Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 20-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Master

Grinding my teeth

I grind my teeth at night, I wear a guard over my teeth at night - very lovely. But, it's getting worse, wake up with a headache and I notice I'm grinding during the day and headache is up the wall. Any ideas as to what I can do to ease it and stop my teeth disappearing wtih the grinding?
Old 20-05-2013, 04:03 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I grind my teeth at night, I wear a guard over my teeth at night - very lovely. But, it's getting worse, wake up with a headache and I notice I'm grinding during the day and headache is up the wall. Any ideas as to what I can do to ease it and stop my teeth disappearing wtih the grinding?
You probably know that it's caused by stress and anxiety. So getting to the root of this cause (if at all possible) and trying to either come to terms with it and/or step up relaxation methods, e.g. meditation.

Avoid alcohol. Grinding tends to intensify after alcohol consumption. Avoid chewing gum as it allows your jaw muscles to get more used to clenching and makes you more likely to grind your teeth. If you notice that you clench or grind during the day, position the tip of your tongue between your teeth. This practice trains your jaw muscles to relax.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Master

Thanks amy green !

I didn't know it was caused by stress and anxiety - i thought it was like snoring something you just do. I don't drink much, I don't do chewing gum, but I love the idea of positioning my tongue between my teeth -I will try that.
Old 21-05-2013, 01:51 AM
StephenK

Here's an interesting page on what's called "Bruxism".

http://bruxismtreatmentnatural.com/how-to-stop-teeth-grinding/
Old 21-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Master

Thank you StephenK - another day, another headache woken up with so gotta knock this on the head.

But I'm clearly more stressed than I might have figured.
Old 21-05-2013, 09:24 AM
You can also try laying with your mouth "slack", a little open, with your
tongue touching the roof of your mouth. This will block mouth breathing so
you can breathe thru your nose.

I picture the way cats sometimes can sleep with the tips of their tongues sticking out, co cute.
But not exactly like that....the jaw muscles will be so relaxed.

But ya have to tell your self that you are going to sleep with your jaw relaxed.

Have you ever done that where you say...."I'm going to wake up at 5am." In case your alarm
doesn't work? The subconscious mind is soooo amazing....it works for me everytime...5 am SHARP, and my eyes open.

So try that, telling yourself you are NOT going to grind...I was told I was doing it and had a
fracture line I was shown by a dentist....I was shocked bec I have no tension, stress, jaw tightness, but there was the inner fracture line...I never needed to buy a guard even...my subconscious message not to took over.
Whew.
Good luck with this.

Also Bonnie Prudden has section in her book "Pain Erasure"...how to stretch the jaw muscles passively during the day to break that cycle of tension...using wine corks between your front teeth..working up increments to longer lengths gradually....you cut the corks to different lengths,
forgot to mention...driving cross country my jaw unconsciously tightened while drivng...but had my trusty cork to keep my jaw slack...drooling from Ny to Colorado a few times...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Master

I know this sounds perverse, but the more I try not to, the more anxious and stressed I become, the more I find myself clenching ... My subconscious is very perverse and powerful so if I say "I'm going to wake up at 5am", my subconscious says "I bet that won't work" and wins the bet.

Yes, I have fracture line too from grinding.

But started to address the anxiety - I think .
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Ecthalion

I have Bruxism. Last night my partner slept on a recliner chair because my grinding noise was keeping her awake. Time to act. I have just ordered a "Night Guard" grinding shield. Not cheap. It had better work. Until then I'm sleeping in the recliner.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:12 PM
StephenK

Most things like this are traceable to diet... here's a good page that explores nutritional deficiencies, and recommends a focus on certain issues.
That, and I'd focus on blood sugar exposures... as a culture we are eating far too many carbs...!

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/566-naturally-treating-and-curing-teeth-grinding-bruxism.html

Nutritional Factors
Teeth grinding normally occurs due to nutritional deficiencies, so it can usually be corrected reasonably easily. Since the condition typically indicates that a person's diet is lacking, the wisest treatment option is to change the diet; instead of merely attempting to compensate with supplementation or masking the problem with a mouth retainer. Supplementation is somewhat effective, but supplementation is never a truly adequate replacement for a healthy diet.

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/566-naturally-treating-and-curing-teeth-grinding-bruxism.html
Old 08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
SpiritMasterLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle

I have had this same problem, but now I think that I have a bead on it. While ordinary life stress may be a cause of teeth grinding, it may also have another cause.

In my case, it turned out to be something else! At one time I had a highly stressful life, but then I got my ordinary realtiy completely turned around. Now you would be hard pressed to find someone with a more peaceful life than myself. My only concerns are the avoidance of intrusive noise. I have no other life pressures And yet, I was still grinding my teeth - in fact, even more so!

As it turned out, I was working through my past life unresolved issues, otherwise known as aspect self issues. This is the process of cleaning up all unresolved issues tied to the soul as a whole, through the dream state, and occasionally these issues make themselves known through your ordinary wakeful state.

Either way, the purpose is to work through these issues so that you can ultimately reach Ascension (or Descension into physical body as Divine presence) per your own preference and choice.

This is a process that every human being on the planet will eventually go through. Some will take longer than others.

One thing that you can do, is to give yourself a suggestion right before sleep, to work on reducing or eliminating the teeth grinding while working through any unresolved issues. Do this every night before sleep, and you may as I did, discover that this actually works!

Hope this helps you.