Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-05-2021, 07:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Yeah absolute being without becoming, no awareness. The all that has no other.

And then, the all that is aware of itself. Being and becoming.

Like a mandlebrott fractal. Infinite. Yet this being is so infinite that it becomes aware of itself. Moving so infinitely fast, that it appears to be beside itself. Even tho it's still all one total thing, as all is one and one is all. Holographic.

So we are always made out of the very thing we're looking at.
There is no separation between the perceived and the perceiver, the perceived IS the perceiver. And thus we are a fractal of God.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
When I finally stopped asking the question, who or what am I, is when I started to truly live my life, maybe deep inside I realized who or what I am ?.
Or took another layer off the onion?
Old 08-05-2021, 07:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
and for some renouncing everything that they think they are not .
And that is the whole crux off the matter - or renouncing what they don't wish themselves to be. When people become 'Spiritual Beings' any discussion is not about 'I am'. The context and the starting point are already disjointed and the discussion becomes one of projection.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
These sort of identity questions tend to arise when we view ourselves as something fixed, instead of a collection of verbs. When we are fixated on being a fixed identity we tend to entertain questions like 'who am I?' and 'who is it that is asking the question?' When we observe and analyse other organisms we tend to be more down to earth about it, but when it comes to ourselves we start to mystify things. This is part of being human, it is to be caught up in enchantment.

Superb summary. Practical.
It's a question I haven't asked seriously. Path-working has led me to tease out what I'm not. A start, I suppose.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
I'm not sure the perceiver is created by what it is perceiving but it's perception sure is. We are like a movie camera with a ton of filters added, the filters are ego.
The perceiver and the perceived are in a kind of 'feedback loop' with each other, our perceptions are relative to our egos and in turn our egos are affected by our perceptions. And everything else just spirals out from there. So while we are your metaphor it's also about understanding that we have a relationship with our environment, whatever shape or form that takes.

What I find interesting is that people put so much store in Eastern wisdom but when it comes to understanding 'I' it's completely ignored. In the context of Ahamkara, Aham is Sanskrit for 'I' (ego is Latin for 'I', by the way) and a 'kara' is an 'invented thing' - created by Chitta or 'lower mind'. What is meant by an 'invented thing' is something that is created by perceptual/subjective reality. Ahamkara is sometimes described as the "I-maker" or the "I of invented things," so 'I' has no reality in itself.

Interestingly, psychology says the same. I guess coming to terms with being an 'invented thing' is kinda hard to swallow.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Or took another layer off the onion?

One time yes, but now that the onion has gone, its now garlic, I love garlic, its good for you also.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Superb summary. Practical.
It's a question I haven't asked seriously. Path-working has led me to tease out what I'm not. A start, I suppose.

The ''Who am I?'' question has never really caught my interest. To me, it has always been more about exploration. Experiences of bliss and feeling my entire body being 'electrified' is great but hasn't made me ponder ''who am I?'' or anything.

I also don't read any guru stuff or study any scripture so that may explain why I'm not asking the question to begin with. Haven't imprinted the whole thing in my mind and I doubt many illiterate 'pagans' did throughout history. But when you have an 'experience' and then read all kind of books then you may mould yourself in a way. On top of the ''who am I?'' question one could ask ''where does your question even come from?''
Old 09-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The ''Who am I?'' question has never really caught my interest. To me, it has always been more about exploration. Experiences of bliss and feeling my entire body being 'electrified' is great but hasn't made me ponder ''who am I?'' or anything.

I also don't read any guru stuff or study any scripture so that may explain why I'm not asking the question to begin with. Haven't imprinted the whole thing in my mind and I doubt many illiterate 'pagans' did throughout history. But when you have an 'experience' and then read all kind of books then you may mould yourself in a way. On top of the ''who am I?'' question one could ask ''where does your question even come from?''
I respect this post and don't spend any time on Who I am, either .
One diff between us is I have read SO many scriptures and 'wise men's' words since 1972!
(Yogis, Jung, Russell, all those guys, Krishna, my favorite - anyone I could get my hands on.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Ultimately I AM everything and nothing as the wise saying goes .
x daz x

Does that mean I am the pro vaccine and anti vaccine people?
Old 09-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
Does that mean I am the pro vaccine and anti vaccine people?
It depends on what you know of yourself to be . What I am is .

From one perspective you are me and I am you, from another, you are you and I am me .

x daz x