scapegoat, symbolically transferring the sins of Israel to the goat, which was then sent out into the wilderness to Azazel.

In the margins of the Good News Catholic Study Bible, Leviticus 16: concerning “Azazel” it is written by the Catholic authors of the Good News Bible; (‘AZAZEL:’ “The meaning of this Hebrew word is unknown: it may be the name of a desert demon.” ‘Azazel’) see Leviticus 16: 8-10.

The Orthodox Christian religious organisations are ignorant as to who Azazel is, because they have rejected the words of Enoch, and banned his writings as being heretical. The stone that has been rejected by the builders of the universal church of Emperor Constantine has turned out to be the most important Stone of all.

But why did the builders of the Jewish church reject the writing of the righteous Enoch

Leviticus 16: 7-10; Then he shall take the two goats to the entrance of the Tent of the LORD's presence. There he shall draw lots, using two stones, one marked “for the LORD” and the other “for Azazel”. Aaron shall sacrifice the goat chosen by lot for the LORD and offer it as a sin offering. The goat chosen for Azazel shall be presented alive to the LORD and sent off into the desert to Azazel, in order to take away the sins of the people.

16: 20-22; When Aaron has finished performing the ritual to purify the Most Holy Place, the rest of the Tent of the LORD's presence, and the altar, he shall present to the LORD the live goat chosen for Azazel. He shall put both his hands on the goat's head and confess over it all the evils, sins, and rebellions of the people of Israel, and so transfer them to the goat's head. Then the goat is to be driven off into the desert by someone appointed to do it. The goat will carry all their sins away with him into some uninhabited land.

From where do you suppose that Moses received the information that all sin was to be ascribed to Azazel?

After the destruction of all physical life forms on this planet, the ‘SON OF MAN’ the Most High in the creation, divides the living spirits=minds of all those who have died the first death, and separates the sheep who were at rest in Christ, and who are to inherit everlasting life, from the Goats, who were gathered to Azazel, and who are consigned to the eternal fire, which is the second and everlasting death from which there is no return.

To be continued.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:19 AM
asearcher

WOW! The Antoined, thank you so much :)
Old 09-11-2021, 05:27 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
WOW! The Antoined, thank you so much :)
The Greek goat god Pan is said to have originated from the Egyptian's 'AZAZEL'.

https://www.studymode.com/essays/Pan...-86017743.html

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...m=IGRE&first=1
Old 17-11-2021, 01:26 PM
asearcher

Thank you again, The Anointed, very much so :)
Old 30-07-2023, 12:16 AM
Pathfinder

I was going to suggest Azazel. The great scapegoat. But someone bet me to it...

I would interpret it as meaning false accusations or misplaced blame

Mind you, I'm talking about the biblical Azazel. I don't know who he was before that