Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 21-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Guide
I got a bladder infection in 2009 and it never truly cleared up for about two years. Even now my bladder is sensitive if I don't drink enough water so I really feel for you kitsunewindchaser. That being said, I find cranberry does not help and I think there's new reports that say it isn't helpful for bladder infection. I used to take concentrated cranberry/cranberry tablets everyday and it did nothing for me.

Water is the best thing you can do, keep drinking and flush yourself out. Avoid anything particularly acidic and fizzy drinks/alcohol play havoc with me. I've had so many courses of antibiotics it's unbelievable but it was only when they gave me something they don't normally prescribe did it really help. (Can't remember the name... nitrofursomething).

One thing I will say is when you do go to the toilet, strain for an extra 30 seconds or so, to try and ensure that you have emptied your bladder completely. Even just one drop can be enough to keep the infection going.

Are you getting chills with it? I know when an infection hasn't cleared because I get the chills really badly. I would suggest going back to the doctor and explaining that it's not going away, see if you can get different medication and more of it (over here they usually only give you two or three days worth of antibiotics).

Hope you start to feel better soon, they are truly awful. I found that taking nice warm baths relieved the pain a bit and then afterwards I would have a hot water bottle too to help.
Old 21-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Master
Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV is a natural remedy for all kinds of issues, including bladder irritations (which are not necessarily bacterial infections, I just learned).

Some say it's best to add a little baking soda to it for acid-alkaline balancing. A friend of mine recommends a mixture of ACV and honey to clear toxcity from the body, taking 1/4 cup with 1 teaspoon honey every day for three weeks.

Xan

Old 21-08-2012, 08:51 PM
kitsunewindchaser

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm a little leary about the silver, but I will look into it.

Illumine - I also have been drinking cranberry juice and taking cranberry supplements, and they sure aren't working wonders for me either. Though I was just remembering today about the 2nd infection I had, I think I cleared that one up on my own with some Acai supplements, maybe that's something you could try. I'm going to pick up some more of that today and hopefully between that and some of the other suggestions here I can get rid of this thing for good! (I know I have some apple cider vinegar and honey around here....)
Old 21-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Deactivated Account

most articles I have read, say that drinking the cranberry juice is a myth

and just a warning, that apple cider vinegar, even with honey .... tastes awful ! makes one want to gag ! I tried it for a cough remedy

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 21-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Master
We're different then, DA. I got used to it pretty easy by starting out adding a little fruit juice.

Xan

Old 21-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
We're different then, DA.

Xan

THAT is the understatement of the century !!

Expect Miracles !

Old 21-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Master
ha ha... That's okay. At heart we're all the same.

Xan

Old 22-08-2012, 05:32 AM
sesheta

To Dream Angel

and just a warning, that apple cider vinegar, even with honey .... tastes awful ! makes one want to gag !

LOLOL...I actually didn't find it that bad (just the ACV in water). But I also enjoy really dry white wine, so that's how I always compare it for people - I tell them that if they like very dry white wine, they can drink the ACV
Old 22-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Deactivated Account

......... never mind

Expect Miracles !

Last edited by Adrienne : 22-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 24-08-2012, 05:57 PM
StephenK

Kefir
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35951

Restore your gut flora, which will greatly strengthen your immune system, to where such irritations are no longer an issue....

Kefir, good foods, and reduced exposure to toxins, will fix the core of most all things that ail you.... :^)