Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-03-2024, 04:11 AM
Guide

Question Three of Wands

I'm always a bit confused about the difference between the Two of Wands and the Three of Wands.

I've always done two card monthly predictions for each year and have pulled the Two of Wands many times. For me, it always means planning to go abroad. For example, in August 2023, I had the Two of Wands and the Empress. I was planning a trip for the following month to England to present at a conference. I was awarded a conference grant to go. Then in November 2022, I had the Four of Swords and the Two of Wands. That month, I was sick and spent most of my time at home packing and preparing my flat to move abroad back to my parents.

I can't remember ever pulling the Three of Wands. I have it for one of my months this year, but am not sure how to differentiate it from the Two of Wands.

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 05-03-2024, 11:04 AM
Master
The way I see it 2 of Wands is not a card of much action. Maybe mentally, yes, but not actually doing anything, yet.
The planning phase of something, but also the phase where you see options, come up with plans, maybe even get enthused by it, yet never take any action steps to make them come true.
Staying in that preparing, planning, dreaming mode.
If you tune into the card you feel (or at least I do) a hint of holding back, reluctance maybe even.
Like a spark that is flickering on & off as you think "shall I, shan't I?"
This "I want to, but..." phase.
It's staying in a safe place, your comfort zone, clearly depicted on RWS card.

3 of Wands is different in that it's where you are acting, having been manifesting or are close to it. No longer holding back, waiting, preparing (and potentially delaying), this is where you act! You're out there doing it, or about to do it, but certainly will not postpone and sit around waiting.
This is a far more lively energy, expansive, action, and also joy about it.
The flame is solid, no longer a tiny spark.
Also the venturing out there is depicted here in RWS. No longer in the safe comfort zone.
This is how these cards feel to me.
Old 06-03-2024, 04:55 AM
Guide

Thank you for your interpretation. There might be a few things going on that month that are applicable for the three of wands. I will wait and see!
Old 06-03-2024, 10:44 AM
Master
You're welcome.
I see now that for Wands 2 I focused mostly on the planning & postponing part, but it can of course also be the planning phase without that postponing bit. The phase where it's too soon to take action steps, but where you lay the groundwork for the action that is to follow later.

In the examples you gave you see a similar aspect of non-movement/action: Empress is also waiting for the baby to be ready for birth. It will come though, no matter what. She can't stay pregnant forever after all.
And generally speaking waiting & preparing for a baby to come (which can also be a figurative 'baby' --> something you created) is a joyful event. That shifts the Wands 2 into joyful expectation, planning & preparing, waiting for the time when things start moving.

And 4 of Swords, although not necessary a card of being ill, it makes sense you were. Resting, in your safe comfort zone (to be seen in Wands 2) while you heal, not an action card. In a way you could say the postponing aspect of Wands 2 is seen here.

Same card, 2 very different interpretations & vibes:
1) joyful & expectation before the action comes
2) time to wait, postpone, rest, going inwards/inside comfort zone
Old 08-03-2024, 07:24 AM
Guide

Thank you!

For April this year I have Judgement and Three of Wands. I'm having a hard time interpreting this because I have a lot going on that month. I'm starting a new job and moving, but this might also start in March. I'm hoping to hear about an award, but which will be presented in May. I'm also waiting for some good news about a professional project, which could take awhile, over a course of many months. I will wait and see!
Old 08-03-2024, 10:03 AM
Master
My notes on Judgement (I LOVE that card!!!):
Freedom, liberating yourself, live authentically, gong for what you really want. Being naked & vulnerable in your true Self.

Feeling worthy

It's like a graduation, rebirth, no longer held back by self-judgement or by worrying about what others think.
Basically it's self-confidence, self-believe, freedom, liberation from anything that binds us to fear and illusion.

This is a Soul calling, and allowing yourself to flow into this without resistance.

In one of my decks Judgement is shown with a huge Phoenix behind a woman. So indeed rebirth, a transformation, the new you being born, leaving the old behind.

Combine it with 3 of Wands obviously, in which you see 3 ships sailing, so things are clearly happening and underway. Could be going out to sea, into the world, or coming into harbour, or both.
Old 09-03-2024, 02:48 AM
Guide

Thanks for the interpretation again! Yes, April should be a busy month for me. I've been having a rough few months, so whatever happens, it will feel like a rebirth. Just wish I could skip ahead and get through March. LOL.
Old 14-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Seeker

Agree with Fairy Crystal - the 2 of wands is your beginning steps to further great ambitions. The 3 of wands is showing that some steps have been taken, and waiting for what may come of them.

Like planning a garden and planting a garden.

Best!
“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge… is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world. It requires profound purpose larger than the self kind of understanding.”

― Bill Bullard
Old 20-03-2024, 05:31 AM
Guide

Thanks EmergingPath and FairyCrystal. I definitely better understand the Three of Wands now.