Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-09-2020, 01:53 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I never tell anyone i meet face to face that i'm a vampire. They'll find out soon enough.
Well that settles it, both you and Pastthemirror are invited to my Halloween party. As long as you both promise to maintain social distancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOFCQ2bfmHw

@ Pastthemirror. I would assume that your counselor is going to think your belief is some sort of mental illness or disturbance. And of course no matter how convinced you are of you k9 nature, you should try to remain open to the idea that your therapist may be right about that. If you were to announce it to the world they would probably think it to be some attention getting money making stunt anyway. So unless they are right about that, there is no point in doing so. Even with a photograph, I would assume it was some sort of makeup trick or creative deep fake and not believe you. This is neither my bad nor yours, but simply a reflection of the distance between my reality and yours.

What ever you decide to do, your therapist can do nothing for you if you do not show him/her who you are and who you believe yourself to be. If you want them to be open to hearing you out in your belief that you are a werewolf, then you need to be open to hearing them out on their belief that you are not.

Anyway, even if I was proven wrong and you are a werewolf, as long as you are not hurting anybody, I would see no reason to have low self esteem about it. I like dogs as much or more then most people, and think wolves are awesome and noble animals, so that would put you one up in my book.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yes, it's interesting how the state has the monopoly on mental illness definitions.

As the psychotherapist Jeff Zeig said "If you talk to god you're praying.
If god talks to you, you're schizophrenic."

Weird, that.
One person I knew of who talked to God ended up in a full body splint in a psychiatric ward, God had told her to jump off a bridge.

Science has also found out that Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same areas of the brain. I just find this stuff interesting.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
One person I knew of who talked to God ended up in a full body splint in a psychiatric ward, God had told her to jump off a bridge.

Science has also found out that Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same areas of the brain. I just find this stuff interesting.

Sounds about right..........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sounds about right..........
Spirituality is the creation of an alter ego, it's where 'regular people' become 'Spiritual beings' that try to leave their regular peopleness behind.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:30 PM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
Spirituality is the creation of an alter ego, it's where 'regular people' become 'Spiritual beings' that try to leave their regular peopleness behind.

I use to listen to some 'spiritual' people who debated over what dimension they were in. Each day they would move up a dimension or in some cases, several dimensions. When they claimed they were in the 90th or higher dimension, I left. Same thing happened to their number of DNA strands.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:30 PM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:

Is it similar to the Napoléon complex?

Old 05-10-2020, 02:27 PM
ketzer

Quote:
That is not a bad description at all. At least in many cases.
The question I have is whether one is to view that as a good thing to do?
Assuming it could even be done.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Master
Quote:

Greenslade, I think you're getting somewhere there..

Have you also considered the ''feral children''? Imagine a young child growing up amongst the wolves, dogs, bears or what have you. Said child will not develop language. We develop language and also a sense of self from, and in relation to, other human beings. Said child will also likely not develop a sense of spirituality, my guess. There is much about ''being human'' that is taught amongst ourselves, and not at all a ''god-given'' reality. Many mammals, and apes in particular, require years of nurturing and learning. We just happen to have a sense of self (developed) as a layer on top of that, and even then we may not even be as unique as we like to think, considering Neanderthal and other hominids.

What does that say about our religion and spirituality?

For your considerations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child
Old 06-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
I would not recommend telling a doctor/psychiatrist about your supernatural experiences. In all likelihood, they are going to think you're crazy, and might force you to take medications that you do not want to take, or worse, force you to enter a psych ward, where not only will they definitely force you to take medications you do not want to take, but just being in a psych ward is a hellish experience on its own, I would know, I've been there several times.
I concur with you on this about not telling them from my experience on the few times I spent spent in a ward everybody was as jumpy as eck there was people there with more problems I must admit although I mentally exhausted I had paranormal experience 's there the hospital was victorian well over a hundred years old. Years later I went to a psychic fair I picked a clairvoyant just see what she could tell me I never told her about my past she looked at me and said Brian you've never had a mental problem and never will she paused for short time as if she was receiving more info and said it's just that you are different unlike most people. I went away thinking what does she mean
Old 06-10-2020, 01:56 PM
ketzer

Why do people seem to typically assume feral children would be raised by wolves, or bears, or maybe even lions? Well.....I suppose wolves and lions are social animals, but bears kind of keep to themselves, tigers too. But anyway, why don't we ever imagine they might have been raised by a herd of deer or flock of turkeys? Chipmunks are nice, very polite, they might make good parents. Crows and ravens are known to be very intelligent ...... dolphins and wales too, but there are obvious limitations there. Imagine what they would be like if they were raised by frogs, salamanders, or reptiles. Then what would they be like? Makes ya think doesn't it.... and why not, Halloween is just around the corner.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...rnment/354496/