Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-03-2021, 08:55 AM
Master

How to make a laugh or keep it light?

Hii all,

A while ago I was very down. And all I needed was a big change of people around me. I got that. Now I need a bit of laughter everyday. However my heaviness wants me to give it to myself too. It’s something I’ve learned is important.

How to make this light heartedness happen? How can I see it? Like what is it at all... any advices? Many know how dense I am often. That’s fine, as it raises my consciousness. But a lighter feel might drastically improve my life.

Much kindness,

Cosmic Wonder
Old 30-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii all,

A while ago I was very down. And all I needed was a big change of people around me. I got that. Now I need a bit of laughter everyday. However my heaviness wants me to give it to myself too. It’s something I’ve learned is important.

How to make this light heartedness happen? How can I see it? Like what is it at all... any advices? Many know how dense I am often. That’s fine, as it raises my consciousness. But a lighter feel might drastically improve my life.

Much kindness,

Cosmic Wonder
....OH MY GOSH....... HE HAS "RISEN"..... LET US ALL GO DOWN ON BENDED KNEE AND WELCOME HIM INTO OUR WORLD OF STUPID NONSENSE, CANDY FLOSS, AND SILLY JOKES THAT ARE NOT EVEN FUNNY.....
... But then we laugh at the fact that they are not even funny and order great big fat pizzas , chips , burgers, fried chicken , and 15 different starters/ dips / desserts.... We put a great comedy film on... And reminisce about the days of yore when we were all miserable......and Goodness knows , me, of all people ( strange but true)... Has had many a miserable day...
But guess what... I've been able to laugh and joke about it afterwards .... And in between I've been able to laugh and joke in general .... Good for the spirit , and crucial for mental wellness...........
... "" Did you hear about the...........?"
... Ahhhh cliffhanger LOL...
.... Sending you Love and Lots of chuckles X
Old 30-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....OH MY GOSH....... HE HAS "RISEN"..... LET US ALL GO DOWN ON BENDED KNEE AND WELCOME HIM INTO OUR WORLD OF STUPID NONSENSE, CANDY FLOSS, AND SILLY JOKES THAT ARE NOT EVEN FUNNY.....
... But then we laugh at the fact that they are not even funny and order great big fat pizzas , chips , burgers, fried chicken , and 15 different starters/ dips / desserts.... We put a great comedy film on... And reminisce about the days of yore when we were all miserable......and Goodness knows , me, of all people ( strange but true)... Has had many a miserable day...
But guess what... I've been able to laugh and joke about it afterwards .... And in between I've been able to laugh and joke in general .... Good for the spirit , and crucial for mental wellness...........
... "" Did you hear about the...........?"
... Ahhhh cliffhanger LOL...
.... Sending you Love and Lots of chuckles X

Ohhh somehow that magically explains a lot!

Much love
Old 30-03-2021, 09:47 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Ohhh somehow that magically explains a lot!

Much love
.... Awww sweet lad... Welcome to my world of fantasy , stupidity , laughter , joy, and possibly... Just possibly ... Losing the plot !!!! ..... But who cares !!!!
... Not me !!!.
Old 30-03-2021, 09:46 PM
Master

Quote:

It helps if we don't take ourselves too seriously. We all have limitations, we sometimes do silly things, we make mistakes, we say or do the wrong thing. It is all part of the ridiculous drama of life as a human being. A good sense of humour is one of the greatest gifts we can have. So we can look at ourselves and smile at all our foibles.

And a bit of compassion is always good, compassion for ourselves and for those around us. We try our best, given what we know, and often we fall short. And that is OK.

Human life is important but it should not be serious.

Peace
Old 31-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It helps if we don't take ourselves too seriously. We all have limitations, we sometimes do silly things, we make mistakes, we say or do the wrong thing. It is all part of the ridiculous drama of life as a human being. A good sense of humour is one of the greatest gifts we can have. So we can look at ourselves and smile at all our foibles.

And a bit of compassion is always good, compassion for ourselves and for those around us. We try our best, given what we know, and often we fall short. And that is OK.

Human life is important but it should not be serious.

Peace

Thanks very much... another good way of explaining it I think!
Old 31-03-2021, 11:12 AM
Master
One of the things I do to give myself a laugh. I look at myself as another person trying to park or making up my mind on where to park. I am sure if someone was watching me they couldn't help but think, what the hell is that person doing? Oooor someone else watching my wife and I in a grocery store. We turn shopping into a frantic organized race...... Then I'll stop in the middle of the race to look at the forgian food Isle. Not to buy anything, just to look. Then my wife ends up 10 laps in front of me and we have to end up taking time to find each other again. If god was watching he's gotta be laughing at it. Once you learn to laugh at yourself you can laugh at anything. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why she has me get something at the deli (deli is really slow) when we go shopping. She's almost done shopping by the time I get what I need from the deli.