Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 15-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
cute by half, Gem but revealing of your ignorance of how this phenom actually works.

Not at all... I completely understand the issue.
Old 15-01-2012, 12:53 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Maybe you do Gem. Seems you maybe coming more from a scientifc standpoint, where others maybe coming from a paranormal stand point and i am coming from both. Science is probably telling you that these symptoms are closely related to what doctors call paranoid schitzophrenia and the paranormal invstigators may relate it to telepathy.

My best friend lost his brother not too long ago as his brother focussed on the paranormal side of what was happening to him and couldnt handle it so I have to be honest with you Patroclus because if something happened to you and i didnt do something about it i wouldnt be able to forgive myself.

Its all good to look in to the paranormal to understand what we are experiencing. I am a firm believer in the paranormal if the indicators point to that direction but if the paranormal pushes me toward wanting to end my life then i would be taking this to my doctor as he has medications that can close down the telepathic/auditory parts of our brains. What you are experiencing is clearly out of your control and it will control you if you dont take charge through the right channels.

You can reclaim the normal life that you are asking for and all it will take is a short conversation. This could buy you some time to research all sides of what you are experiencing to understand it fully with a calm mind that is not distracted by all that negative ****
Old 15-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

gee ... one might imagine that if you understood you'd not be so snarky.
Old 15-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Master
i agree that if one can not get a handle on one's inner situation that it might be best to see a shrink.
Old 15-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Patroclus

I was thinking the same about seeing a doctor. The thing is, how do I tell him what is happening without sounding insane? I am no fool and I know if I go to a doctor and tell him I am hearing voices, I will most likely end up in some loony bin or something. I need to figure out a way to get the right medication without hurting my reputation too severely. What medication has the ability to shut out those parts of my brain? This sounds wonderful to me!
Old 15-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Master
Patroclus... You could look for a doctor who is at least somewhat aware in the astral and spiritual levels of life. There are some, you know.

Xan

Old 15-01-2012, 11:06 PM
SunMist

Hi Patroclus, I have a few thoughts for you....

1) About seeing a doctor, I have found that antidepressants (SSRI type like Prozac, Celexa, etc.) can have suppressive effects. But if you are actually having delusions/hallucinations maybe an antipsychotic could be better. I can understand your challenge because most doctors that your insurance would pay for are not well-informed or respectful on metaphysical topics. Still an SSRI might be a safe place to start and it's easy to get, they give them out for the mildest depression - a practice I disagree with actually but that's another rant.

2) Do not dismiss the rational part of yourself. It is possible for you to be dealing with real telepathy and esp, and still keep a critical mind. TEST your assumptions. If people can hear your thoughts then you should be able to go into a public place and deliberately project a thought at them that gets a predictable response. Test, test, test and observe.

3) Just for background I myself struggle with mild telepathy and strong empathy. It does exist but you must be rigorous in what you attribute to it and what others have said is true - being overcome by fear just complicates everything. There's a ton of information out there on shielding - just google "psychic shields" and you will find it.

4) The issues with feeling negative about yourself or thinking your guides are saying harmful things to you (that's not your guides - likely it is a section of your own psyche) are things best explored and helped in therapy. Still methods like EFT that Xan? wrote about are an awesome way to help yourself on your own. Sedona Method is great too.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patroclus
I was thinking the same about seeing a doctor. The thing is, how do I tell him what is happening without sounding insane? I am no fool and I know if I go to a doctor and tell him I am hearing voices, I will most likely end up in some loony bin or something. I need to figure out a way to get the right medication without hurting my reputation too severely. What medication has the ability to shut out those parts of my brain? This sounds wonderful to me!

Do NOT fear.
Fear should not be the reason to avoid a medical help. You will not end up in a "loony bin" when you are not harming yourself or others.
You need to determine first that your condition is not a medical problem.
After that, you can determine if you are actually having a telepathic issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patroclus
I hear people speak of their "spiritual guides". Funny thing is, I have something sort of like that, but it's clear they don't want me on this planet anymore. They criticize me and insult me constantly and tell me to kill myself.
But if voices are telling you to commit a suicide, this is not a telepathic issue. I strongly suggest that you seek an immediate medical help ASAP.
This kind of situation is very harmful and stressful. I worry about how this can affect your physical health.
Old 16-01-2012, 12:02 AM
SunMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
But if voices are telling you to commit a suicide, this is not a telepathic issue. I strongly suggest that you seek an immediate medical help ASAP.
This kind of situation is very harmful and stressful. I worry about how this can affect your physical health.

Great point Nada, this is actually the most important thing of all.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Administrator
Hello

Here is the Bubble Method.

Protection Exercise

Aim: To strengthenyour natural protection

Find a place where you can sit undisturbed.

• Choose White. Carryout the Inner Light Exercise.

• Close your eyes and imagine or sense that you are creatinga bubble of light, extending to about 2 feet around yourself, which is composedof White. Make sure that this light isabove your head, as well as under your feet.

•Sense or imagine this light expanding and contracting untilyou feel that you have found the most comfortable distance.

•Sense or imagine this light alternating between being stationaryand spinning like a top.

• Open your eyes and sense this protection is still aroundyou.

I have used this since I was 16 and yes I hear voices but I know its just how I be. I sense the energies from other's and at times hear thier thoughts.....that is being Empathic, I too hear Spirits ( dead people) and that too is ok.

What I do not hear is voices telling me to do things like harm me or do things to other's that is where I feel on does cross the line to where medical help is SO SO needed and the med's do at times help that. For me would med's quiet then ? NO.