Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-02-2016, 03:58 AM
Knower

Black Amethyst

Black Amethyst is a very very dark purple(like tektite which is very dark yellow or like black andradite garnet which is very dark red) or it's contain hematite(like tourmaline in quartz)?

Thx in advance
Old 22-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Amethyst is silicon dioxide with minor impurities of iron (Fe) compounds. It also can contain minor manganese compounds.
Color can be from light to dark purple.

Black amethyst is name some people use for very dark purple color amethyst. It should not be confused with smokey or black quartz - color results from free silicon, formed from the silicon dioxide by natural irradiation.

Very light amethyst has lower concentration of iron and presence of titanium oxide - so I am not sure should it be called amethyst - lilac quartz sounds more appropriate to me.

Hematite is iron oxide (Fe2O3), so it has nothing with amethyst. Some quartz crystals have thin layers of hematite, it's usually called hematite or hematoid quartz (red or brownish quartz).
Old 22-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Experiencer
Although you've quickly spouted off the chemical makeup of black amethyst.. What is you're view on the properties of black amethyst... Errol.
Old 22-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWhisper
Although you've quickly spouted off the chemical makeup of black amethyst.. What is you're view on the properties of black amethyst... Errol.

Thank you for asking and your interest.
It is not my intention to be different, original or to confront with common interpretation of black amethyst, but this time I have to.
Black amethyst, IMO deals with deception and illusions. Black amethyst will shake you up well.
I work with black amethyst only when I know that my unconscious mind takes control over my behavior, when I become self-destructive, non-rational, over emphatic, confused.
It will force me to face my fears, my forgotten pain, my "dark shadow" I deny and refuse to deal with. It's a process of personal transformation, and it is unpleasant. It's possible to find out shocking information you didn't know nothing about.
Black amethyst is actually very beneficial. When the process of transformation is over, you change your inadequate behavior and face and accept reality you denied, Black amethyst is protective, very spiritual and can help healing process.

To StoneWhisper: comments and your thoughts are highly welcomed :)

Last edited by Errol : 22-02-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 28-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Wow, that's very interesting Errol. If it does all that, I will have to look into it. I've been noticing a lot of different opals and amethysts lately. This type of amethyst is one of many which have recently come to my attention. I as of yet own no amethyst. But I've been wondering if I may in fact be sensitive to them and their energies, as it seems like they're everywhere all of the sudden. Maybe I'm supposed to get some. Thanks for your information.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 02-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon
Wow, that's very interesting Errol. If it does all that, I will have to look into it. I've been noticing a lot of different opals and amethysts lately. This type of amethyst is one of many which have recently come to my attention. I as of yet own no amethyst. But I've been wondering if I may in fact be sensitive to them and their energies, as it seems like they're everywhere all of the sudden. Maybe I'm supposed to get some. Thanks for your information.
Dear Sister Moon, you are welcomed :)
I wish to say few more words about Black amethyst: like no other crystal, Black amethyst could bring spiritual awakening to the next, higher and higher levels. When we go to higher vibratory level, there is some work to be done. We should let go some things, and integrate parts of ourself that shoud be understood and healed. Reward is great, but it is a continual process. After initial "shake ups", expandening awakening would be something normal - there would be always something to be done, but in more and more smoother way.
Kindly, Errol.
Old 13-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Knower

--- delete ---

I'm sorry for delete my post.
After I post picture of black amethyst for ask if it's true a black amethyst, I feel uncomfortable. It's like the stone asking me to listen my intuition.
Thank you for your understanding.