Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Knower
The NHS and a doctors passionate view.

I was listening to the radio today; there was a discussion about the National Health Service in the United Kingdom and the struggles it faces through underfunding and being so overwhelmed with so many people visiting doctors and hospitals. It was interesting to listen to a recently retired doctor who shared his vast knowledge and genuine opinion about the NHS.

Cutting to the chase he passionately expressed ‘at least 50% of his patients who had come to his practice presented lifestyle related illnesses’ and goes on to say with frustration ‘the government are ignoring this, they need to see this, they need to deal with this big issue, address the lifestyle of people and families, to help improve standards of living, helping people out of poverty, cost of living to come down so people can afford to eat healthily and to address the increase in mental health, alcohol, drug and smoking addictions, people struggle to see a future to hope for, all contributing to their health deteriorating’ he said ’ Deal with issues like these and the NHS will be released from the pressures it is faced with’.

I thought it was interesting his thoughts and facts on this, the government complain yet their polices seem to be causing the problem.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Experiencer

Yes chronic underfumding has not helped, but then an NHs free at the point of delivery to all, never helped either what will Health tourism etc..

One of the biggest failure factors was PFI Private Financial Initiative.., this meant that a company could take over an old hospital, renovate it, install new equipment, turn it into a centre of excellence for a set period say 10 years.. Once the 10 years were up and property values had soared, these prime sites were sold off for profit, leaving a vast void in services..

The Unions didsay this would happen, but in the short term no one listened so it was too little too late.

When I travel abroad, I have travel insurance including medical cover.. I expect to pay an upfront fee and then claim off my policy.. but its not like that in the uk and we cannot keep paying out if not enough people are paying National Health Insurance contributions..
Old 07-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
Yes chronic underfumding has not helped, but then an NHs free at the point of delivery to all, never helped either what will Health tourism etc..

One of the biggest failure factors was PFI Private Financial Initiative.., this meant that a company could take over an old hospital, renovate it, install new equipment, turn it into a centre of excellence for a set period say 10 years.. Once the 10 years were up and property values had soared, these prime sites were sold off for profit, leaving a vast void in services..

The Unions didsay this would happen, but in the short term no one listened so it was too little too late.

When I travel abroad, I have travel insurance including medical cover.. I expect to pay an upfront fee and then claim off my policy.. but its not like that in the uk and we cannot keep paying out if not enough people are paying National Health Insurance contributions..

im gratful for nhs i am

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Experiencer

Well we all are sometimes, but its really in trouble these days, stretched to breaking point.. If seems when ever I need anything its not available on the NHS and I have to go private..
Old 10-06-2015, 05:37 AM
Suspended

The NHS isn't underfunded. lf it was, it couldn't afford to pay millions to Agency doctors and nurses. Yesterday in the UK Daily Mail, this was exposed.. Last year the NHS payed out £48,000,000 to just one Agency. Some doctors are earning £150 an hour and £1,800 can charged for one shift. From this it's obvious that the greed of medical staff is what is destroying the NHS..
And this is without health tourism and also the likes of dentists ripping off the NHS for unnecessary treatment..Of course, a tight-fisted tory government doesn't help - their only solution is cut, cut, cut..for instance, if you have cateracts in both eyes, you can only get one eye treated under this government..
Another 5 years of these bloodsuckers will see the demise of the NHS in the UK..

Nursing agency's £43m NHS payday: Mail investigation finds firm billed cash-strapped hospitals as much as £1,800 a shift to plug gap in staffing shortages
A nursing agency last year charged the NHS £43million to supply staff
Thornbury Nursing Services raked in £6.5m from individual hospital trusts
Mail investigation shows huge amount agencies are making from taxpayers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fing-shortages.