Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
From lucid dreams? Not much really as my skill wasn't at all advanced. I couldn't shape or change dreams and certainly couldn't construct them from scratch, and I couldn't conjure "guides" to ask questions of. However it's still quite an amazing thing to attain waking consciousness within dream reality.

From mundane dreams? I have a lot of them and the epic ones can be amazing in detail (plot, events in place and time, sound, color, etc...), sometimes spanning days and even weeks of dream reality.

Dang, now that I'm recollecting I'm tempted to get back into LDs.
I've heard a very powerful exercise is to astral project from a LD.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:30 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I've heard a very powerful exercise is to astral project from a LD.

On the site I linked (dreamviews) I believe it's Sageous (one of the moderators) who is quite expert in the WILD technique, where one goes right from waking consciousness into a lucid dream, bypassing the normal cycles of deep sleep to REM sleep, and if one is very advanced they can literally construct the dream from scratch and to exact "specifications" while doing so, including "guides/advisors" where one can glean information from.

Now I don't know about the latter part as I was an extremely small fry in the realm of lucid dreaming. LOL!

EDIT: That's a very serious site with great and very helpful moderators well-versed in all the various induction techniques. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in lucid dreaming.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Those who experience spiritual consciousness often report a sense of 'timelessness'. It is said that the soul is eternal, and transcendental experience supports this.

So ask yourself what it must be like to be 'eternal'. In spirit, all time is known simultaneously - all consciousness is one eternal NOW.

While this is an incredible experience, at the same time it does have some drawbacks. For one thing, there can be no change. How can there be when all of time is already known, and there is no 'process'? For change to occur, in order for learning to occur, time must be experienced sequentially.

This is the purpose of physical manifestation.

Hi Kioma,

I also feel Soul/Spirit to be eternal. Have come across various writings and people who tell me with in the formless there is a knowing of all and timeless.
For not under the constraints of this physical existance, which includes time, changes, and learning of some kind.

Taking that "we" (in general) are of Soul/Spirit, mind and body as well in this physical formation, as I understand, it bring to mind the couriosity I ask in the OP.

What does Spirit get out of it besides experiencing being physical? Which could be good enough for Spirit/Soul.

It is just a couriosity, for being eternal, knowing all, and under no constraints, as far as I understand at present, seems there may be more to this existance then aware of.

So the exploring and exchanging view points.

Good idea to bring focus to being eternal and allow the mind to explore this.

These are just some further thoughts I am sharing. Seems in some ways through the human experiences and other life forms experiences Spirit/Soul is able to learn and experience right along with us.

Not expecting a definitive answer, just enjoy the sharing and explorations.

Thank you
Old 05-10-2020, 11:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Yup. I did all the waking practices to prep for lucid dreaming and my best reality check was simply looking at my hands. Always asking "Am I dreaming" then doing a reality check (looking at hands, trying to push thumb through palm of hand, close mouth, hold nose and try to breathe), meditation (was doing that anyway), prospective memory exercises, setting intentions with mantras while falling asleep (I will become lucid in my dreams & I will awake after each dream and remember it - so I could recall when fresh in consciousness) and of course dream journaling. I have several notebooks of dreams and that covered less than six months.

The techniques I used were Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreams (MILD) and Wake Back To Bed (WBTB).

Aside from lucid dreams my dream recall became excellent, getting to where I was recalling on average 5 and as high as 9 dreams a night, and usually several absolutely epic dreams a week.

It is pretty cool stuff, and even for mundane dreams. Most people simply don't realize how much they do dream every single night, and keeping a dream journal really strengthens recall. Dream recall is critical if one wishes to recall as many lucid dreams as possible.

Thanks for the information, JustASimpleGuy.

I still remember dreams from years ago.

Had a series of dreams in which a met someone who I have not met in my waking life. She took to her house, met her friends, went to gatherings, and traveled around with her. It was like I was living a double life at the time I still remember her name and her friends name. Her friend told me in one dream that my friend (not telling her name here) had to go and the dreams stopped.

Still remember her like an old friend.

Getting back into keeping a journal again and using methods to help recall dreams. It has and does help me work things out. To connect better with myself.

Interesting stuff.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Kioma,

I also feel Soul/Spirit to be eternal. Have come across various writings and people who tell me with in the formless there is a knowing of all and timeless.
For not under the constraints of this physical existance, which includes time, changes, and learning of some kind.

