Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 31-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Master
Angel1 Calling all HSP's

Are you an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person)? An introvert? Empathic? Intuitive? Artistic? I think there must be quite a few of us on this forum. It's not easy being this personality type in an extrovert world. Let's support each other.

To start, here are some books I recommend (also things on YouTube by these people):
  • The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D.
  • Highly Intuitive People: 7 Right-Brain Traits to Change the Lives of Intuitive-Sensitive People Book by Heidi Sawyer
  • The Introvert Advantage: How Quiet People Can Thrive in an Extrovert World by Laney Psy.D., Marti Olsen

Last edited by Uma : 01-04-2019 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:21 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thank you for this thread ! I registered in this forum a few days ago, still a lurker haven't introduced myself just reading posts but I think this is exactly what I needed during this phase of my life thank you so much :)
Old 01-04-2019, 04:25 AM
Master
Welcome to the forum Osyris
Old 01-04-2019, 04:42 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Welcome to the forum Osyris
Thank you for having me...got a lot to read now, thanks again ! Introvert, intuitive, empathic and artistic...it's like the universe made this thread for me...thanks Cosmos. umm...thanks Uma too !
Old 17-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Master
How do you stay strong in an anti-introvert world?
Old 18-04-2019, 04:18 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
How do you stay strong in an anti-introvert world?
By putting some distance between mind and the anti-introvert world...
Old 18-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Master
Fish Full Moon April 19 2019

This is a great article on effects of full moon on sensitive people: link

Anytime I feel these kinds of emotions and thoughts I check the calendar and know it's time to go easy on myself, rest, withdraw, don't make any rash decisions...

Does full moon affect you? For me it's the 3 days leading up to and including full moon that are the worst, then suddenly it's okay again like nothing happened.

FYI tomorrow's full moon will be in Libra, nakshatra sign of Swati.
Old 18-04-2019, 06:39 PM
Suspended

My wife often calls me a HSP (Highly Stupid Person).
Why? just because I cant fix things? Or cut the big trees down, out the back yard? I may not be a handyman but I sure am smart in other ways. Like for instance...…….I'll get back to you on that.
Old 18-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Are you an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person)? An introvert? Empathic? Intuitive? Artistic? I think there must be quite a few of us on this forum. It's not easy being this personality type in an extrovert world. Let's support each other.

To start, here are some books I recommend (also things on YouTube by these people):
  • The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D.
  • Highly Intuitive People: 7 Right-Brain Traits to Change the Lives of Intuitive-Sensitive People Book by Heidi Sawyer
  • The Introvert Advantage: How Quiet People Can Thrive in an Extrovert World by Laney Psy.D., Marti Olsen

I think I am but there is a danger in labelling ourselves i feel. We are all much more than HSPs. We are mysteries that will never be fully solved.
I just wonder if there is some inference that HSPs are 'the good guys" and everyone else the bad guys?
But I see some value in the label. Here I am now. 2.40am in the morning. cant sleep because some work colleague is in my head. i wont let it go. If i were less sensitive and more pragmatic i would be alseep now. HSPs (but Now i mean maybe "worry warts") are too anxious. Too sensitive.We pick up all the unnecessary static sometimes. We might overreact too.
I think when HSPs learn how to use their highly sensitive antenna to help nthemsleves and others, then they have achieved what the rest of us only dream of. Success in the real world!
Old 18-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Master
Welcome to the forum Wally and thanks for posting on this thread.

I agree with you about labels and we are so much more...but what these authors are doing (2 of them are doctors) is normalizing this as a personality trait - otherwise HSPs are pathologized - both by the medical establishment as having some kind of anxiety disorder (which HSP is not but which it can trigger) and by society - at least Western society - where so much seems to be biased towards extroversion and there is quite a lot of bullying (especially in the workplace and some kinds of social events). HSPs are not sensitive by choice, it's just the way we're wired - and I totally believe that as I have lived it all my life - and nobody gets us, or very very few. I'm just grateful that it's being "languaged" in a more positive way in the part of the world where I live and have to deal with it all the time.