Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
I know of countless numbers whom are in and out of hospital -and are given a false diagnoses...they end up claiming clinic negligence- the amount of paper work involved to get a claim because they are on medication and under a false profile... They end up forgotten and abused. - Defiantly clinical negligence!!
So all those people who claim their diagnosis is false, how much do they actually know about psychiatry?
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
My guess would be that there are few mental-illness practitioners who are also knowledgeable at a similar level about psychic/spiritual matters and able to distinguish one from the other when treating an individual in distress.
Here's what so many simply refuse to understand - Spirituality is based on your framework of mental health. Most practitioners aren't really interested in whether someone is Spiritual or not, and for most part they'll accept a person's beliefs. What they're more interested in is where those beliefs are formed, how they come to be formed and how the person is using them. If I had a mental health issue and I told the shrink I was sane/immune because I was Spiritual I'd deserve to be locked up.

There are differences between being psychic and having mental health issues, and a decent psychic would be able to tell psychic from something else. I think you could because of your understanding.

I've also talked to people who had severe mental health issues that had been told by supposed experts that they were mediums - and in this forum. Sometimes hearing voices and seeing 'beings' is not mediumship at all but mental health.
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Here's what so many simply refuse to understand - Spirituality is based on your framework of mental health. ...
Sometimes hearing voices and seeing 'beings' is not mediumship at all but mental health.

Hearing voices and seeing 'beings' may be a mental health issue or it may be that such people are very sensitive to the non-physical. Such phenomena is quite common in the hypnagogic state, whatever our mental health. But psychiatry does not take non-physical planes into consideration.

You say that "Spirituality is based on your framework of mental health." It is not that we refuse to understand. Maybe we simply don't agree with your perspective.

Peace