Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-04-2024, 01:40 PM
What does saying "I Am" do?

I'm just out of the loop.
I have never gotten why people, (Ram Das, even), promote, 'Just say I AM'.
What does that DO??!
What has it done for you or to you?

I've read this and I just draw a blank...no understanding of this, at all.

"
How I came to understand The Power of I AM was very easy once I knew what to look for It was right in front of me
the entire time but it didn't become apparent until I had read several metaphysical books over a very short period of time
After that all I had to do was go back and look in every book I had ever read and it was right there in front of my eyes the entire time My Gratitude and Appreciation can never be expressed in words spoken
out of the silence of my mind for it is there that I found The Secret It was buried within from the day of my Birth ...''

Huh? Just repeating, saying "I AM" ?? There are whole books on this!

What on earth is the ''secret'' of this? LOL, it boggles my mind.
Help, thanks. :)
Someone said this after reading ''The Power of I AM":

'' There are no words in any dictionary to express my feeling now after I received and read the information
that only GOD the I AM sent my way in this book, I was ready to chew and swallow every word in it....
I am breathless..''

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2024, 01:47 PM
Master

Its seeing you are more than you. Its empowering.
Old 07-04-2024, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Its seeing you are more than you. Its empowering.
How does that happen? Is it repeating, I AM?
Cuz I certainly understand reading a book or listening to someone that helps you 'see' that you are
more than you ever imagined.
It's the repeating of I Am...I'm not understanding. Thanks CW.

Added: Like this quote: "... there is truly power in the speaking of I AM..."

What of prayer, affirmations, the power of belief and attraction....speaking I Am is better?
(I'm asking. I'm really trying to get to the bottom of this mystery to me...)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2024, 03:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It's the repeating of I Am...I'm not understanding. Thanks CW.
you can use sound to induce for example feeling in your body. And feeling is associated with experience in general... it can be very subtle and you may not notice when you first start out. But that is why some traditions do mantras, for example OM.... it isn't just the sound that is involved but a broader 'connection' to reality...

it is like breathing, seems so simple from the outside but if you get into it you find out just how involved you can get with things lol...
Old 07-04-2024, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
you can use sound to induce for example feeling in your body. And feeling is associated with
experience in general.... mantras, for example OM....
Hi FL, :) Yes, agreed.

Old 07-04-2024, 05:59 PM
Master
The way I see it ~

In a subject-object type of differentiated awareness, we label ourself by a name or an attribute, such as I am happy, sad, this or that. So, beginning by saying ‘I Am’ but pausing before defining it, we affirm and recognise the truth of being, our aliveness, awareness simply as that that is, requiring no crutch or support.

In the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, there are practices wherein we begin an action but do not complete it, just remaining poised in suspended animation. Let’s say we see a tree but pause before recognising it … difficult, ok, we begin an action like intending to lift our arm but pause before actually doing so, likewise with thought or any other activity just before it is executed ~ all these position us in ‘I Am’ awareness.

The idea is to shift from objective awareness to subjective awareness or we may say, from differentiated perception to undifferentiated perception or from duality to singularity.

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 08-04-2024 at 05:33 AM.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:32 PM
Unseeking....I loved that!
I had no knowledge of this practice of pausing, as in, in front of a tree or an action. How nice!

My thought now is: Many do not have this understanding, framework or intention when speaking "I Am" over and over.

Much of what you said reminded me so much of ACIM, many things do....reminder to some ---
A Self-study Course dictated by JESUS! HA! in the 1960's - took 7 years!
A Course In Miracles.

Old 08-04-2024, 05:36 AM
Master
Thank you, Miss H!

I have not read ACIM but am happy you see a correlation
Old 08-04-2024, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
In the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, there are practices wherein we begin an action but do not complete it,
just remaining poised in suspended animation.

The idea is to shift from objective awareness to subjective awareness or we may say, from differentiated perception
to undifferentiated perception or from duality to singularity.
This is brilliant. Now I understand why the world and universe has disappeared for me. I'm becoming it. In me. And I in it.

I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-04-2024 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 08-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Master
The I Am state of being is very high vibrational. Meaning you have to get to a high vibration in order to get to it, to be able to feel it.
You can't just go from your 3D day to day life into "I AM" unless you are already very trained to do this.

What it is...
The I AM state of mind is the highest possible part of you, right 'below' the Divine.
In that sense it's higher up the ladder than the Higher Self.

When you can connect to your Higher Self you can take it to the next level to the I Am state.

The wonderful thing of that is that you then are so highly vibrational, I mean, 1 step below the Divine!!!, that you become part of the Quantum Field.
In that field there is no time, space, no limitations. All is One, All is Now, All is Possible.
It is incredibly liberating and in that state you can also heal any physical thing, provided you are in that state often enough.

You know Dr Joe, this is what the entire method of him is based upon. Getting you in Gamma brainwaves with his method, which is the same as the I AM state of mind.
So yes, being that high vibrational also shows up in the brain and can be measured.

The first time I experienced the "I AM" I was flying high! I felt so free & liberated!
All stress, worry, caring for XYZ, responsibilities and all the cr@p that comes with 3D life, falls away on the spot.

At the time I didn't know diddly about any of this which sometimes makes it easier to do.
We were told to only think and feel "I Am" and not "I am Crystal", I am a mother, I am a daughter, I am a friend and so on.
So to let go of any and all roles you take on in life. Just "I Am".
Immediately all the pressures that come from all the roles in life fell away and up I went (in vibration).

In witchcraft it's similar to "We all come from the Goddess
And to Her we shall return
Like a drop of rain
Flowing to the ocean"
From the Wiccan Rede.
Your a drop yet at the same time you are part of the ocean.
Or...
You are one, yet you are part of the Quantum Field.
You are connected to something bigger and higher.
Normally in day to day life we don't feel that, we think (think --> in the head) that we are individuals. We live like individuals in our concrete boxes.
If you can rise above that lower vibrational frequency of thinking that way, you get higher and higher and come to feel and see and sense that you are part of something bigger, a Unity, One with All that Is.

You may read similar stuff in the bible but that's just reading it.
When you're at "I Am" level you feel it, you are One with All That Is.

It's absolute bliss, that's why people at Joe Dispenza's weeklong who are in Gamma brainwaves (= I AM) have tears running from their eyes. Totally mesmerized and in awe of the beauty!
Being in the place where anything can be cleared, manifested, attracted and so on.

It's being in that field that Joe Dispenza and Esther Hicks (Abraham) speak of. It's that field where LoA works for you.

A long explanation, hope you don't mind. I wanted to make it a bit visceral, hope I succeeded.