Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Master
Kiran good for you for loosing that weight, it's tough and congrats :)
Spiritlite.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Guide
Thx Spiritlite... let's see if I can go on losing weight...

Today's breakfast has been a yoghurt and two small apples, and I feel light and vital and happy. Great. Around midday I will go for a little walk, I suppose by then the streets will not be as icy anymore. If so, I will do as yesterday and just dance around a little in my room (glad nobody can see me there, haha - looks hilarious!).

See you in the evening hours.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 12-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Neeti_Shri

hi kiran!!

i am overweight too,lost 14 kg in the past 4 months...thats 30 pounds...as i had written in my thread, I did not exercise much,but i found that controlling my intake of salt/sugar/oil,did the trick.

I avoided ghee and butter completely.it is important to treat yourself to a small portion of your fav dish,once a month,just to reward yourself. I swear that apart from very little exercise,i just watched the amount of salt/sugar/oil in my diet,and it worked very well.just make a mental note of how much of these you are consuming daily.

i switched to sweetener,honey and jaggery instead of sugar. i completely avoided chocolates,icecreams or pastries,except while rewarding myself once a month.

I requested my mom to start adding less salt to our food.whenever i cooked i put half the salt,and found that the food tasted better than ever before.

oil-wise,even if there was no way of avoiding some fried food,i made sure,the item was put in tissue and drained out all the excess oil.

all im saying is ,just watch the amounts of these 3 items,instead of watching the calories...it really did the trick! and i am still losing weight. i couple this with some walking.I get down a bit away from my home and walk the rest of the way,a bit of yoga,and skipping,just to give my body the much needed circulation.i added a lot of fruits and vegetables,sprouts and oats to my diet.

I found that making simple vegetable soups,avoiding milkshakes,asking the local fruit-juice vendor to put less sugar,tender coconut water, and avoiding nuts[because of their high oil content] except maybe a handful of nuts when i felt really tempted,and avoiding salted nuts,and all processed foods and colas,gorging on pasta and italian stuff,really did the trick.

i made sphagetti and macaroni whenever i felt terribly hungry.between meals,i tried to eat a bowlful of oats.this really helped to lower my cholesterol.

the main thing needed for any individual who wants to lose weight is lots of enthusiasm.leave the past behind,and be completely in the moment.i have found this to heal me body,mind,heart and soul. the present is completely divine.just practice coming to the room you're in and just being there completely.stay in the moment for long periods of time.it really heals miraculously.

one more thing,it helps to know that noodles and other processed foods and chips,have too much salt in them,avoid them completely.a bar of chocolate has nearly 10 teaspoons of sugar,imagine what amt of sugar is present in icecream! also,colas and other fizzy drinks have upto 10 teaspoons of sugar in every bottle.

take care,just wanted to share my little tips that really helped me.wish you luck in losing weight and becoming gorgeous!lots of love,neets.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Knower

My problem with sugar is that I am very sensitive to insulin. I'm a lot more careful now with my carbohydrate sources, spikes in blood sugar turn me into a sugar monster.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Guide
Thank you very much for your tips, Neets. Losing 30 pounds in 4 months is great. Hope you go on well and reaching your goals. You are right about the salt thing. In fact whenever my friend and I sit down to eat in the cantine, we have extra salt on our table to make the food even saltier... I will try tomorrow how the food tastes without the extra salt... :-)

Today was a good day, I went for a long walk through nature that left me relaxed and content. In the afternoon my favorite cousin came by and we talked a good while. It was so good to see her again. At 5 p.m. I went to a café-bar with a friend and I had some coke light and a toast. And now I just had a cup of warm cacao (oh, the little joys of sunday evening) and a Kapha-Tea.

I will now read a bit in bed and then sleep - tomorrow will be a busy day.

Love & Light,
Kiran

(The Book of Fate)
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Master
Kiran look up Himalayan salt.....just for me, I THINK it's better to used because it has the same minerals we do, however, it is a form of sodium but if you have to use salt (which I do I can't help it but very little) I think himalayan is best.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
iolite

Healthy fats are an important part of a healthy diet. It is the fat in our diets that satiate our bodies and help manufacture important hormones like pregnenolone. Organic, pasture fed dairy products are actually very good for us. Organic Coconut oil has medium chained fatty acids that help in weight loss. It is the trans-fats and artificial sugars -- especially high fructose corn syrup that contributes to obesity.

Adding more fresh fruits and veggies in the diet are a good way to add bulk without extra calories. Eggs are good for you too -- protein and healthy fat.

http://www.coconut-info.com/weight-loss.htm
Old 13-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Guide
Thank you very much for your tips, Spiritlite and iolite. I am trying to reduce my overall salt consume, and as for the fats... well, we all know transfats are bad, and I sometimes have some nuts or even eggs for proteins and "good" fats.

Just coming back from my daily 50 minutes walk. At first I was a little preoccupied about the streets being icy, but as I went it prove to be not half as risky as I thought. In fact, the only time I really slipped was right in front of our house, but I didn't let that scare me and the rest of the way went very well and safe. I am wearing special walking shoes though and thick clothes, and I know how to "fall right" should I ever lose my balance... so, I will still do my evening walks, even with a little ice on the streets.

My menu of the day:

Breakfast: cornflakes with milk
Morning snack: a coke (at work)
Lunch: two baked potatoes with a bit of fresh cheese
Afternoon snack: a banana and a tangerine
Supper: two Cabanossis (I felt like chewing) with three slices of bread and a Kapha-Tea

Water: still need to drink a little more
Exercise: 50 minutes walk

A good day, overall.

Love & Light,
Kiran

(The Book of Fate)
Old 13-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran

I know this sounds crazy but that's how I think. I know that when I'm in a state of peace of mind, I need less food.

I think this is what it all comes down too. When dieting too, it should lead to a feeling of peace of mind and wellbeing. (So don't ever get too hard on yourself when trying to lose weight or you can't feel that way then either.) Best of Luck!!! and you've inspired me because my story is much like yours.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Guide
Thank you, Selenphina. I am trying to stay in this feeling of peace of mind and quiet happiness. Best of luck for you too.

My menu of the day:

Breakfast: a yoghurt (I was in a hurry)
Morning snack: a cacao made with water (from the automat at work) and a small apple
Lunch: gratinated penne noodles with spinach and gorgonzola, and a yoghurt for dessert
Afternoon snack: a chocolate muffin (co-worker brought), another automat cacao, and an orange
Supper: salad, a half banana for dessert, and a Kapha-Tea.

Water: enough
Exercise: today I had no time to go for an evening walk because of a house member meeting that finished half an hour ago (it's now 21:00). But I will do some extra tomorrow.

And I am happy because the scale is oscilating over 103,3 - 103,5 kg. I start to like being a loser!

Love & Light,
Kiran

(The Book of Fate)