Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-12-2010, 03:34 PM
shaya48

Moon willow

Hi Moon Willow,

Yes it can be a problem, i have had to learn the hard way how to deal with people who demand your time to give them a reading right there and then.

Some people can make you feel obligated to prove to them that you are pyschic and that is another lesson i learned, that we dont have to prove anything to anyone.

When i did learn how to handle certain people who expected a free reading i would say to them if you would like to make a booking i will only be too happy to give you a reading and it is $50, and its amazing that all of a sudden they dont want a reading or bother you again.

I also used to explain i only do readings for those who are in need and are going through a really bad emotional time in their lives or grief and that i take my work very seriously and if you dont have anything of that nature going on in your life then you dont need a reading.

This would be good for you to say while you are in learning if someone is putting demands on you or making you feel obligated in any way to answer any questions they have(I dont feel as if i can help you at this time) you dont need to explain yourself or say anything else.)

I decide and know if i feel the need to give a person a free reading or my time to help them (and i do this on s/f) because i choose to) and that is generally when a person rings for a reading who is going through a very difficult time but cant afford to pay for a reading i never turn anyone away for not having money, i have been in that position myself and still are now, so money isnt the issue with me.

It is people who ring you expecting you to give them your time over the phone to answer their questions for free and dont have any concerns for your private life or the fact they dont want to book a reading to pay for it but are happy to try to get you do them a reading invading your private space at home and time.

I just politely,say if you would like to make a booking for a reading i can help you and the cost is $50 thankyou and i hang up.

You will learn as you go along how to handle certain people in your own way and taking 4 hours to get things through is using far too much of your energy, you are trying too hard to please another when you take that much time, i know i have done the same, for friends we need not to worry about proving or giving our energy to anyone that is demanding on our time even friends when the time is right we know to give any help to a person.

Allow yourself to learn and grow in your own time not worrying about giving others what they demand or expect of you for their own selfish needs if people walk away in a huff let them, they have lessons to learn about putting demands on others .
Hope that has helped love and light Shaya.