Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 02-10-2020, 11:11 PM
Pathfinder

Simple spells for a newbie witch

Hey all! I’m a newbie witch who’s done her research and never cast a spell. I don’t know how to cast a circle or shield. Also I have a strict family who thinks this is all evil so it would have to be in the comfort of my home when I have time. If I’m wrong and protection isn’t needed when casting then i don’t know haha that’s just what I learned. I’d preferably like a spell to help me conquer my specific fear if possible but all spells are welcome. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:51 AM
Master
Can I ask, what is your specific fear?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-10-2020, 04:05 AM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
Hey all! I’m a newbie witch who’s done her research and never cast a spell. I don’t know how to cast a circle or shield. Also I have a strict family who thinks this is all evil so it would have to be in the comfort of my home when I have time. If I’m wrong and protection isn’t needed when casting then i don’t know haha that’s just what I learned. I’d preferably like a spell to help me conquer my specific fear if possible but all spells are welcome. Thanks!

What belief system does your family resonate with?

Why I ask is I might be able to come up with something that goes along with their own belief systems.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Pathfinder

I’m afraid of bugs and my family is Christian.
Old 21-10-2020, 02:46 PM
Seeker
Believe in yourself

I can relate to your post as half my family are christian and have the belief that the unknown is evil but that comes from their own fear of not knowing, can i ask what materials you have to use for spells? Such as crystals, sigils, candles oils ect? My journey has been a long time in practise and study in wicca and i have learned that most people with the believe that is wrong doing that i tend to stay silent to them about my faith and practise as i have learned not to allow negative comments affect my path, doing research and gathering books on wicca (or whatever system you are practising) i feel is important but protecting yourself and doing it properly is the first important lesson, keeping positive outlook and practising spells with love and good intent helps allow you to boost your energy and confidence in your ability. I welcome all forms of protection round yourself and those you love.
Old 22-10-2020, 05:56 AM
Master
candle magic

Hello,

Casting a circle creates sacred space so unwanted energy won't be able to enter. For simple stuff, circles aren't required. For your purpose, I don't think you need to cast a circle for a simple spell. If you do want to cast a circle, it would be for practice and gaining experience at this point in your journey.

If you have a black candle you can use it in a banishing spell concerning your fear. If you don't have a black candle, use white or a beeswax candle. Take a toothpick and scratch "bugs" down a side. If you can, scratch what specific bug it is. For example, if you're afraid of spiders then use the word spider. Spiders are scientifically not bugs so the word bug won't have any effect about spiders. At the top of the candle, begin with the 'b'. Use your intention while scratching the word on the candle. Light the candle and meditate in front of it. You can add an affirmation while meditating. Let the candle burn past the 's'. Your spell is cast.

If you want to add more oomph to the spell, you can sync it with the moon. When the moon is just past the full moon (beginning to wane) would be a good time.

You can also add an affirmation while meditating.

I hope this gave you some ideas.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 22-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Seeker
"Practical candle magic" by Leo Vinci is a great little book to start with.
Old 22-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Seeker
By the way, knowledge is key to everything with self-mastery. Become an expert in bugs, study the subject, master it. Such fear is largely driven by the unknown. Without wishing it to seem meaner than intended, one's fear of bugs is not much different than a Christian's fear of magick - the fear for both depend on the not-knowing.
Old 22-10-2020, 03:19 PM
Master
Burning black pepper essential oil along with a black candle and black sage (mugwort) and using Black Salt will help in your fear of bugs.

Old 25-10-2020, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
Being a newbie witch, the first and foremost thing you should and need to learn prior to any casting or incantations is learn how to clense your sacred space from negative energies and learn how to create a form of protection for yourself. Not doing these can invite nasty surprises that can be difficult to get rid of. Prevention is the best medicine.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.