Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
personally i think the idea is a bad one... it will lead to elitism in spirituality because obviously an educated person is more important than one who isn't.... then we'll have a class divide the way we do in the rest of life.
I do understand in history there has been lots of class divides and humans have suffered lot . But not all times such specialized knowledge results in class divide . It can also lead to class specialization with benefits of specialization devoid of higher lower / superior inferior class divides based on race, color , religion,language,nationality ,sex , money , ideology etc .
Class specialization essentially recognizes following
1. That a group of people can excel in their job in a given conducive conditions and society / customers get the benefits of their excellence.
2. No person can do everything in his/her life by himself .
3. It takes lot of continuous repeated efforts of somebody to excel even in small activity .
4. Society needs wide range of activity to be done for the overall well being of the society .
5. One class does not exploit others and treat other classes on equality in rewards / dealings / respect.
6. Classes promote excellence & honesty among themselves taking into account interests of the society/customers over their's own.
If people do exactly opposite of what said above , class divide can occur .
So ultimately it all depends on people what they make of what .