Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Master

Why I am on SF, and you?

When I discovered SF four years ago I saw it as another doorway to the sort of knowledge I was seeking. Having spent most of my life searching for an answer to the enigma of life I looked, and still look, upon the SF as a rich source of hearing of the experiences of many voices in all sorts of fields.

But my reason for being here isn't just that, my reason is the number of times I have experienced moments or insights into what I can only call aspects of life which I cannot explain and which cannot be explained using logic. Something which, in general, fails to be part of the SFs offerings. I don't mean this in a negative sense but in the sense that many threads are statements of beliefs without any fitting questions being asked.
This is a sort of declaration of where I stand today as an 82 year old man who has devoted a lot of time to a search which has covered most views or outlooks on life.
Having investigated (if that's the right word) many religions, many belief systems, having belonged to all sorts of groups, societies, having studied (as a layman) all the well-known sources of religious inspiration (the list would be long), having read countless books and attended many lectures, not only in English but also in German which is my second language and gave me the opportunity to move into other philosophies I now am in a position - which I think will remain until the day I die - (getting nearer all the time) I have to say that the end result of all my exertions is that I believe in nothing. That is I don't believe now, for one moment, that anything we as humans consider to be explainable in the context of prevailing belief systems is valid.
I think that we have got it all wrong. I'm not pretending to be clever, nor am I of the opinion that I have an answer, but I am of the opinion that we should start again.
The only reference point that each of us really has is the condition in which we find ourselves in the thing we call NOW, this has to suffice in all our ponderings. We have to get to the level where all these odd things that happen to many people in many parts of the world become explainable.

I feel that C.G.Jung made a good start, the human mind is the secret to finding answers.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 27-11-2020, 10:42 AM
Elfin

Ah Busby ... And I can relate to everything you say. I resonate fully with the reason you joined the forum... Same for me with my "findings" .. my experiences , my "knowing".... I'm highly sensitive / Empath, so have to be careful as I know that my statements of fact ( as in what I have have experienced) and therefore the "truth" to me .... Will probably get picked apart , disseccted and spat out by the "vultures" LOL... Which is all we and good... But it upsets me !!!...... Oh and for what it's worth... The human mind knows EVERYTHING !....
Old 27-11-2020, 05:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Ah Busby ... And I can relate to everything you say. I resonate fully with the reason you joined the forum... Same for me with my "findings" .. my experiences , my "knowing".... I'm highly sensitive / Empath, so have to be careful as I know that my statements of fact ( as in what I have have experienced) and therefore the "truth" to me .... Will probably get picked apart , disseccted and spat out by the "vultures" LOL... Which is all we and good... But it upsets me !!!...... Oh and for what it's worth... The human mind knows EVERYTHING !....

That last line Elfin, contains the absolute truth.

I know this because at the age of twenty, one afternoon, I suddenly found myself out in the solar system purely as an observer with eyes and a mind watching the movements of the planets. It was very impressive and it became clear to me that I had seen this all before, that I knew all about it. It then dawned on me that I did in fact know everything - that I could have answered any question.
This experience was triggered by a series of thought factors and did not only provide me with a basis for my existence (and all existences) but also allowed me to have a short peep into the workings of the universe and the immense number of connections and meanings of all things.

There was no god present and it was afterwards clear to me that the universe creates itself and we are part of it. This has been confirmed to me in a number of instances during my lifetime, leaving no doubt in my mind as to where we belong.

On a more personal note, I hope that you are practising the patience I told you about and which you need to emerge strong and strengthened from your ordeal. One more thing - is it wrong for me always to hope that the most attractive girl wins Tipping Point?

I'm glad you are part of the universe.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 27-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
That last line Elfin, contains the absolute truth.

I know this because at the age of twenty, one afternoon, I suddenly found myself out in the solar system purely as an observer with eyes and a mind watching the movements of the planets. It was very impressive and it became clear to me that I had seen this all before, that I knew all about it. It then dawned on me that I did in fact know everything - that I could have answered any question.
This experience was triggered by a series of thought factors and did not only provide me with a basis for my existence (and all existences) but also allowed me to have a short peep into the workings of the universe and the immense number of connections and meanings of all things.

There was no god present and it was afterwards clear to me that the universe creates itself and we are part of it. This has been confirmed to me in a number of instances during my lifetime, leaving no doubt in my mind as to where we belong.

On a more personal note, I hope that you are practising the patience I told you about and which you need to emerge strong and strengthened from your ordeal. One more thing - is it wrong for me always to hope that the most attractive girl wins Tipping Point?

I'm glad you are part of the universe.
.....Oh Lordy... And I knew ... And wanted to say you never ever knew "Nothing".... You always knew everything...OH MY ..yes I am practising...... You dark horse!!!!.....who knew ????.....ME.. heehee....
Old 27-11-2020, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
... at the age of twenty, one afternoon, I suddenly found myself out in the solar system
purely as an observer with eyes and a mind watching the movements of the planets.
Um, wow...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-11-2020, 11:12 PM
Master
Hello,

When I joined way back was looking for a place to discuss and exchange ideas, insights, and life, suppose.

While here have met and continue to meet some interesting and wonderful folks.

Have learned about things that I was not familiar with and hooked up with videos, books, and sites that found interesting and expanded my interests.

Have gone through changes, for these just come through living. Have had my moments of taking a break from here. Have found things that I relate to and things I don’t. People here have came and some are still here, while others have gone. Some remember like an old friend, while others just pass by, still others enjoy when our paths cross. Such are the interactions that come along.

Over all still find the forums interesting and enjoy the exchanges and expressing myself.

Thank you for asking Busby

Thanks to all you folks
Old 28-11-2020, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

When I joined way back was looking for a place to discuss and exchange ideas, insights, and life, suppose.

While here have met and continue to meet some interesting and wonderful folks.

Have learned about things that I was not familiar with and hooked up with videos, books, and sites that found interesting and expanded my interests.

Have gone through changes, for these just come through living. Have had my moments of taking a break from here. Have found things that I relate to and things I don’t. People here have came and some are still here, while others have gone. Some remember like an old friend, while others just pass by, still others enjoy when our paths cross. Such are the interactions that come along.

Over all still find the forums interesting and enjoy the exchanges and expressing myself.

Thank you for asking Busby

Thanks to all you folks

I enjoyed reading your account.

You bring out your own realism which rings with your truth.

Thanks.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Legrand

Hello Elfin,

So here I find you

How are you doing?

It's been a while I have read one of your post.

Love!
Old 27-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Elfin,

So here I find you

How are you doing?

It's been a while I have read one of your post.

Love!
Hi Antoine .... Likewise...I always think of you and I like characters from one of those "polite" films... You know the ones I mean... Where the ladies had "dance" cards !!!.... Sending love as always.
Old 27-11-2020, 11:40 AM
Master
I have no clue what the hell i'm doing here. I think i was somehow drugged, then stumbled upon spiritualforums and decided it would be cool to be spiritual for a brief period of time.

I really don't know why i'm still here. I think i frustrate and annoy people without meaning to. I can sense that. But i also humor and amuse.

I've met interesting people along the way. It was worth it.