Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 10-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Question Energy?

The word energy confuses me greatly. There is a personal term and a science term. Is there a simple way to understand the word energy? Each word has it's own descripture. Curious-One
Old 11-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Experiencer
Both of them are compatible, in a sense. The scientific definition and understanding is more like the physical manifestation of the spiritual definition and understanding. I would define both as "a force that causes a reaction", used by anything that has existed. What specifically is it that's confusing to you?
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 12-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Guide

That's the type of question which will get different responses because everybody understands that phenomenon differently. In the teachings of Hinduism, prana is a reference to life energy, but again, if you ask different people what prana is a reference to, your going to get different responses because people are going to understand that differently too.

My own understanding is that the most important source of prana is the Sun, and that the world is totally dependent on the Sun for energy. An analogy could be used ... Were the Sun to go out (extinguish) today, within hours, the whole world would turn to ice.

You might reason to yourself ... I go out into the Sun all of time ... but I don't experience any sense of energy. That may be true, but some Yogis understand the secret for tapping into the power of the sun. For example, a person can do this through certain asanas (yogic postures), but the person would also have to understand how to perform the asanas correctly to get the most out of them.
Old 15-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Master
yes and to add to what others are saying there are also many forms of energy as well, even in the physical sense -- energy that is stored, energy that is moving, mass-energy, chemical energy, thermal energy, radiant energy etc. Then different systems make different use of different energies by different mechanisms. The most simple and broad definition I have came across for energy is the ability to do work. And work has to do with the use of force to cause displacement -- as referenced in Crystal Ambassador's explanation.

Spiritual references to energy may have different reference frames but energy is still the same. For example psychokinesis/telekinesis it is still using the psychic/spiritual ability to use a force to displace or move an object....bending a spoon, moving a paper or a rock, switching on an electric appliance, etc. but it is still the ability to do work...still energy.
Old 15-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Master

Everything is energy.
The appearance of energy ranges from the finest reality to the most gross reality.
Old 16-05-2016, 02:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Everything is energy.
The appearance of energy ranges from the finest reality to the most gross reality.

and this is not an understatement
Old 17-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Smile Rain has a energy potential.

I have been also told that rain has a energy potential? curious
Old 18-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Knower

My understanding of energy is like Serrao. Everything is energy. We interpret it all the time, but those who are psychic/spiritual are tapping into more aspects of it.

Most people see the physical side of energy. Light is energy, sound is energy. We have eyes to see light and ears to hear sound. The wind holds energy and we can feel it through the receptors in our skin.

In school, we learn about energetic potential, thermodynamics, kinetic energy, etc. This is how the physical energy we see works, changes and interacts in different situations. Quantum physics, string theory, these are all different levels level of how energy works.

For those who value their psychic gifts, we/they live in the same world as everyone else and follow many of the same rules. But because we are more tuned to energy we can also tap into things like emotional and thought energy (to name a few). We hit yet another level or side of the same energy.

I guess its like our tissues and cells. Without a microscope we can see our tissue. With a microscope we can see down to the cell level. They are a part of the same thing, we just see different levels depending on what we choose to tap into.

Same with energy. There are many levels to it, how we absorb it or understand it depends on what level you are looking at it from.

Hope that made sense :)

txs
Old 18-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one

I believe so. Rain is simply water and water is filled with molecules that interact and move. Energy is exchanged during these interactions and movements.

Plus when rain falls, there is energy gain and loss there too :)

txs
Old 20-05-2016, 12:00 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious-one

That's true. The understanding is that water is like liquid crystal in the sense that it has memory. You can take ordinary tap water and change the molecular structure of it with just a thought. The problem is that water takes on all of the influences of all it's surroundings, including the particular vessel it is placed in. So attempting to alter the structure of water in a way where it prove to be beneficial to us is not an easy task.

Rainwater is very different from ordinary tapwater. It falls from the sky, so is not contaminated in all of the various ways that ordinary tapwater is. You could collect the rainwater in a wooden bowl, and pour it over your head, and you"ll notice a momentary clarity in your sense of thought. That's why in India, people bathe in rivers and waterfalls, which is just fallen rainwater, uncontaminated by nature and it's surroundings.