Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 08-04-2023, 08:07 PM
Administrator
Over Work = a Head Cold

Hello

I have a nasty head cold and it seems I might have predicted it to come on. With hours being cut where I work due to "Targets" not being met the full time have been pushed to do more. So I said to management that we are going to land sick. Sure enough the managers were first to come down with colds then some staff now me.

I see the LIGHT in all things that come as I was blessed with 5 days off in a row paid time, scheduled days off. So I loose nothing being home but the annoyance of it being Easter Weekend. So be it.

I forgot what a cold was like, seems like a longtime now since I have had one.

Sadly it seems that companies have learned NOTHING from Covid 19 and the Lock Down's we face as they do not see the workers for their value.

This is something that has to change before we face the next round that is just waiting to hit the World. We need to work smarter not harder in life.

Lynn
Old 09-04-2023, 08:50 AM
Administrator
I agree we are not seen as people anymore just money making things. you shouldn't have targets in a food store. Supermarkets here some are giving their staff a day off and closing the shop.
you are of no value to the managers anymore.
some of these managers live in Dream world. don't they know there is a cost of living crisis going on.
Hope you feel better soon

Namaste
Old 09-04-2023, 09:00 AM
Master

We are, and always will be "just numbers".
If they can get their moneys worth they will.
I worked in a trade warehouse with over 300 staff. Over the years the staff numbers were reduced to 93 . Those 93 were expected to do triple the work for no extra money.
And yes it's true, we become run down, open to more illness , stressed beyond stress and then get told off for having time off.
Things need to change .
Old 09-04-2023, 10:15 AM
Administrator
The trouble is whilst they are making money nothing will change.
you have to stage a mass walkout now.
apparently money is worth more to them than staff, they don't care if you become ill

Namaste
Old 09-04-2023, 08:32 PM
Master

@Lynn : I hope you feel better soon!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:21 AM
Master

It's no wonder there are so many companies /firms going on strike here in the UK. And we're not talking about small companies, we are talking about the NHS... Rail workers... Royal mail etc.
They are all sick and tired ..LITERALLY !!!
And you can't blame them.
I reckon in a past life i was part of the Jarrod march

But yes Lynn... As Inavalan said, hope you get better soon.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:38 AM
Master

Wishing you well Lynn ❤️
Old 14-04-2023, 02:04 PM
Administrator
Hello

Well what I thought was a "cold" was the start of the dreaded Spring season for Hay Fever. I finally tried some allergy meds and instant relief was found. I told a few at work that are suffering and sure enough its allergies not colds. Its an odd time here weather wise a very late spring with frost still happening over night. So nothing seems out.

What is causing the issues is molds outside. The cold came on fast in the fall this year so the trees did not have the time to loose their leaves and for those leaves on the ground to be collected up by people. So they have been getting wet then trying and well getting moldy in the process. As we do get the winds it has been putting mold spores into the air and combined with the road dust its not a nice combination.

Now the spring flowers are coming out so it will be a hard season a head for a bit. Too adding to the issues are supply chain issues on over the counter products. Natural is best, for me honey and cinnamon are a must have. Local natural honey where the bees are exposed to the local pollens. Lots of sea water nose flushes. Little bit of Vicks Vapor rub under the nose does wonders.

Lynn

Feeing
Old 17-04-2023, 06:08 AM
Master

Hayfever season appears to have arrived with a vengeance this year. Many people that I know are being affected badly, people all over the world.
Also pets...
Two people I know have told me that their dogs "appear" to have a cold or flu , and Ive told them to get the dogs checked for hayfever . They never thought about it being hayfever.
Good tips there Lynn. I might try a couple of those myself as I'm bad with it myself just now.
Hope you get some relief from it all.
Old 29-05-2023, 05:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Overworking oneself can lead to a compromised immune system, making one susceptible to illnesses like a head cold. Prioritizing self-care and maintaining a healthy work-life balance is crucial to prevent such consequences and maintain overall well-being. Remember, your health should never be sacrificed for work.