Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Knower

I enjoyed reading this as I am interested in reading about being able to distinguish between tinnitus and spritual "noises" for want of a better word. I havent been able to distinguish hence my interest Thanks !
Old 18-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Experiencer
That's exciting, Starbuck! I hope you'll keep us updated as you progress. I find it very interesting to hear how others progress closer to being able to communicate. I have never had any of the "noise" symptoms (buzzing/ringing/indistinct voices, etc) myself, but I know they are common, and I suspect it is an indication as to where your communication strengths lie - that is, in clairaudience, whereas I've noticed some people are more visual (they begin to see energy or have visions) and others are more "feeling" types (feeling energy/emotions/sensations). I fall into the latter camp, though I do receive telepathic communcation too.

I've never had tinnitus either, so I wouldn't know where to make the distinction...

Keep practicing!
Old 18-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Glad it's helping people! No voices today but some odd meditation experiences as described above. I have had some visions and I see lights/colours ever since a kundalini awakening just after Christmas, but the white noise is in my ears to some extent all the time. Fortunately it doesn't bother me unless I tune into it and then it gets louder.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm still hearing what sounds like a dodgy radio that can't quite pick up the signal, but two nights ago I experienced something else. I was listening to the white noise in my ears as I drifted off to sleep. I then dreamed I walked across my landing and then came back to bed. As I did I heard a very loud, female voice directly next to my ear. It was talking but I sadly don't know what it said. I suddenly woke up and the white noise had got louder but I couldn't hear the female voice. I am sure this wasn't a dream or if it was, it was simply that I was temporarily more receptive to the voice due to being in dream state. I am very curious by the fact I dreamed of myself walking across my landing - it makes me wonder if it was lucid dreaming or astral projection. Any thoughts? I might post this in the astral forum. Later that night I dreamed I was in a beautiful calm pool of water and telephone call boxes were stationed all around me! Hmm interesting.
Old 24-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Voices getting closer, plus loads more tingling and coldness around my crown. I literally just sat to meditate yesterday and my crown chakra went crazy, then at night the voices started very quickly and moved from ear to ear at different times. I definitely opened up more last night after some slight ear ache during the day and I seem to be hearing everyday sounds more vividly too.
Old 25-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Master
Hi Starbuck ((HUGS)))

Gosh I've not been on in a while but I ended up pulling up this thread of yours and see I've had a similar experience..

I think it's your post #24 where you describe hearing what sounds like static on the radio and then later hearing the voice of a lady..

I had the same thing happen excepting the part where you recall yourself moving out of the room (in your dream or astrally)..

In my case, I do not recall being in a dream state or experiencing any other kind of phenomena other than relaxing and just about to drift off to sleep.

Regarding the static I hear, I haven't heard anything clearly in the way of voices, but one night after listening to the static I just started to doze off & I heard a woman's voice as if she were standing 3 feet away IN our bedroom.

Like you, I didn't catch what the female said at all unfortunately. I was taken aback tho' and called to my hubby who never woke.

I tried to sense if there was a spiritual presence after I relaxed a bit but felt nothing so I assume that I was just tuning in the astral realm.

To clarify, the voice didn't come thru that static that I listen to.. It wasn't like it finally 'sharpened up' for me & I heard that.

It was something that happened afterwords when I was in a deeper state of relaxation.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

And, I'm interested to see how this develops for you. After a while I just assumed that it's because I'm just 'more sensitive' these days, and that there wasn't any real reason or meaning behind the experience. It sounds like this is leading some where for you so I'm excited for you!

Thank you for sharing.. It sure is nice to know there are others with similar experiences that we can share with one another.

Love to you,

Cam/EarthMamma
Old 28-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you for sharing your experience Earth Mamma!

I think we are all prone to hearing voices of the astral, especially in dream state, and this can be a one off because we're temporarily more receptive to other realms when relaxed.

My experiences started with what seems to be a spiritual awakening soon after Christmas and my clairaudience has developed from there.

Last night I was listening to the muffled voices in my ears as I drifted off to sleep. I still can't make out the voices except as very faint and amongst lots of static, very much like a radio that keeps going out of signal.

Anyway, I went to sleep very briefly and then I suddenly heard a male voice loud and distinct next to my ear. I couldn't hear what he said because I jolted awake and it was back to the muffled white noise again.

This has happened twice recently, and it makes sense that I'm getting voices in sleep first considering I'm more receptive in dream state.

So I think I'm making progress