Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 05-11-2020, 10:18 AM
Knower
Should you be careful with auditory hallucinations?

I sometimes have visual and auditory hallucinations in my dreams. Of course, all dreams are - literally - visual and auditory hallucinations but here I am talking about fully or partly lucid dreams where I am aware that the experience is coming in through some kind of energetic connection (specifically the third eye).

I never mind the visuals (I enjoy them) but when I hear music in my head I always feel more worried. First of all, because the visuals are volatile but the music in my head tends to be persistent. I can disconnect from it by mentally jerking my head in a quick and abrupt way, but it takes effort and multiple attempts. Second, because it feels more invasive to have sounds in your head as compared to having sights. It's not hard for me to imagine hearing music in my head all day, whether I want to or not (I have experienced the same hallucination also in awake states, though this has been much more rare)

Can anyone relate to this? Maybe I should just let it happen (accepting the discomfort of uninvited music) and see where it goes? Or would it be better to shield myself from this experience? (like I was basically already doing)
Old 06-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Knower
Hi asearcher, can you explain more about that experience?

I've googled a bit more on the subject and it appears that for people hearing music all the time it's indeed really invasive, so I guess I will indeed keep disconnecting from it. I notice I have these phenomenons when I meditate for a bit longer (say up to an hour). This tends to put me in a state where my third eye stays active even when I go to sleep. The thing is that I like to have my third eye active because it feels nice (I feel more inspired).
Old 07-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Knower
Hi asearcher,

yes, the "music in your head" can be absolutely awesome. When I hear really great music in my dream, it seems devoid of any struggle, it effortlessly flows in new directions that are fresh and original. But more often I would hear what sounds like normal pop songs.

Regarding the remembering of past lives, your story is really interesting! There is a book by Stevenson called "Twenty cases suggestive of reincarnation" that I think would fit your own experience very well. I'm a strong believer in reincarnation, and I think I probably also had a flashback from the moment where I was about to die. This came to me in a dream, where my surroundings suddenly faded into pitch black, and faded back into a new place, where I experienced/relived how prison guards released their dogs on me. It felt more real than even my awake life. When it happened I knew though that it was not currently happening, but the terror I felt was very strong. I (again) managed to disconnect from the experience because I really did not want to relive it. It could also explain why I am very jumpy around dogs.

Regarding the fading boundary between "real" and "not real", I had a positive experience where a cat came to visit me in the night. He kind of woke me up (I realized I was in my bed and that there was a cat) and he was nudging my head with his head and purring (actually, the sound was really authentic, I now remember :-), and I realized that the cat could not possibly be really there. I just enjoyed our encounter and at some point I opened my eyes which ended the experience.

In general I don't/wouldn't mind the occasional flash of ESP (hearing or seeing something), as long as it's not constant or too frequent. And yes, I suppose it's a comfort when other people also hear the same thing. But if you are sensitive to it, then of course you will have these experiences much more often.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:51 AM
Color

A Music of the Spheres - Celestial Harmonies ---anyone interested ?
Buy those waxy ear plugs ...the others aren't really much good. Wear them for awhile -
place your attention more to the right..simply listen....
after awhile your thoughts fall to the background...and Shazam!
Sure, might take a week of practice....then what has always been there becomes apparent.

(I placed my fingers in my ears at every stop light 48 yrs ago in Key West, FL, ah the memories...It took me a couple days...it was
the same great feeling as when I finally could see those darn 3-D prints
...all of a sudden, There was the Elephant!!!!!Yay! I see it!!!)

I describe it this way in get-togethers - groups of like minded people..
I say ok, who hears the clock in the dining room?
NO one raises their hand usually. Funny.

But then, now there it is and there it always was.

*I'm sorry In Flux - that it is invasive. And here I am telling people how to hear music...don't hate me. :)
It is a wonderful meditation practice many do not know to do....follow the Divine harmonies and sounds -
you even get to Krishna's flute -before that crickets like on a peaceful summer night, babbling streams,
waterfalls, ha, Kabir's 'unstruck strings' , full melodies- oh my.

Many layers of peaceful sounds.
Kirpal Singh was someone that expounded on this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Knower
Don't worry Miss Hepburn,

it's not invasive yet :-). It's just not fully clear to me how I should respond to these experiences (it's interesting to spontaneously hear music, but I think I would rather not end up in a situation where there is constantly music in my head, which has in fact happened to some people).

This also reminds me of Shinzen Young's experience where - as a result of meditating for very long stretches of time - he started (regularly) seeing very big insects that were not really there. He could even touch them (though they were not "real" and could vanish into thin air).

Regarding the celestial music, I have tinnitus. It's not too bad (a constant high-pitched sound in my head), but I don't know how compatible that would be with hearing crickets :-). By the way, having some experience with meditation is a blessing when it comes to dealing with tinnitus, it helps when you are able to create some distance and equanimity towards the experience.