Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
We need to remember that our human perspective and our perspective as souls are not the same.
Precisely!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-08-2023, 04:56 PM
Pathfinder

My father used to say -quite convinced- that we chose. And, actually that was one of his biggest beefs with me, that "I chose" to be born a women, when he wanted a son (I repeatedly said that souls and genetics are two different things) but alas, he never understood that.

He made a record of me at age 5/6 about incarnation, but I never heard it. it got too complicated and I destroyed it. On hindsight maybe I shouldn't have. I believe I came to be with my mother as she came to help my father learn core love values (which I am not sure he did) but from time to time I wonder if I am not delusional.

Mom was somewhat torn because the CAtholic church keeps this topic hush hush. but she was keen in returning to this life though I do not want to return. I hate humans for most of them are aggressive and violent and life is cruel.

I think that is the key to everything. taking all in with 1/4 cup of skepticism... Trick is not to let that grow form 1/4 to 4 cups. LOL

Im ranting... Ill go eat something and be back.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:46 AM
Master
I felt a lot of childlike beauty coming from your post PecaS, I view our physical body as an environmental suit, and physical death as like going to a different planet where you may, or may not, need a different kind of environmental suit.

I think most in this human state of being people get too caught up in their body and the body of others, i.e. male/female, white/black, etc. Yes it is necessary to take care of our physical body, our emotions, and our mind, but it seems people are more concerned with the differences on the surface then they are that which inhabits the body deep within.

You do not sound delusional to me. But then again spiritually oriented people are often viewed as delusional to those who are fixated on the surface of this world. Personally, I have no desire to be normal. For me it is necessary to be true to my core regardless of what others may think.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Cant disagree with Starman

Namaste
Old 09-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Acceptance of a life situation is a tough one, ive spent my whole life making things better or trying too. A note to my spiritual self would be along the lines of " youve got to be kidding".

Maybe its karma too, that any suffering is about making things right or better. I know that many have it worse. It seems our hardships are custom built, that our choosing of what ails us is custom built....to hit us where it hurts the most, designed by us.

There seems to be no rest, no half time, everything is ruthless and accurate to a tee, making friends with it is the only way.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sea
... It seems our hardships are custom built....
There seems to be no rest, no half time, everything is ruthless and accurate to a tee, making friends with it is the only way.
I agree - custom built. 'Everything' ruthless? Now that one was surprising to read.
I am so sorry you are seeing life that way. :(
Btw, "seems" was a good word to use.

Starman, 'environmental suit' ...excellent phrase!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-08-2023, 02:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaS
My father used to say -quite convinced- that we chose. And, actually that was one of his biggest beefs with me, that "I chose" to be born a woman, when he wanted a son .....
The idea of choosing without understanding the role of karma is, in my view, pure new age nonsense. My daughter came to me, as she seemed to indicate, to explain her treatment of me in her past life. I find it completely believable. But I cannot believe she chose to come as a girl, since the past life person she indicated to me she was, was a male chauvinist. Bottom line: she chose to come to me but it was not her choice to come as a girl.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Master
In my experience there is no “he” or “she” and no “good” or “bad,” there are just transitions which we attempt to codify and apply to a predetermined human category. Because we are in a state of being human, we tend to apply human connotations to everything, a sort of anthropomorphic approach to all of life. Yes, this is only my opinion, my interpretation, but then again all of us are just interpreting life.

The generalized "we" call one configuration man and another wo-man, or he and then add an “S” for she. Then these become concrete categories in our mind, and that is the only place where all of these categories exist, in our mind. It all sounds very patriarchal to me. We are constantly in transition, and we judge our transitions, what was, what is, or what is to come. Staying with the flow makes transitions easier. Including what we call “death.”

Life, in my opinion, is not what we do rather life is what we are. When our physical body dies life leaves our body; that is us leaving. We are not concrete beings rather we are flowing ethereal beings, yet in this human state we want things to be concrete, like our physical body, but our essence is shapeless, formless, and one with the universe and all of creation.

I mostly experience this when I get away from human civilization and go camping in the great outdoors close to nature. The planets are also living beings, but I don’t feel they distinguish between what is good and what is bad. Life is always in motion, even in stillness, and everything is useful. It is my experience that when I get my inner life together my outer life automatically falls into place. Our outer life is but an expression of what is going on within us. Our inner life determines our outer perspective.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
My daughter came to me, as she seemed to indicate, to explain her treatment of me in her past life. I find it completely believable. But I cannot believe she chose to come as a girl, since the past life person she indicated to me she was, was a male chauvinist. Bottom line: she chose to come to me but it was not her choice to come as a girl.
Why is this so unbelievable?

The male chauvinist was a past life personality. It is not the male chauvinist who has reincarnated. That personality is long gone. The Soul or the Consciousness which previously expressed as a male chauvinist and has now reincarnated as your daughter may well have chosen to be born as female to experience the opposite side of the coin.

But yes, any such choice would be aligned with karmic obligations. When we talk about choosing our life circumstances and experiences most of us probably accept that our choices are determined by what we need to learn and what karma needs to be fulfilled.

Peace
Old 09-08-2023, 08:42 PM
Pathfinder

I think that there are limits to what we can do regarding the laws of the physical world we are living in the moment. For instance, we can't exactly go all-way against the law of gravity; and we can't force or change the laws of biologics or genetics; that being said, it's the male genetics that determine the sex of the product (baby, offspring or crotch goblin) LOL

Thank you for your words, Starman. It is a compliment that made me feel warm and fuzzy! Like you, I have come to make peace and love being "not normal" and as many of us, during the teen years of my existence suffered the "hiding to fit" stage, but not anymore.

I hope things aren't that hard, The Sea. I heard somewhere that Catholics believe that "God will not send tests that go beyond our strength", or something similar.

Each time I have had to say goodbye to someone important in my life is a pain I almost can't bare; I KNOW, without a doubt that there IS life after death, that we are NOT alone, and that, if there is a will, they can return and let themselves be known to us.

That being said, I do not think either us or someone else will push things into our lives that we can't survive or surpass. IMHO it would be akin to doing an PHD examination when you are just in middle school. Certified failure.

But Sea, I do agree with you. Maybe somewhere along the way, since we are "here" playing a part, Whomeever it is "out there" seeing everything from afar, changes one or two or three things to make sure that we do what we set out to do.

Ok now my paranoid self is ranting up and down the walls. hahahaha