Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-06-2021, 10:45 AM
Master

Is the universe conscious...!

An interesting article on some leading scientists theorizing that the universe is conscious and that consciousness is inherent even in the tiniest pieces of matter...

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sci...newtab-intl-en

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 18-06-2021, 10:59 AM
Well, gee - I sure don't need a scientist to tell me everything, as in, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is conscious!
I knew that in 1973 - and no drugs - just deep meditation and the Grace of God.
But, OK.
Good thread ajay! Glad those guys are catching up!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-06-2021, 07:44 AM
Master

Interesting perspective, Miss Hepburn.

This reminded me of a lady who had a similar experience after a long day in the beach. She somehow came across the state of nondual or unitary perception and was deeply touched by the state of bliss and peace she felt. She articulated her experience trying to gain understanding of what actually had happened, and which seemed to have stimulated her interest in spiritual philosophies.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 24-06-2021, 08:17 AM
Master
Scientists are a bit slow, but they eventually get there.
Old 24-06-2021, 09:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

Well, it has taken me 7 decades to get so far.

The implications are enormous.

It takes a long time to understand that everything gives feedback to the 'universal mind' and that the universe (as we call it) depends upon information from all kinds of life.
It, through evolution, strives through consciousness, to achieve a condition of completeness and is dependent upon all kinds of experience.

Even a thorn on a rose adds to the total experience.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
I think, most scientist are as honest or as flawed as you and me. Despite what my mom says about me.

Most scientist just do not go to far off of the curve. The possibility of thinking universe is very real to most of them. They just do not go any further than than that. Its possible.

"size", specifically volume, becomes an issue. The more we can point to it the more empirical the claim. The less we can point it it the more inference the claim.

They know the universe is quantum computing us right now. What does that mean? Thats where we slow down.
Old 16-07-2021, 06:26 AM
Pathfinder

Makes sense then, that all is one? or that a grain of sand contains the whole universe, because if the universe is consciousness, then it can be shaped into a manifestation of thought.

In the end, the alchemists win continuing to worship the universe as they had been and the scientists =
Old 17-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Lorelyen

I think it's a matter of definition. Listing out the symptoms of 'conscious' and seeing how they could apply to the universe. It does however seem to be bound by physical laws (which, sure, are the observations of humans) but that doesn't equate to sentient. I doubt the movements of the many components of solar systems stop to think "What shall I do next?"

You can prove the moon is made of green cheese if you redefine green cheese so beware!
Old 17-07-2021, 05:56 PM
asearcher

thank you for sharing. this is going to sound perhaps dumb, but i think it is because of a dream, experience i had when I was a child that was so special.it stays forever with me.
Old 18-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Master

Scientist have recently reported that they have found traces of the universe that went before this one. Unfortunately I didn't note the source of this information I read but it was about six weeks ago.
It's not surprising that the cycle of birth and death also extends to the universe or even to universes.
In fact Eastern philosophy, mainly Hinduism, tells us that universes are born and reborn. Even the number of Earth years involved can be found in the Hindu annals. The creator of everything in the Hindu tradition is Brahman, all other gods are held to the born-and-die cycle. Time is relative at different speeds to the heirachy of the universe, something which Einstein stumbled across.
Our universe is in principal a mind and we humans are through our minds a part of the whole.
Our planet is looked upon as being favourable for life and for making experiences which add to the information the universe desires. It is one of the few planets where light and darkness each share 50% of time. This gives an
excellent plus/minus balance. Many solar systems have more than one sun.
Our universe has an inside and an outside. It is in itself an O, that is the basis of the universe is zero.
The inside is where we all come from, the outside is the physical world, the one we live in every day. When we sleep or die we return to the inside of the universe, the world of mind. When we 'awaken' we take on a physical form.

There's lots more - this was just to say!

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.