Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Master
Practicing mantra meditations

Hi there

I have been practicing mantra meditations and only found out now that some mantra's you are actually praying or calling to some Gods or you get rewards from them for serving them.

I know in the bible you are not allowed to pray to other gods. I also don't believe the whole bible is right or some stuff is not understood properly but also not sure and don't want to do that if God will have a problem with it.

Is it ok. to do the mantra meditation or not?? Would like to hear your opinion on it?

Also, how do you guy's feel about Hinduism?? Some people are saying Hinduism is not a religion but i would not know, so is it??

Thank you
Old 02-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Master
As stated, all the major faiths agree on two things.
1. God is.

2. Life is more than this short temporary organic existance, in time and space.

However, as also stated...
"There is one God, and one mediator between God and man;
The man, Jesus Christ."

The Bible

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Suspended
Hi Anthony,

It has been a long time I didn't talk to you. How are you?

Buddha did "teach" me dharma but I didn't stick to him. In my body there's a chart of his influence inside me. And I never learn any meditation or mantra stuff or chatra.......

I am a Christian and I didn't stick to Christianity either because I didn't treat anyone of them that important.

But in my thinking if you used mantra for meditation then you are surely detached to Buddhism or Hinduism no more a Christian. It's simply you can't go to Christian heaven (if there's a heaven for Christian) and practice mantra meditation.

Is it so important for you to do mantra meditation? If it's so then go for it and never return, otherwise don't try to do it. We're only maybe 100 years on this life but thousands of years afterlife existing. So you trust who that's you own choice.

It isn't nothing when you do mantra meditation something is going on with the religion practice....... but you don't know. For me I even never do meditation and I am better than other Gods. So.....
Old 02-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Master
Hi Jeremy

Yes it's been a while, how are you?

I don't have to do mantra meditation but i enjoy the energy i get from some mantra's but like TM meditation some mantra's connect you to God/Goddess
or you pray/serve these gods.

Some of these mantra's are suppose to have benefits(not just spiritually but for the body and mind/brain) for serving these gods. I could use some of those benefits but i not comfortable pray/serving other gods so why i am asking and not sure if it's wrong but i feel very guilty doing mantra meditations.

It is also a easy way to meditate. I don't meditate for spirituality but for the benefits and it is super relaxing and i just love it.

I am a Christian and will always be,i have tweaked my believes a bit but i serve The God, the one Jesus calls The Father and will do so.

Do you know The Father??
Old 02-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Hi Anthony,

It has been a long time I didn't talk to you. How are you?

Buddha did "teach" me dharma but I didn't stick to him. In my body there's a chart of his influence inside me. And I never learn any meditation or mantra stuff or chatra.......

I am a Christian and I didn't stick to Christianity either because I didn't treat anyone of them that important.

But in my thinking if you used mantra for meditation then you are surely detached to Buddhism or Hinduism no more a Christian. It's simply you can't go to Christian heaven (if there's a heaven for Christian) and practice mantra meditation.

Is it so important for you to do mantra meditation? If it's so then go for it and never return, otherwise don't try to do it. We're only maybe 100 years on this life but thousands of years afterlife existing. So you trust who that's you own choice.

It isn't nothing when you do mantra meditation something is going on with the religion practice....... but you don't know. For me I even never do meditation and I am better than other Gods. So.....

Christianity uses mantras all the time. Some pretty cool music has come of it.

Centering prayer using the breath or the mantra of Jesus, Mary or Yahweh are often used.

Just an FYI
Old 02-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Christianity uses mantras all the time. Some pretty cool music has come of it.

Centering prayer using the breath or the mantra of Jesus, Mary or Yahweh are often used.

Just an FYI

Do you think what you said is what Jesus wanted the Christian to do? If so why not he taught himself to the followers and waited until today to realize that's important for them. Or it's because Jesus did meditation so he's ascending for? What does Jesus care for those who like mantra meditation? Or you think that who never done mantra isn't Christian for modern day, or it's a trend for Christian?
Old 02-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi Jeremy

Yes it's been a while, how are you?

I don't have to do mantra meditation but i enjoy the energy i get from some mantra's but like TM meditation some mantra's connect you to God/Goddess
or you pray/serve these gods.

Some of these mantra's are suppose to have benefits(not just spiritually but for the body and mind/brain) for serving these gods. I could use some of those benefits but i not comfortable pray/serving other gods so why i am asking and not sure if it's wrong but i feel very guilty doing mantra meditations.

It is also a easy way to meditate. I don't meditate for spirituality but for the benefits and it is super relaxing and i just love it.

I am a Christian and will always be,i have tweaked my believes a bit but i serve The God, the one Jesus calls The Father and will do so.

Do you know The Father??

I have joint the SF for a year and my English is improved to certain extent. My energy is uplifting to quite a higher level. But I didn't do even meditation. I think you like meditation is okay but don't do the mantra meditation that one you have to connect to certain God. I tried for a goddess and was connected in some ways that's not what a Christian wanted method.

A Christian should stronghold his position for his belief. But I am different I was planned for some purposes to rearranging the world peace. So all good Gods are on my side. It's no for belief purposes.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Master
I have decided against doing mantra meditation as a friend(Jonesboy) has helped me understand that it's not going to help clear my mind and help with being in silence and so on.

Also thanks Jeremy for your info too.

I am not really comfortable anyway so that's that

Thanks
Old 03-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
I have decided against doing mantra meditation as a friend(Jonesboy) has helped me understand that it's not going to help clear my mind and help with being in silence and so on.

Also thanks Jeremy for your info too.

I am not really comfortable anyway so that's that

Thanks

You should do what you feel is right for you Anthony not what another person tells you. Try it yourself for a while and decide yourself, what is right for some is wrong for others, give it a try and see

What does being in silence mean to you ?
Old 03-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You should do what you feel is right for you Anthony not what another person tells you. Try it yourself for a while and decide yourself, what is right for some is wrong for others, give it a try and see

What does being in silence mean to you ?

Sky,

You're not sensitive enough to know religion practice I think. When you try the mantra meditation then up to Christian standard of thinking, you're making sin. It's because you're joining to the Hinduism Goddess.

I can see with my third eye and before I responded to Anthony I tried it for myself and I have proved it. For me, everything is different from the usual truth of nature. It's like eating the wrong tonic...... Then you're repelled by the Christianity by that wrong doing.