Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 11-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Lepus

Question Eggshells

Hello,

Anyone incorporate eggshells into your craft? What can they be used for besides protection?

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 12-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Master
I dont use eggshells for protection BUT I do use Hagstones as protective devices.
Hagstones - an ancient device. A pebble with a natural hole in it. Mostly from the seashore. Said to protect stables by preventing witches taking and riding the horses to death. Hanging on your bedhead to protect you while you sleep against the Night Mare. Dorset fisherman hang them on the prow of the boat to protect against Sea Witches.
I collect them on my nearby beach - beach combing is a favourite of mine in the winter when the moors are inaccessible.
There is another bit of lore which says, if you look thro' the hole, you will see another realm.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...psf8b0b605.jpg

Just adding a couple of shots from our last festival at Thornborough, Mabon.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps6f7dnijc.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...psbj0aszpp.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...psgfb3zewf.jpg
Old 16-11-2016, 04:38 AM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

Initially, I wanted to purchase a set that includes a Hagatone from online, but realized the bundle to be quite expensive. I read about the Hagstones prior to you bringing it up for protection. I would naturally go outside to locate some of these stones; unfortunately, there are none around my area, unless I'm not looking at the right places. Anyway, these stones are associated with witches, hence the word hag. Pretty neat lore you shared there.

Once again, your inspiration has led me to start taking pictures. The ceremony for Mabon festival looks fun from what I see. Thanks for sharing.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 16-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Master

Eggshells are mainly used for protection but they can be incorporated into spells as well. Powdered eggshells are called Cascarilla Powder - which can be put in baths for cleansing/purification. It repels negative energy. You can dust yourself with it before meditating or astrally projecting. You can protect your house by laying a line of Cascarilla around it, visualizing a wall or protection but remember that it needs to be redone - I'd do it once a month.