Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Seeker

Soul and Science

How can we define soul in scientific terms?
Old 13-03-2021, 03:42 PM
JustASimpleGuy

If we could define the Ineffable in effable terms it wouldn't be the Ineffable we are defining. In other words it's not possible. The face cannot see itself without a mirror. It can only see a reflection.
Old 13-03-2021, 05:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
If we could define the Ineffable in effable terms it wouldn't be the Ineffable we are defining.

absolutely

Quote:
In other words it's not possible. The face cannot see itself without a mirror. It can only see a reflection.

One can never see one's face; only images of it.
Old 13-03-2021, 04:13 PM
I'll take a fraction of a stab to get the ball rolling...energy that can not be destroyed?
(The last thing I am is a person that cares about science, yet discovered, in
relation to the spiritual or supernatural, tho!)
Even Prof. Einstiein couldn't explain 100 phenomenal things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandersanja
Why would you need that? It suggests that you hold science as supreme judge of truth. It isn't.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandersanja

We can't and neither can we adequately define it in non-scientific terms either. Many may not even get the simplest handle on 'soul' let alone be able to define it satisfactorily.
Old 13-03-2021, 08:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Fish

The soul goes by many names, as such, pure awareness or pure consciousness, inner emptiness, atman etc. Truly it cannot be named because it is that within you which is formless, shapeless, sightless, immaterial in nature.

To experience it is as close as we can get. In a scientific term, we can maybe talk about the energy which pervades throughout the universe, but we are always limited regarding defining that which goes beyond words.
Old 13-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Bentham
The soul goes by many names, as such, pure awareness or pure consciousness, inner emptiness, atman etc. Truly it cannot be named because it is that within you which is formless, shapeless, sightless, immaterial in nature.

On the contrary, the soul can be named or re-named anything at all but what's in a name anyway? They neither help nor hinder a definition or our understanding.

Quote:
To experience it is as close as we can get. In a scientific term, we can maybe talk about the energy which pervades throughout the universe, but we are always limited regarding defining that which goes beyond words.

Absolutely and even the energy we can't say much about other than in very general terms. We truly don't know anything about the nature of spirit energy.
Old 14-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Master

soul

While I agree with others that it extremely difficult to put the unbound limitless in the bounds and limits of words , I would attempt a brief definition here to clarify spiritual perspective of soul .

Soul is the energy / power/ consciousness / light which is part of cosmic eternal omnipresent omniscient omnipotent energy /consciousness which animates the matter (our physical body ) to life and without which matter (our physical body) is merely dead body (which our own most loved ones also cremate it or bury it within few ours of its exit)
Old 13-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Legrand

Hello Aidan,

You have a nice way with words.

And welcome to SF.

Regards