Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-11-2020, 04:33 AM
Deactivated Account

Mental health and spirituality.

I know all the doctors I have seen in the past have all told me there is no such thing as magick and such. But sometimes I wonder if mental health issues aren't just a strong lingering curse. I mean psychiatry is sort subjective to the accepted reality. And like I said all the doctors I have talked to don't believe Magick is real. Or at least that is what they say. So how does science bridge that gap. If science can't validate the unseen world they can never accept it as a reality. And never really deal with the underlying problems with mental health. That is of course if mental health issues are caused by something other than just a chemical imbalance in the brain.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:27 AM
Master
Hello,

You have just described the state of our mental health professionals quite accurately. It is really not their fault they think this way. That is how they have been trained.

How can you move beyond their limitations is the question. I guess that depends on what you are looking for. Magic is real yet not attainable for many who have blocks and self imposed restrictions. What is it you want to establish for yourself?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with John on this

Namaste
Old 12-11-2020, 02:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

You have just described the state of our mental health professionals quite accurately. It is really not their fault they think this way. That is how they have been trained.

How can you move beyond their limitations is the question. I guess that depends on what you are looking for. Magic is real yet not attainable for many who have blocks and self imposed restrictions. What is it you want to establish for yourself?

John

I guess that would be the real thing I am looking for where magic is concerned. Moving past my blocks. Not entirely sure they are self imposed though. If they are in fact self imposed then it must be something very deep in my psych that I have yet to understand and change on a conscious level.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyscott
I guess that would be the real thing I am looking for where magic is concerned. Moving past my blocks. Not entirely sure they are self imposed though. If they are in fact self imposed then it must be something very deep in my psych that I have yet to understand and change on a conscious level.
I didn't understand from your first post on this thread what kind of issues you are alluding to, but from your second post I deduce that you identified some blocks you'd like to remove. If this is the case, I recommend you either visit a reputable hypnotherapist, or learn and use self-hypnosis. I'd recommend the latter, as you could use it longer term, being cheaper too.

With self-hypnosis you can put yourself into a light trance, identify your blocks, which might be caused by unconscious beliefs, then give your subconscious suggestions to replace those beliefs with useful ones. This is a great way to deal with undesirable habits, some physical and psychological conditions, physical and mental personal development, ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi,

We all have beliefs deep in our psych which were put their by our immediate environment and the society we grew up in. If you are told by the authorities in your life that magic is not real then those become your beliefs.

Evolving that belief requires effort. Your desire and energetic intent must be established. Some find it best to study information like that on the law of attraction. Others like the more personal approach involving self talk with their inner most divinity. You can also do both. Both is what I would suggest.

The proof magic is real will come through personal experiences. When you can feel the presence of divine loving guidance then you have begun your self discovery journey.

John

Old 12-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Hi,

We all have beliefs deep in our psych which were put their by our immediate environment and the society we grew up in. If you are told by the authorities in your life that magic is not real then those become your beliefs.

Evolving that belief requires effort. Your desire and energetic intent must be established. Some find it best to study information like that on the law of attraction. Others like the more personal approach involving self talk with their inner most divinity. You can also do both. Both is what I would suggest.

The proof magic is real will come through personal experiences. When you can feel the presence of divine loving guidance then you have begun your self discovery journey.

John

True. I am very intellectually aware of many of my inner limiting beliefs. But I still find blockages for certain things that I have been unable to overcome. And these are not consciously associated with a belief system per say.

To explain it farther. This would be a type of example. Say I want to do the dishes in the sink. I know intellectually I want to clean the dishes. But I just don't do it. I put it on my to do list but it still doesn't get done. There are many parts of my life like this. So how would one associate that with a belief system and rectify it. I know I can do the dishes as I have many times before. So the belief is not limited in that sense. Anyway basically I know what I have to do. But things are stifled.

It does not seem to be as simple as giving it my focus. Because my focus is on it and aware of it. The problem is getting myself to take action. It's like someone buys a gym pass with full intent on using it but stops after a week. Now I have heard people say. You just don't want it bad enough. If it is just as simple as desire. Then why do most of us not accomplish our goals. So what exactly is the limiting factor?
Old 13-11-2020, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:

It does not seem to be as simple as giving it my focus. Because my focus is on it and aware of it. The problem is getting myself to take action. It's like someone buys a gym pass with full intent on using it but stops after a week. Now I have heard people say. You just don't want it bad enough. If it is just as simple as desire. Then why do most of us not accomplish our goals. So what exactly is the limiting factor?

Hi,

The limiting factor is our thought patterns which are like bad habits. Our personal creative force, our inner child, resonates with that energy. It does not know about good and bad thoughts. It has no judgement on our thinking. So it creates what we think we deserve.

If you believe you should be punished for some thing your inner child will make that happen. The key to well being is your outlook on life specifically how you think.

John

Old 15-11-2020, 12:04 AM
Aditi

Quote:
True. I am very intellectually aware of many of my inner limiting beliefs. But I still find blockages for certain things that I have been unable to overcome. And these are not consciously associated with a belief system per say.

To explain it farther. This would be a type of example. Say I want to do the dishes in the sink. I know intellectually I want to clean the dishes. But I just don't do it. I put it on my to do list but it still doesn't get done. There are many parts of my life like this. So how would one associate that with a belief system and rectify it. I know I can do the dishes as I have many times before. So the belief is not limited in that sense. Anyway basically I know what I have to do. But things are stifled.

This is not a deep answer, but one thing I found genuinely helpful for procrastination was convincing myself,
"it's easier to do the thing than it is to think about doing the thing"
-I might have learned this from Ajahn Brahm... not sure.

As soon as you notice a thing that needs doing, don't let yourself think. Do it. Immediately. Or as soon as possible. And then you won't be wasting any thoughts and feelings on reminding yourself because it will already be done. Speaking from experience, if you can do this for a while it will become a good habit.
Old 28-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Quote:
...You have just described the state of our mental health professionals quite accurately.
It is really not their fault they think this way, that is how they have been trained.
Magic is real yet not attainable for many who have blocks and self imposed restrictions.
This was excellent.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru