Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-05-2023, 10:36 PM
Master

Is there any such thing as making a conscious decision to love someone ? To me love is spontaneous……coming unexpected….
Old 22-05-2023, 05:02 AM
Master
Unconditional love stands on its own; it does not need an object or person to love. It is love for the sake of love, a presence which stands on its own without any attachment to anything. We all have that love within us.

It is extremely sweet, rich, thick, and intoxicating, and in my opinion, it is the fabric of our deeper being, or soul if you will. At our core we are love. An incredibly fine and transparent presence; unconditional love is mask-less, it does not wear a covering, and has no pretense. Unconditional love has nothing to do with giving or receiving. It does not know envy, jealousy, likes or dislikes. It is whole and not partial; it exists in a non-dualistic state.

Human existence is a particular conditional state, and as such we place conditions on just about everything, including love. To transcend our conditions opens us up to experiencing this unconditional non-duality.
Old 22-05-2023, 06:57 AM
Master
Love is very simple but human relationships can be very complicated.
Old 22-05-2023, 08:40 AM
Master
In opening and letting go, I feel that pure love is really illuminated being, beyond all containment, conditioning, beliefs.

It’s the essence of being open and clear beyond the conditioned state. I would say it encompasses selfless and self love. You can’t be selfless without understanding who and what you are as the self and as love from within.

The human experience often allows most of us to move through any or all stages of love. The spiritual journey often leads us back to the essence of love within each of us.
Old 22-05-2023, 09:00 AM
Administrator
I agree with Starman

Namaste
Old 22-05-2023, 09:42 AM
Master

I think both starman and JustBe made very good descriptions.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 22-05-2023, 03:07 PM
Master
We do not need a reason to love, nor do we need a reason to be happy.
They are natural fulfillments, priceless, existing in the same continuous
stream. Feeling good about your self, can lead to joy, joy can lead to
happiness, happiness can lead to love, and love can lead to ecstasy. An
absolutely naturally fulfilling stream which we all have, that is free to us
and beyond reasoning.
Old 22-05-2023, 07:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We do not need a reason to love, nor do we need a reason to be happy. ... An absolutely naturally fulfilling stream which we all have, that is free to us and beyond reasoning.
Indeed. There is a space within where love and peace and joy arise spontaneously in each moment, ever present, independent of whatever else may be happening.

The challenge is to find this space and then just rest there.

Peace
Old 22-05-2023, 08:28 PM
Master

How does one know what is unconditional love and why it is something to aspire to? Then, how does one get there?

You need answers to such questions, or you might be doing something detrimental to yourself.

I'm pretty sure that if polled, people would overwhelmingly want to be loved by everybody and love everybody. Then, why is the world in the bad shape it is now, and it always was?

All the posts I read on this thread sound like well meaning wishful thinking. But, they seem unhelpful.

It is like
“It is better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick.” — Dave Barry
Why? How do you know? How to get there? Can you get there?

Does any of the posters apply what they posted? If not, why? If yes, give examples.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-05-2023, 09:03 PM
Guide

Starman, thank you for post #17..