Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-04-2021, 10:54 PM
Newbie ;)

What Is “the Knowledge of the Secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven”?

Jesus said:
o “…the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you”

Jesus also said:
o “Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, ... and do not do what I say?”, admonishing his disciples to put his teachings into practice over 10 times in the gospels
o “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…. teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”

From this it seems pretty straightforward that the path to the kingdom of heaven (that is within us) is through the “knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven”, i.e., Jesus’ teachings.

Do you agree?
If you do, why do you think there is so little emphasis on Jesus’ teachings? (At least in my experience). I have never in my life heard any priest or preacher talk in any depth about topics like :
o What is the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven?
o What did Jesus intend when he said, “Unless you become as little children, you will never enter the kingdom,
o First remove the beam from your own eye, etc
Old 02-04-2021, 10:58 PM
AbodhiSky

i'd sum up his teachings as getting rid of your self centeredness and loving everyone.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:09 PM
Master

Lightbulb

Jesus also said 'you hypocrites; you will neither enter in yourselves nor allow those would do so to enter in'.

Basically, the church wants power in this world, not to allow people to go to the next.

But apparently the 'elect' won't be fooled by such shenanigans regardless.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:11 PM
Master

A 73 year old's half a page of questions about “the Knowledge of the Secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven” answered by a 28 year old in one sentence ...

This sums up today's situation.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom63376
Jesus said:
o “…the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you”

Jesus also said:
o “Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, ... and do not do what I say?”, admonishing his disciples to put his teachings into practice over 10 times in the gospels
o “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…. teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”

From this it seems pretty straightforward that the path to the kingdom of heaven (that is within us) is through the “knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven”, i.e., Jesus’ teachings.

Do you agree?
If you do, why do you think there is so little emphasis on Jesus’ teachings? (At least in my experience). I have never in my life heard any priest or preacher talk in any depth about topics like :
o What is the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven?
o What did Jesus intend when he said, “Unless you become as little children, you will never enter the kingdom,
o First remove the beam from your own eye, etc

The Kingdom of God/Heaven/etc. has different meanings depending on how it is read. To put a wrinkle in what I have said, some scriptures apparently were mis-translated on this matter which some newer translations have 'cleared' up what was actually being talked about.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