Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 26-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Master

Fire energy

Seems like fire energy is going to be my best worktool. Does anyone have any suggestions for the use of fire energy in particular?
Old 27-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Master

Bumping this in hope someone will see it this time around.
Old 29-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Sangress

Fire energy works well with air energy (go figure) and amplifies the affect you want to create from it whether it is healing or harming or sensing...etc.

I haven't had too much experience with fire energy as it burns out fast and whenever I work with the energy from an open flame (candle) they tend to either go out or I feel an overwhelming urge to eat the fire (not a good idea.)

I'll do a bit of toying with fire energy and get back to you in more detail.

I should really work with the elements more often.
Old 31-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Master

I find it interesting that you connect a physical fire - the candle - with fire energy. Would you say fire energy can be pulled from it? What if you are near a fireplace, or a gas stove?

I summon my fire energy from my surroundings in general, I have never tried anything else.
Old 31-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Quintessence

Depends on what tradition you're pulling from. My understanding of the Four Elements is more true to the original source material than what others seem to be using, so that may be unsuited to your practice. I would start with understanding what the foundational qualities of Elemental Fire mean and going from there. In other words, read Aristotle and understand what he means by "hot" and "dry" (which are the two qualities of Fire) because he is not referring to literal attributes of something. When you understand that, understanding the energy follows from there.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Sangress

Physical fire is its own source of energy, and that energy happens to be the kind your talking about. It's a more focused energy and doesn't need to be converted beforehand as you've done on occasion.

If I'm near a fireplace or gas stove I can focus on the energy present in the flame itself if I want, nothing much to it.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Nebulous

Candles work as a start or as a quick fix or physical (such as ritual) component...however fire energy itself manifests in many various ways. I knew a person who was like a total embodiment of the fire element, really impressive at what they did; when they started working, the whole room would heat up, it was pretty neat. Stuff like that can often happen.

As for using fire, like I said candles are always a good start...you may feel that flowing air helps as well (as I do - I'm a bit fire-like at times), like fanning flames. All energy can be converted to whatever you wish of course, as Sangress mentioned. So it's whatever works for you honestly.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Terracotta

Be confident and dynamic, but keep a tight hold and a close eye on yourself and what's going on. I don't draw from my surroundings and I don't know what you're trying to do, so I'm unsure exactly what advice or instruction to give, but it's very easy to either lose control or let it fizzle out.