Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 27-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Mayflow

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Luke 10:25-37
Old 27-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Master
Thanks for that Mayflow, does this mean that truth has nothing to do with any particular belief system, but all to do with your own inner Being, or Consciousness, the power of healing is within, not in a religion, or again, a belief system?.
Old 27-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Mayflow

Take time to think about it all.
Did Jesus say these things?
Were people reporting from what they heard from him or of him?
Were there certain people using a personification of someone called Jesus to put forth their own ideas, using poetic license?

If it was poetic license, how did these people get so deep?
Old 28-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Take time to think about it all.
Did Jesus say these things?
Were people reporting from what they heard from him or of him?
Were there certain people using a personification of someone called Jesus to put forth their own ideas, using poetic license?

If it was poetic license, how did these people get so deep?
No, I don't think Jesus said these things, most was taken from the smorgasbord of the many scriptures of the time, and there is nothing wrong with that, except if your controlled by literalism thinking, then you take the story to be true and nothing will ever change your mind.
Old 29-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No, I don't think Jesus said these things, most was taken from the smorgasbord of the many scriptures of the time, and there is nothing wrong with that, except if you're controlled by literal thinking, then you take the story to be true and nothing will ever change your mind.

I think it is in the nature of mind to think figuratively and Spiritually, and it is in the nature of mind to create.

I would say that to take anything literally and not subject to change would not apply to the creations of mind, but it possibly could be true of the real intrinsic nature of mind itself.

Deep stuff, Psycho-friend.