Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-09-2020, 03:46 PM
Master

Also would like to suggest that rationalwiki is like the inverse of our culture here. We could learn a lot from them. However it’s very far away somehow. Also I don’t think I’m ok with believing that everything is just physical and etc
Old 13-09-2020, 04:56 PM
janielee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Yes, spirit learns in many ways, and there is not one correct way.
In regards to those conspiracies, so loudly lamented,
first they ignore them, then they ridicule them, and then they fight them.
Where are we at the moment?

We are in the end times brothers, and there is no better place to watch it unfold.
Hallelujah
Rah nam

What is the role then Rah nam, and end of what?

Hallelujah
Old 13-09-2020, 04:59 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Common sense will tell you that if you believe, if people have thoughts, ponder, have a perceptual experience of any kind it's processed by what's in their noggin. Making a decision about what to believe or not or how it's expressed is not divine in nature, it's brain/mind constructed. Thinking that Spiritual people are immune to the ravages of what's floating around in their skulls is not critical and it's not thinking. Scientists have also found that Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same area of the brain.

So the question is, where is the line drawn between Spirituality and all the noggin-related stuff? Really though, what everybody has in common is that they have an existential experience within the context of and relation to their created perceptual reality. Same for everybody - labelled as Spiritual or not. The only real differences are in the context.

I could say the same for others in this forum, because the vector of critical thinking is relative to each individual that thinks. And yes, I include myself in that too but I admit it. Sometimes critical thinking it isn't.

The Universe is the way it is for its own reasons and everybody is having their own existential experience regardless. Who can say if their experience isn't Life Purpose/Karmic Obligations? We all have that in common. The separating factor seems to be the word 'Spiritual' and its definitions so what does that say about whom? If there's something wrong with their Spirituality, where does that 'wrong' come from? And if it's 'them and us'????

Spiritual vs mundane, is that how the Universe in which there is only the One Self and "there is no separation" is divided? What happened to echoes and reflections? Is that indicative that we are divided with ourselves by the word 'Spiritual' and its definitions?

Hi dear Greenslade

I take comfort in knowing that the wisdom and verbiage of the great Saints is the same at heart, and there is genuinely Great, Transcendent Truth, of which I’ve had the blessing to see some of. There is therefore great truth, amongst all diversification.

Blessings,

Jl
Old 13-09-2020, 05:01 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
It's precisely for the superstitious ,ignorant ,selfish , negative and passive people's spirituality that spirituality today is in the dismal state it is in . Of course it's not something that there is not hope . There are great people with great insights . Things can and will improve for better.

Thanks HITESH SHAH. Perhaps there are not enough bright lights standing as goalposts?
Old 13-09-2020, 05:02 PM
janielee

Quote:

Edit: Urine and sperm do not come from the same place, Spirituality and schizophrenia do.

He said we and urine, not sperm.

He also didn’t say schizophrenia is just a label.
Old 13-09-2020, 05:09 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
I don’t know what is true spirituality. To me it’s a tool. An anchor. But even though I’ve read some about it, my true roots of spiritual insights are often mental techniques to release resistance. It develops further now into gaining insights. Also, talking helps a lot. I try to extend this now with new interests which might teach me more about logic. However I came to spirituality in this lifetime because all of a sudden my mind didn’t seem to function (autism) and it became harsh. The concepts of chakra’s was something I understood better than how to put a table together from wood. So I went with the chakra’s. I still use a lot of tools I’ve developed and learned in my teenage years. Just more advanced. But it’s kinda useless in my eyes to not use spirituality. Concepts should work down on the ground. If they don’t work here, why follow them? However I do see the use of kindness as very useful. However one should be capable to stand up for him or herself.

That’s my bit of this discussion. It made me think these things. Don’t mind giving feedback. I kinda feel like it’s about me too, namely. Could also pm me.

Hi cosmicwonder

Yes. I agree spirituality is basic, it’s mot just a word or any particular area. I understand and relate to the efficacy and use of chakras and releasing resistance in the mind.

Kindness in particular yes but also standing up for oneself. These are all wonderful aspects to utilize in self development

I guess for me spirituality equates to the higher and highest truths of the heart and of love. From this, I believe everything else falls into place
Old 13-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
What is the role then Rah nam, and end of what?

Hallelujah

He is talking about the Christian 'end times' which is a major Christian belief.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2020, 06:40 PM
Experiencer
It's a classical confirmational bias

you, me, and everybody will only look for what they want to look.

blocking out everything in contradiction to that.

If you have a confirmational too see everyone here being manipulated, you will find that for sure- That's confirmational bias.

Is true, is false... who cares

Personal Reality = Personal Confirmational Bias

So make sure you have a positive and empowering confirmational bias that will make your life better.

It's your choice
Old 13-09-2020, 07:37 PM
Master

spirituality

Quote:
If you think schizophrenia is a label then that; is your lack of knowledge. If someone suffers from schizophrenia I can assure you that what they don't experience is a label. Go talk to people who have schizophrenia or do your homework, because often there's a reason why Spirituality is linked to schizophrenia. It has the same origins, regardless if that offends your sensibilities or not.
Label/no label , judgement/no judgement - people can very well understand it and its no rocket science .

I know that i or u can not know everything in life due to our inherently limited experiences and education and vastness of life. My sensibilities are not weak to get offended or weakened with baseless /illogical derivations and conclusions others . It was for your feedback that people get what u convey. You may continue with ur beliefs .

Quote:

Nothing to do with science and everything to do with good old human nature. Those are the choices that Spiritual people make in general, that they talk about how there is no separation yet this thread is all about just that. This thread has drawn lines of separation between groups of people, it begins with Spiritual vs non-Spiritual and now it's 'their' Spirituality vs 'ours'.

What does that tell you?

I view spirituality as having cause /effect relationship howsoever weak/feeble. And accordingly i consider it science. There are many who may not agree with it . That's ok to me. It's not necessary for every one to have same beliefs.
Old 13-09-2020, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualFreedom
It's a classical confirmational bias

you, me, and everybody will only look for what they want to look.

blocking out everything in contradiction to that.

If you have a confirmational too see everyone here being manipulated, you will find that for sure- That's confirmational bias.

Is true, is false... who cares

Personal Reality = Personal Confirmational Bias

So make sure you have a positive and empowering confirmational bias that will make your life better.

It's your choice

I agree.

This Forum is a place to share views, not a place where you come to get whipped because you don't believe what 'you are suppose to believe'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.