Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-07-2021, 07:45 PM
Nick96intent

Spirituality, honesty and believing .

...I would first begin by saying that the first principle of spirituality for some who wants to embark on this path is 'honesty'.

then again as from my training school I have learned... 'faith' that seems to be the general column of the spirituality class is rather not so stable.

I have learned that there are four roads in terms of believing, forgive me if I don't remember precicely the names of each ........ but to crack on my own road straight through the direction said that you have to believe without believing...

This has gained depth in me... and allowed my spirit to be free-er

(hope this help the reader...)

Of course there are many more elements of spirituality istself ( as a side road I followed and following that have gained depth.

Blessings, enjoy.~ ~~
Old 19-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick96intent
...I would first begin by saying that the first principle of spirituality for some who wants to embark on this path is 'honesty'.

then again as from my training school I have learned... 'faith' that seems to be the general column of the spirituality class is rather not so stable.

I agree. But i think people should honestly question their own honesty. Almost the entire world seems to believe that they are honest, real, and mature beings and i'm just not seeing it anywhere or in anyone. It would be very easy for me to say that about myself and believe that to be true of myself and feel content and happy within myself. It would be easy for me to do some meditation and prayer and believe that i'm going somewhere with it or that i've gone somewhere with it. Seems people are honest when its easy but rarely when its difficult.

As for faith. I wish my faith was stronger. Letting go would be easier.
Old 19-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
As for faith. I wish my faith was stronger.
May I ask what you wish your faith was stronger 'in'.
Cuz it could be so many things that your faith is not strong in. Ya know what I mean?
I think it still is on topic ...you're being very honest which is a big deal.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-07-2021, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
May I ask what you wish your faith was stronger 'in'.
Cuz it could be so many things that your faith is not strong in. Ya know what I mean?
I think it still is on topic ...you're being very honest which is a big deal.

Everything. One of those things i feel can be stronger. Internally i still resist. A future full of uncertainties. It would be more liberating to just let go of expectations and trust.

Honesty can be a big deal but without a mature attitude it doesn't mean much. Some are quick to berate and belittle another then resort back to the whole "well at least i was honest" nonsense response. Easy to be honest in that way but not so easy to be honest with your intent. I see honesty as a tool to use wisely, mostly out of respect for others or to grow as a person not something to enhance my self image or to personally identify with. Or to use it in a way so i can feel superior to my fellow man.
Old 20-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Honesty can be a big deal but without a mature attitude it doesn't mean much. Some are quick to berate and belittle another then resort back to the whole "well at least i was honest" nonsense response. Easy to be honest in that way but not so easy to be honest with your intent.
This is a great point - it brings to mind a quote by Craig Holliday that I saw a while back: 'Many people get confused about speaking the truth; they think speaking the truth means saying whatever it is you're feeling egoically, and that's not speaking the truth, that's vomiting your ego on the world - that's being a slave to your ego, that's being a victim.'

Where honesty is concerned, for me what is most important is self-honesty, understanding why we think and act as we do, why we feel the way we feel - I would say that for the majority people (and I very much include myself in this), this is the most challenging thing where honesty is concerned. Because we have this tendency to stuff things down that feel distressing or painful, and being honest with ourselves means facing this unresolved material, because it's this that tends to be at the root of why we think, feel, and act the way we do. You really have to want the truth more than you want to feel comfortable, and the majority of people tend to prioritise the latter.
Old 20-07-2021, 12:58 PM
Master
I don't feel honesty is the first principle of going forth on your spiritual path.
Honesty is (should be) normal, part of being human, whether on your spiritual path or not.

First principle of stepping on your spiritual path is feeling a calling to grow, evolve, discover, explore. Wanting more in life than wat is presented by default because you feel there IS more to life than that. So in a way also a sense of curiosity.
For me personally it was a powerful drive to grow and develop myself.

I've always been honest, but not always been spiritual.

As for believing, having faith... you have to believe so much in your dream(s) that you can feel it, to the point it doesn't even matter anymore that it hasn't manifested yet.
Although that's actually not about stepping on your spiritual path, but about manifesting.
Old 20-07-2021, 01:17 PM
Re: Faith in what? :)

Quote:
Everything. One of those things i feel can be stronger. Internally i still resist.
A future full of uncertainties. It would be more liberating to just let go of expectations and trust. ...
I hear this often - this 'resisting inside'.
My future is uncertain, also.
I would love to tell you how I found peace of mind about it and
some 'calamities' that happen, even.
One word I use is ''Free"--you said 'liberating', I related. I feel CAREFREE! Finally.
What a feeling.
But, if you wanted to know how I did it - I would share in a PM...I do get tired of saying things publicly so much.
And I wouldn't be preachy --I'd just tell you how I handle life now.
You could take it or leave it, ya know. Take care.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But, if you wanted to know how I did it - I would share in a PM...I do get tired of saying things publicly so much.

Sure, i'll take it.
Old 20-07-2021, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
This is a great point - it brings to mind a quote by Craig Holliday that I saw a while back: 'Many people get confused about speaking the truth; they think speaking the truth means saying whatever it is you're feeling egoically, and that's not speaking the truth, that's vomiting your ego on the world - that's being a slave to your ego, that's being a victim.'

Yeah, pretty much. Many of us can admit to a few of our faults but that's the extent of our "honesty," which isn't much.
Old 24-07-2021, 07:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick96intent
The Eightfold Path is the best place to start because it's pretty comprehensive yet easily grasped. Honesty is relative to one's own agenda.