Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Remembering Sophia

Notes on the first reading I did for someone.Hoping for guidance for experienced medi

I am a very new medium, and a couple months ago I did to “reading” for a friend of mine who has a spirit in her house. I did the two readings a couple of weeks apart. I felt like I needed to write the experience down, and I have posted it here. I don’t know anyone who is an experienced medium to share it with, beside my friend’s father. He is a very good man, and he also senses spirits, but he tends to think everything he sees is bad. In fact he wouldn’t even admit that he sees spirits until we were talking one day I and said, “You know you’re a medium, and so do I.” He also said the first time he met me I scared him, because he hasn’t met anyone with “the gift” as powerful as me. I haven’t wanted to go to him for help with anything, because I don’t think what I am going is evil. We live in a very small, religious southern town, so I understand why he might feel this way with his upbringing, so I leave him alone about it. I am hoping some experienced mediums on this site will read my little story here and give me some direction.

***My good friend has a spirit in her house. I had told her before that there was something in her house, and she felt that there was as well. The first time she asked me to see if I could get any information about spirits around her was because her son, who is about 13 months, has been acting like he is looking at someone that’s not there, and laughing and playing with it. I got two spirits. One was a past boyfriend that passed, and the other was the little boy that came to play with her son. I felt like the boy was young, around 5-7 years old, dark haired, he had died of stomach condition, something wrong in his abdomen, and he had had a high fever. He likes to play with her son, and also likes to be around them both, because he likes her and likes to be around a loving mother and son. Yesterday she asked me if I could get any more information about the boy, and I got that he was named James or John, the name started with a J for sure, I got the year 1902 very strong as well as the time period of 1900-1910. She wanted to go to the court house to see if we could find anything that matched and I went along, thinking it couldn’t hurt anything. We went through the records for the 1900’s and only three seemed to fit. We looked the names up in another book that showed cause of death, and one stood out to me. The boys name is John -snip- and he died in 1907 at age 5 from some form of Colitis, meaning he was born in 1902. When I got home I did some searching online, and I found where he is buried. I also found out his birthday. I looked up the disease he had, and all the symptoms matched what I had said.

I feel pretty confident that I got correct information, I don’t think by pure chance I could have gotten that much right about one boy, but maybe.

So I don’t know. I feel like a got the right information, and I am going to work on mediation and my confidence and practice communicating. My friend’s father has always seen things, and he keeps warning me not to try to communicate with my guides for selfish reasons or to help myself. But I don’t feel like I am. I want to be able to help people, but yes, I would like to be able to communicate with my own family that has passed. I hope that isn’t a bad reason. I don’t think it is. ***

But that’s what happened, and if you have any advice about any of it I really would appreciate it.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by Kaere : 05-02-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Medium_Laura

Let me say that communicating with your guides is not selfish. That is why you appointed them to you. To help you in your human life. It's great that you are opening up to your abilities and that you were able to validate things that you picked up. :) You're father is just frightened for you because what we do has not been openly welcomed in many countries or even in the US; due to religious persecution. You are not in the wrong to work with your guides, to talk to your spirit family and to help others with your gifts. :)

Great job and I encourage you to keep up the great work! :)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 PM
spirit72

Hi there, reading your thread is like reading about an experience I had in my early mediumship years... I was asked by a lady to do a reading for her home... I had never done one for a house before, but I agreed and I found that she had two spirits in her home... One was an old man, very kind and a young girl of 5 years....the little girl was present all the time as she was drawn to the ladies granddaughter that lived with her...as was finding her talking to this little girl...but could also feel another spirit... I described the gentleman to her, and she pulled out a photo and said is this him...? I said yes, who is he
When she had moved into the house she found the photo in the attic...! He was a lovely man, and was looking after the little girl spirit... Although they were not related... I did a spirit release and although the gentleman left quickly, the little girl was having way to much fun playing with the young girl who lived in the house... But there was no harm being done, and I am a great believer of letting children make there own mind up... She may grow out of it, but then again she could very well become a medium herself...

I ask my guides for help all the time, and my angels, and they do help all the time, don't ever feel it is wrong... Even ask them to be introduced to a spirit teacher... They will teach you so much... If I can be of any help pm me by all means... Keep up the good work xxx
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Master
Hi there, R.S.

Congrats for trusting yourself! You really sound like you are doing well with it all and are receiving many validations about what you have received.

This part of your post stood out to me:

"My friend’s father has always seen things, and he keeps warning me not to try to communicate with my guides for selfish reasons or to help myself."

Of course it is only my opinion but I believe in loving ourselves as well as loving others. And this to me means specifically that we are deserving of as much help, joy, prosperity, love or any other good thing life has to offer, as anyone else.

Putting it another way, I believe whatever it is that we would do for another to show that we love and care about them, we are equally entitled to treat ourselves in this very same way.

You might be interested in the teachings of Abraham (Google "Abraham/Hicks")... It has helped me (and continues to) tremendously to understand what true Self Love is. In the eyes of the world today, much of what Abraham teaches would be considered Self-ish! You just have to see (feel) for yourself, what 'works'.

There are many books (by Abraham) that recycle the same messages (my opinion) but The Vortex in particular really spoke to me and has some fantastic and inspiring messages about what I term "healthy Self-ishness" ....

About how when we focus on doing what feels Right and Happy and Joyful and Good to US, EVERYTHING else will fall in line.

If it Feels Good, your Emotional Guidance System (according to the entity Abraham) is telling you that you are acting in accordance with the desire of your Higher Self/Soul.

I hope this helps in terms of dealing w/others who may not share your views or who might try to discourage doing anything that might ** heaven forbid! ** benefit yourself.

((((HUGS))))))

Cam/EarthMamma