Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 20-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Master
getting sick after dental work

I just realized that although dental cleanings is important for maintaining health, it can wreak havoc on a body. Last year I got trigeminal neuralgia immediately following dental drilling/cavity refix. This year, I had a neck infection, and generalized infection immediately following dental cleaning. I usually get sick following any dental cleanings be it a cold or something else.

I think the bacteria in the mouth is introduced into the blood stream whenever dental work is done. The nerves also get affected. They get poked and prodded and germs are spread. To minimize this, the best solution is to use lots of mouth rinse prior to any dental work. Also, I will, from now on, go to my dentist only when I'm healthy with no sinus or other issues.

Do any of you get sick post dental work?
Old 20-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Master
Hi Berry. Dental work has a tramatic effect on the body no question. I would say the more sensitive one is to that sort of thing, the more that trauma can and will affect one. When I was teaching for example, I seldom ever got sick. But immediately upon the start of any extended holiday, I quite often became sick for a few days. I attributed that to the stress and tension in my body that had built up over weeks of teaching, that was suddenly being released as I relaxed into my time off.

I've don't believe I've ever gotten sick after dental work, to answer your question.
Old 21-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Master
Similar to you, my husband gets sick every now and then when he goes on vacation. I wish there was a better way of cleaning teeth without all that trauma.
Old 23-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I wish there was a better way of cleaning teeth without all that trauma.
Echinacea is the only "medicine" I ever take, I haven't had the flu in over a decade. It strengthens the immune system, maybe try that leading up to any dental work.
Old 23-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Master
Wow Baile, that is quite impressive, not having the flu for such a long time! Thanks, the echinacea is worth a try!
Old 24-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Wow Baile, that is quite impressive, not having the flu for such a long time! Thanks, the echinacea is worth a try!
I get the sniffles and so forth once in a while of course. But the last time I was bed-ridden due to illness was 2001. I take echinacea when I feel something coming on and when I'm run down. It seems to work for me, that's all I know. Maybe try taking it a couple of days before your next dentist appointment and see if it helps.
Old 24-12-2012, 04:39 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Do any of you get sick post dental work?
Nope... I no longer have the need for such invasive treatments. Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with baking soda using a water pick is now my only means of teeth care. That mixed with a daily use of home made kefir and a persistently health-promoting diet has been making trips to the dentist obsolete. ...read Weston Prices book written back in the 1930's to get a good feel as to how we've been lied to over the years.

http://www.w8md.com/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf

Dental problems are dietary in nature.... the rot comes from within and has little to do with either brushing or flossing.....
Old 24-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Nope... I no longer have the need for such invasive treatments. Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with baking soda using a water pick is now my only means of teeth care. That mixed with a daily use of home made kefir and a persistently health-promoting diet has been making trips to the dentist obsolete. ...read Weston Prices book written back in the 1930's to get a good feel as to how we've been lied to over the years.

http://www.w8md.com/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf

Dental problems are dietary in nature.... the rot comes from within and has little to do with either brushing or flossing.....

Old 27-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Master
i came down with M.E. following the addition of one silver/mercury amalgam filling. to avoid getting sick at the dentist, the first step i would take would be to avoid all and any metals being placed in your mouth. here's an interesting vid that shows mercury vapour rising from a tooth. although anything brushing teeth to drinking hot coffee, can cause mercury vapour in the mouth, but by far and a long way, the most vapour you can be exposed to in one go is, having your teeth polished, or having metal fillings placed or removed. thats why removal is tricky because of the amount of mercury that will hit the system, unless certain precautions are taken, and even then...don't have the injections either unless they're absolutely necessary...some biological dentists even test for sensitivity to the injections. if you have a tooth removed its also very important to burrr out the remaining periodontal ligament, to avoid infecting a closing hole.

Smoking Teeth = Poison Gas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

could be just the drilling, that can be tiring. there was an interesting piece on the 8 o'clock programme with trevor mcdonald, on how tooth crowns can cause chronic pain, that abated following removal. tooth work is a big thing...small operation. the british dental association has no govering body. i was once told i needed 3 fillings at a dentist. didn't have them done, went travelling and saw a dentist in germany, who informed me i needed no fillings just my wisdom tooth removed as it was growing wrong and so pushed on and hurt my other teeth. then there was the girl who's teeth were checked and they sent her to 6 dentists for a check up and all but one wanted to do more work than what needed doing. a trip to the dentist is a big thing. i would only ever use a mercury free dentist...preferably one with some form of complimentary therapy as well like homeopathy for pain. good grade omega oils, sublingually are good for post metal/dental work.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 28-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Master
Thank you Stephen and Vecta. I will read up when I get the chance.