Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 28-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Master
Borrowing Negative Energy

This is a reflection on how we harm ourselves by "Borrowing other peoples Negative Energy".

I am not alone in the tendency to see someone doing something I don't like and instantly feeling angered and starting to judging them.

What I am becoming aware of though, is the reality that them doing bad things is bad on them. When I allow their bad deed to effect me on such a level, I am inviting their negative energy into my space and allowing it to bring down my own energy frequency.

This is what I am calling "Borrowing their Negative Energy" or "Borrowing their Bad Karma".

Bottom line, it is their bad Karma and there is no harm in allowing them to have it. We don't have to share it with them, we can in fact let them keep it.

I know sometimes it seems unjust and we want to be able to effect change to stop them, but it is also important to determine if you are even in a place to accomplish as much and if the answer is, "No", then consider stopping the energy sharing with the realization that what they are doing is wrong and consciously telling yourself, "But that is their bad Karma and I don't have to share it with them."

I have only just started practicing this and even in small instances it is a great aid in reducing stress.

Open to other peoples interpretation of what it means to borrow negative energy.
Old 31-10-2014, 08:55 PM
KevinO

Never hold a grudge. I agree that putting this in conscious operation can be life changing.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
This is a reflection on how we harm ourselves by "Borrowing other peoples Negative Energy".

I am not alone in the tendency to see someone doing something I don't like and instantly feeling angered and starting to judging them.

What I am becoming aware of though, is the reality that them doing bad things is bad on them. When I allow their bad deed to effect me on such a level, I am inviting their negative energy into my space and allowing it to bring down my own energy frequency.

This is what I am calling "Borrowing their Negative Energy" or "Borrowing their Bad Karma".

Bottom line, it is their bad Karma and there is no harm in allowing them to have it. We don't have to share it with them, we can in fact let them keep it.

I know sometimes it seems unjust and we want to be able to effect change to stop them, but it is also important to determine if you are even in a place to accomplish as much and if the answer is, "No", then consider stopping the energy sharing with the realization that what they are doing is wrong and consciously telling yourself, "But that is their bad Karma and I don't have to share it with them."

I have only just started practicing this and even in small instances it is a great aid in reducing stress.

Open to other peoples interpretation of what it means to borrow negative energy.

Very insigthful post. Thank you for this.

I have read in a book on psychology, that we tend to become just like that which we perceive or imagine we hate in an another person, when we confront that person.

For example, if you perceive a person to be arrogant, we tend to become arrogant towards that person. This may actually be a misunderstanding or false perception, but still we act as that which we hate in that person,towards that person.

Hatred thus, psyschologically speaking, only tends to increase negativity and reactiveness within us, and with it stress and tension issues.

So, a non-reactive attitude based on self-awareness, would be the best possible approach under such circumstances to be immune to any potential negativity or inflammable scenarios, if we lack the necessary strength to effect a positive change in the scenario or situation.

This kind of an attitude can build inner strength to the point where we may perhaps be able to effect a change, without being entangled in the volatile situation. Patience is the key, I believe.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Master
I agree. Good post, 002 cents.
And I liked your comment, ajay00, about having a non-reactive attitude. It is often the key in negative situations.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents

002 Cents - Yesterday I heard from a sister about a terrible family blow up between other family members. I initially felt bad that the event took place within the family, but after talking it out in my own household I released the emotions I felt. It's something I've learned over the years to do with upsetting and dysfunctional family situations. If I become too invested in what's going on I find myself living back home when I was a kid, which wasn't a good experience. That's also why I often turn off the news, especially during dinner because my physical body gets tense and I find myself reacting with disgust. Not good for the digestion either.

Something I have noticed in some groups of people, such as my family, some people thrive on negative energy and the drama it brings. Gossiping is one example of thriving on negativity. Some would probably call me cold-hearted because of my ability to detach when I should care more and get involved. But it's a protective mechanism I've perfected over the years and it serves my own health and well being.

Blackraven
Old 24-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Guide

Great points, 002 Cents!

I was also thinking a lot about this recently, particularly where people have had the power to bait me into arguments or conflict. A member here, because of a different subject, referred me to the popular book 'Your Power to Say NO' by Vernon Howard. Initially, I felt as though I'd need to respond to negative people because it's a matter of principle, me standing up for myself, a sign of weakness if I don't, that kind of thing. But I realise now that all that's simply happening here is that I'm giving power (and a heck of a lot of it if it puts lives and freedom at risk) to negative people to have control over me. By responding to negative people, I'm saying 'yes' to them, giving in to them, allowing them to rule me and control me. That doesn't make me a stronger or greater person. And, of course, at that point, you're taking on their negative energy as you expressed. The power to say 'no' is a powerful thing, through words, and through energy itself.
Old 25-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Master

I am quite fond of the word No, it is the blazing emblem of defiance. But it can be turned against you too, when someone intentionally forces you to say it. In the end, intent is stronger than words. I find that in those cases a counter-question holds more power.
Old 26-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Knower
Great post, and I agree. If I sense that I am unable to affect a positive change in the energy field of someone who is in a bad spot, I simply send love and light and let them be :)

If, however, I sense that I can help, then I may offer an encouraging smile or even a word of hope, and see where that leads