Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-01-2022, 09:48 AM
traceyacey12

How do you make sense of evil?

How do you make sense of evil? Why does it exist?
Old 13-01-2022, 11:35 AM
Master
In a session by Vijay Mehra with Buddha, the following dialogue ensued:

V: can you throw some light on fear because on earth we tend to act from fear? How may we overcome fear? Can you enlighten us please?

B: fear also plays its positive part. Evil creates fear to propel into a certain direction. Extremity of negativity is like one end of the pendulum. Inertia in between will not let the pendulum go to the right side. In certain circumstances unless you move to the left you will not be able to experience the right. It plays its part. It’s fearsome, its troublesome, its sorrowful ...

V: in a way, duality also helps us?

B: yes. Because non-duality without total realisation of the absolute universal love is useless and dead. So the swing of the pendulum to the left, to the fear, to the anger, to violence, to extreme sorrow makes it imminent to go to the right and that swing gives the experience, the taste of the right ... so that the taste of the right can imbibe into the soul, the longing for the right making us be away from the left. The energies channelled from the right will make fear disappear. Fear will remain to make you keep on propelling to the right to the right direction until you learn.

The full session may be seen under the channelling section ‘Q&A with Gautama Buddha’
Old 13-01-2022, 12:30 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12

Sorry. It makes no sense, as I see no evil, also goodness either.

Things happen in a way. Looks evil to one the same which looks good to others.

But, they happen. When 'belief/ego/thought' subsides, nothing as evil/good to sense, as 'one' not gets affected by anything happens, so 'identification' as anything ceases.

Bye. Take care.

Old 13-01-2022, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Sorry. It makes no sense, as I see no evil, also goodness either.
I see no evil, neither goodness.
Wow, This is one quotable post .. it could have been and has been said by many a teacher and master.
(A big one is Joel S. Goldsmith, unfamiliar with him?...a prolific author, that has many words to say about 'evil'; especially in,"Practicing the Presence" and ''Conscious Union with God''.
For me, he explains it the best I've heard.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-01-2022, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Evil means something different to different people, what I may perceive to be evil you may not.
But the saying that comes to mind is Without Evil there can be no Good.
Without Dark there can be no Light

Namaste
Old 13-01-2022, 02:49 PM
Master

I think what we find evil is nothing more then energy and explainable. As said there is always a reason, just ask and you will see.
Old 13-01-2022, 03:28 PM
Ghaleon

Quote:

Evil was created by God/E.ki (Lucifer, Vishnu, Yaldaboath, Allah and he goes by many many other names) a long time ago. He is not all evil though as he has good qualities and traits about him, thus he is dualistic in nature. He is good AND evil!

When Sophia realized that she had created a being that had a lions head a snakes body and fiery flashing eyes she called upon him to enlighten him but he never came, instead he withdrew from her and was envious that there was someone that existed besides him.

She placed him on a luminous cloud so that no one amongst the immortals (aeons which are thought forms and emmanations of The Monad, Source, All That Is) may see him she then placed a throne in that cloud. She gave him (Yaldaboath) authority over her creation the physical universe and she cast him out from the place in which he had been born.

This is from the Nag Hammadi texts.

When she saw that Lord Ea/Yaldaboath had created many different angels and demons and how he used her spirit to create the dismonchy between good and evil she knew where this was headed so she repented.

"From matter he created a dwelling place for himself and called it Heaven and from matter he created a footstool for himself and called it Earth"

On the Origins of the World

This is the origin of evil. It came from Yaldaboath and his Authorities (See Archons)!
Old 13-01-2022, 03:29 PM
Master
In my mind, what we call evil is unbalanced ignorance in fear. Choices that can take a being to dark and frightening places.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 13-01-2022, 04:27 PM
Master

Quote:
A broad subject which may be approached from many different perspectives. At the risk of getting a bit abstract, Consciousness develops through two phases:
  1. The involutionary arc, the downwards descent into Matter
  2. The evolutionary arc, the upwards ascent into Spirit.
Both serve a purpose, both are necessary. But we are on the evolutionary arc upwards while still trying to overcome the downwards tendencies of the involutionary arc. And these downwards tendencies are what we label as evil.

This manifests in various ways, such as the attraction to the material world and the negation of the spiritual world.

The descent into matter is also a process of contraction of consciousness, just as the ascent into Spirit is a process of expansion of consciousness.

As part of the contraction of consciousness the individual becomes totally focused on trying to satisfy the needs and desires of the little ego, no matter the cost. Hence the various acts of evil which occur daily.

As part of the expansion of consciousness the individual rises above the needs and desires of the little ego, and is more concerned with serving others rather than oneself.

So we could say that evil is the tendency to selfishness just as good is the tendency to selflessness.

Peace
Old 13-01-2022, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:

I can't really make sense of what you mean by it.

Let me say there are things in our human world that I consider wrong.
To you and me it matters, to nature and the universe it does not. What does evil mean to you?

Last edited by Altair : 13-01-2022 at 07:17 PM.