Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... I am only a simple soul, and don't have or experience the wealth of knowledge that others do..... But to answer your question....NO.. I have not been on courses , or read any books on the situation...... However, my own personal belief, is that everything we do is Bourne out of either fear, or Love....that they are the only two emotions that drive all of our experiences.... And that miracles are happening all around us on a daily basis...sometimes we notice them, sometimes we don't ... But they are happening even as I'm writing this message !!.... So in a way, agreeing with your understanding ... I think !!

Fear and love is at the heart of ACIM. It sounds like you must know something about it since that's what they teach.
Old 17-11-2020, 08:25 PM
Master

I am not familiar with ACIM, so googled it. This is an informative comparison with Seth:
Seth vs A Course in Miracles
https://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_p...g_id=63299 10
Quote:
But the similarity of these two works is astounding, to me. I have not been able to find any common connector between the two authors, to indicate that the Miracles material, which began after the Seth material had already been in progress, had any contact with each other, altho perhaps I have just not found this as of yet. Both authors, in comparison to each other, were at opposite ends of the educational and philosophical spectrum in general, and both had apparently dissimilar views. The only commonalities I can discover so far between the two of them is that 1.) this happened out of the blue to them both, neither had been 'trying' to do anything of this nature at all, and 2.) while they both had their own more or less established belief systems, yet they both were open minded enough to entertain the possibility that perhaps their own belief systems were not 'all there was', and so agreed, within themselves, to allow an investigation of that nature within their own psyches. And 3.) they both were in the same state, New York.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Fear and love is at the heart of ACIM. It sounds like you must know something about it since that's what they teach.
From the above mentioned:
Quote:
Both works completely dismiss the concepts of hell, punishment, or original sin...and sin in general, as what we perceive as 'sin' is attributed to the faulty perceptions of the ego in general, and its blindness and tendency to projection, and the human tendency to 'classify'.

But even despite this, both works also emphasize that inside each and every one of us, lies a 'helper'----a part of God's own mind---- that causes us to question the ego, and to question what it tells us. Seth calls this our 'entity', or 'higher self', Miracles calls this the Holy Spirit---different terminology, same concept. It is the 'observer' that allows you to observe your own thoughts. Yet it is 'yours' entirely and eternally, specific to you as it is specific to every other created being.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-11-2020, 04:02 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
....Hi... I guess i must!!! But it's not from any teachings that I'm aware of on a conscious level...to me it's just common sense !