Taking that "we" (in general) are of Soul/Spirit, mind and body as well in this physical formation, as I understand, it bring to mind the couriosity I ask in the OP.

What does Spirit get out of it besides experiencing being physical? Which could be good enough for Spirit/Soul.

It is just a couriosity, for being eternal, knowing all, and under no constraints, as far as I understand at present, seems there may be more to this existance then aware of.

So the exploring and exchanging view points.

Good idea to bring focus to being eternal and allow the mind to explore this.

These are just some further thoughts I am sharing. Seems in some ways through the human experiences and other life forms experiences Spirit/Soul is able to learn and experience right along with us.

Not expecting a definitive answer, just enjoy the sharing and explorations.

Thank you
Thank you Moonglow.

Consider this - what is the difference between man and the angels?

God created both - but angels were created specifically as the servants of God. Man was released in the Garden of Eden, and told specifically what NOT to do - and then did it.

God is omnipotent - but what is the limit of omnipotence? Can one simply will into existence a fully individuated self-realized being? How would that work? You command an entity into existence that is self-willed.... but what if it doesn't want to be? Do you just change it's mind, and make it what you want? If so - how is it free then?

But where there's a will, there's a way.

Look at the human process of growth. It rests profoundly on awareness, and choosing awareness.

Look at the human process of ascension. It's also all about choice. Nobody makes it who does not seek it. Ever. I've never heard the story of the reluctant fully realized soul.

Is that the answer? I don't know - but it checks all the boxes, IMO, and IME.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:55 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Infinite and undifferentiated Existence-Consciousness-Bliss, the ground-stuff of all that ever was, all that is and all that will ever be, is all well and good but variety is the spice of life, however if all the variety saw through the veil it would defeat the purpose. So God being a very clever and creative guy devised a game to play at not being God, and being God and omnipotent He's very good at the game. LOL!

If God is the Unified Field, He sets the stage for the game with the quantum field, and out of the quantum foam infinite numbers of state transitions occur, some unstable and some stable, the stable ones manifesting in a Big Bang out of which appears a multiplicity, some of them eventually resulting in biology and evolution, producing beings capable of being self-aware. The game is on in earnest!
Old 06-10-2020, 12:37 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Infinite and undifferentiated Existence-Consciousness-Bliss, the ground-stuff of all that ever was, all that is and all that will ever be, is all well and good but variety is the spice of life, however if all the variety saw through the veil it would defeat the purpose. So God being a very clever and creative guy devised a game to play at not being God, and being God and omnipotent He's very good at the game. LOL!

If God is the Unified Field, He sets the stage for the game with the quantum field, and out of the quantum foam infinite numbers of state transitions occur, some unstable and some stable, the stable ones manifesting in a Big Bang out of which appears a multiplicity, some of them eventually resulting in biology and evolution, producing beings capable of being self-aware. The game is on in earnest!
Absolutely!

The game is given away of S/He is overt - so S/He is not.

Pretty much everything can be explained away as "natural", with an observable cause and effect. It's positively ingenious.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:16 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Absolutely!

The game is given away of S/He is overt - so S/He is not.

Pretty much everything can be explained away as "natural", with an observable cause and effect. It's positively ingenious.

Yuppers!

I see no inherent conflict between spirituality and science. It's my impression they both seek the same truth but in their own ways and by their own methods.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:28 AM
janielee

Quote:
Yuppers!

I see no inherent conflict between spirituality and science. It's my impression they both seek the same truth but in their own ways and by their own methods.

I've been thrilled with the observations of Albert Einstein today.

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

― Albert Einstein
Old 06-10-2020, 01:35 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I've been thrilled with the observations of Albert Einstein today.

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

― Albert Einstein

Yup, and he was a Spinoza kind of guy, spiritually speaking.

https://aeon.co/ideas/what-einstein-...-not-play-dice

But Einstein’s was a God of philosophy, not religion. When asked many years later whether he believed in God, he replied: ‘I believe in Spinoza’s God, who reveals himself in the lawful harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and the doings of mankind.’ Baruch Spinoza, a contemporary of Isaac Newton and Gottfried Leibniz, had conceived of God as identical with nature. For this, he was considered a dangerous heretic, and was excommunicated from the Jewish community in Amsterdam.