Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 23-04-2021, 12:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Need insight on positive and or negative interpretations

hello
as the title implies i would like insight about interpretations when it comes to positive and or negative meanings of a tarot card.

not so much on positive meaning yes / negative meaning no
but more in depth of how it actually applies to the question asked

for example
Q: Did something bad happen to me in my youth?
you draw a positive card - meaning yes

so im questioning if that positive card is meaning a true yes to that negative event. i just wondering if a negative card would have better represented a negative event? i went with the strait forward yes to that question

but felt conflicted after delivering the reading
Old 23-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Master
You do not ask 'yes/no' question when using cards. When you do you will get confusing answers.
Ask open questions.
Old 26-04-2021, 11:47 AM
Newbie ;)

thank you for the reply FairyCrystal
i understand your point but sometimes clients only want a yes or no answer. and that's how they pose their question. and that's why I'm seeking advice or insight about how to properly go about providing that answer.

so im questioning if that positive card is meaning a true yes to that negative event. i just wondering if a negative card would have better represented a negative event? would be thankful for additional insight or advice
Old 26-04-2021, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShilohCyrus
i understand your point but sometimes clients only want a yes or no answer. and that's how they pose their question. and that's why I'm seeking advice or insight about how to properly go about providing that answer.

so im questioning if that positive card is meaning a true yes to that negative event. i just wondering if a negative card would have better represented a negative event? would be thankful for additional insight or advice
Basically you tell your clients that it isn't possible and that they have to rephrase their question to an open one.
This actually helps them as it makes them think and not ask for an easy way out. People always have to take responsibility for whatever, but people tend to avoid that. It's easier and more comfortable to just get a clear cut YES or NO.
And the cards can give a very good indication of what to expect or what is possible, what lies ahead.
And if for instance Tower or Death was to be in there, followed by great card(s) it can mean that yes, it is possible to get there, but it ain't going to be easy or comfortable.
You can ask more concrete questions, for instance "What is the expected outcome?" Then you can dig deeper like "What can X do to help this along?"
And so on.
That way you get a very in depth and valuable reading, much more so than any simple meaningless YES or NO would do.
If clients insist then let them go. That means they're not ready to take responsibility and not ready to do any work or not the right one for you. Not everyone is a good match, you aren't the right match for everyone either. That's something you have to accept, whether you read cards, energies, heal etc.

In short YES or NO means fortune telling. Personally I don't do fortune telling and Tarot isn't designed for YES or NO. Risk is also if you come up with a YES and it works out as a NO they will come back to you to complain.
"Does he still love me" "Will he come back to me?" "Will I win the lottery" etc etc that kind of cr@p I don't do. As a reader I want to be taken seriously. I'm not wasted my gift and energy on that stuff.
But I guess it is what you want and prefer.
Old 27-04-2021, 11:48 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

People go to a tarot reader because they want easy answers. 99% of the reading is about a someone's love life. For me there are no negative cards in the tarot, only block energy and things we need to work on within ourselves.
Old 27-04-2021, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRosa
People go to a tarot reader because they want easy answers. 99% of the reading is about a someone's love life. For me there are no negative cards in the tarot, only block energy and things we need to work on within ourselves.
Exactly. I personally do not read for such people. I also don't do health or legal stuff if it's a paid for reading. Too risky.
And TF readings I don't do either for the simple reason that most people who think they're TFs are not at all. Meaning I will have to convey that and I will end up with dissatisfied or angry customers.
I once did a legal reading, people in a truly dire situation with lawyers involved and all. I decided after that, never again!! It's just too risky.

When you clearly convey your guidelines upfront of what you don't and do read, you also end up with people who appreciate a good solid reading, which in turn is fulfilling to me :)
Old 27-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Newbie ;)

thanks for your comments

and i agree and do clearly convey my guidelines upfront, as it helps to avoid
confusion. my goal is to please - but moreover its to provide the insight.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The confusion begins when you think there is some kind of 'objective' positive or negative. There isn't, positive and negative are relative to the client. The 'positive' card is agreement that an event they perceived as bad took place. What the client was most likely looking for was confirmation or proof.

Quote:
so im questioning if that positive card is meaning a true yes to that negative event. i just wondering if a negative card would have better represented a negative event?
Try agreement or confirmation rather than positive/negative or yes/no. It can also help you and the reading to ask if confirmation is what the client wants because it 'clears the air'.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:42 PM
Newbie ;)

thanks Greenslade
and yes, i do agree with you
that why i went with the strait forward yes to that question

appreciate all the feedback
Old 08-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Knower

Insight... that's a loaded question. And they kept coming I had to stop reading by 3rd post.

For the sake of your "clients" and for the sake of Tarot and all things spiritually.
Please learn to craw and walk before you attempt to run. And please make sure the Path your on is where you should be.