Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 30-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Tara Hall

The Secret

Sorry if this book has been discussed before but I have just come across it.

What do you think about The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and the Law of Attraction ?

BB x
Old 30-10-2013, 08:33 PM
livingkarma

Each person who contributed their story gained wealth through work of some kind ...

There were no stories like mine ...
I attracted alot of money as a result of my husband's death in a car collision ...
Be careful for what you wish for ...
Old 31-10-2013, 09:59 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Each person who contributed their story gained wealth through work of some kind ...

I attracted alot of money as a result of my husband's death in a car collision ...

Thank you for sharing this perspective...I am so very sorry for your loss.

I happened upon this very topic in program form on Netflix and I found it extremely disturbing.

All of their eyes were manic and their energy off-balance.

IMHO--there is something unsettling about our societies constant drive for material attainment and something very self-centered about placing one's entire focus on personal gain.

The Buddhists believe that (all) of the World's dis ease is created by over-consumption. I am inclined to agree.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 31-10-2013, 10:00 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma

Thank you for sharing this perspective...I am so very sorry for your loss.

I happened upon this very topic in program form on Netflix and I found it extremely disturbing.

All of their eyes were manic and their energy off-balance.

IMHO--there is something unsettling about our society's constant drive for material attainment and something very self-centered about placing one's entire focus on personal gain.

The Buddhists believe that (all) of the World's dis ease is created by over-consumption. I am inclined to agree.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 31-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Free_Spirit1983

The Secret for me misses the point of law of attraction completely.. I heard it described as "Law of attraction for middle class yuppies" by a friend and I couldn't put it better..

It's a means to an end, instead of focusing on the means (the car that will "make you happy") focus on the end (being in a situation where you are truly happy in yourself, not because of a possession)

Also going off subject slighty - with affirmations these can also have an adverse effect, for example if I thought I was fat and hated myself and I came up with an affirmation of "I am thin and I truly love myself" this causes conflict in my brain and subconsious and as a result I sink further into a depression and grab a bag of Doritos!

I find it a big airy fairy new agey

For me, if I used LOA or affirmations I track the route of what it is I want, the emotion behind the desire, my deepest longing rather than the car that will make me happy for 6 months.. then I embody the emotion, backed up with an image of already being in that place..

Finally (and I think this is a key piece that The Secret misses out) - I anchor it in the physical.. When I work with clients I call this "Mythic mapping"..

When you've embodied the emotion, you are actually there and you can feel what it is like then I ask my body what it wants to do, there's usually a flowing movement that's often accompanied by a few words or an affirmation, let your body speak and get your head out of the way and it will just come.

The reason for these processes is because your taking a situation you want to be in and holding it at the spiritual level or mythic level, then you embody the feeling and it filters down into mental/emotional body, then finally with the mythic map you anchor it in the physical body, the literal, third dimensional level..

Without that anchoring in the physical the chances of manifesting on the literal level is much less likely!
Old 31-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Free_Spirit1983

"The Buddhists believe that (all) of the World's dis ease is created by over-consumption. I am inclined to agree. "

Yeah completely agree - when Eastern spiritual people look at a fat westerner they see that person as starving.. Starving themselves of spirit and filling that void with something else ie food!

Good point!!xx