Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 18-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Erebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
Anything written by Paulo Coelho makes one think and maybe expand our views and accept the unknown. My favourite is The Alchemist.

agreed, a great book. I was in Montreal recently and noticed a few by him. Are they similar to the Alchemist?
Old 19-01-2011, 05:12 PM
LightFilledHeart

I have not read his channeled works, but the fiction book he wrote called The Journey Home, by Leo Carroll, is magnificent in its teachings and the message and understanding it brings to those ready to receive it.

I also hardily recommend Jane Roberts "The Adventures Of Oversoul 7" and Robert Frizell's "Nothing In This Book Is True, But It's Exactly The Way Things Are".
Old 26-01-2011, 03:36 PM
AngelicaWhite

anything channelled by Master Hilarion.

MasterHilarion.com
Old 13-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Experiencer
Here is my current list:

Parallel Worlds - Michio Kaku (more scientific but gets into parallel universes...just brilliant!)
The Paschats and the Crystal People - Murry Hope (interesting channeling and this book was hard to find at a decent price!)
The Essential Golden Dawn - Chic Cicero (just started it)
The Language of the Gods - Judith M. Tyberg (like a dictionary for Sanskrit..highly detail with concepts lost in today's languages)
Bringers of the Dawn - Marchiniak (just started it)
Astral Dynamics - Robert Bruce (one of earlier readings...not quite there yet)
Astral Projection Denning & Phllips (my first on the topic...straight forward)
Seth Speaks - Jane Roberts (interesting channeling...have to read it again)
The Book of Runes - Blum (one of my helpful guides when I get stuck)

Latest purchased:
Akashic Records - Linda Howe (very detailed and extremely helpful)
Ascension - Susan Shumsky, DD (lots of history about Immortal Masters and Beings of Light)

I need to start from scratch on these...very absorbing works!
Old 15-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Jeni

The Door of Everything by Ruby Nelson

Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East by Baird T. Spalding

Enlightenment, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by MSI

Ascension! by MSI

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz

Also I bought A Course in Miracles by Helen Schucman which seems to be a good book - haven't had a chance yet to read it
Old 15-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Jeni

Forgot to mention the books of Paolo Coelho are great.

Many books can be downloaded for free as a e-book - at least The Door of Everything, Enlightenment, Ascension! I have found
Old 16-02-2011, 01:31 PM
amy green

Would thoroughly recommend the new, pioneering book "Consciousness Medicine" by Gill Edwards - really detailing just how much your mind can override/influence the body, e.g. so many illnesses. Brilliant, inspiring, practical.
Old 17-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Jeni

Hi Amy Green

It is really true! Mind is very powerful and our thoughts determine the state of our body and how we experience life. Majority of diseases are psychosomatic by nature. I have personal experience of that - my own thoughts and emotions have made me really sick in the past, I almost lost my life and have been victim to my own mind (the ego part of the mind). It's all in the state of mind!

I am very grateful to have found a meditative practice that I can use all the time - eyes open and eyes closed and it is very simple. So I do not have to think negative thoughts but can instead consciously choose the techniques which have a positive impact in every way. It takes the mind to the deeper levels from the surface mind and connects to the Source. It's amazing - stresses from the nervous system release and consciousness expands.
Old 19-02-2011, 02:11 PM
amy green

Thanks Jeni - yes I'm constantly amazed by just HOW MUCH our state of mind impacts on the body. It's so beyond what we'd anticipate!!

Just a small correction - the book is entitled "Conscious Medicine" (not Consciousness Medicine). Gill Edwards may be familiar to some of you for her book " Living Magically" - she's a spiritual author and a clinical psychologist. This brilliant, useful (practical) book blends current physics and biology that will affect and transform conventional medicine. It's a must for anyone who wants to take control of their health and rates conventional medicine, e.g. drugs as an inferior way of treating so many illnesses (since it treats the symptoms rather than the cause). Money needn't stop you reading this book - I ordered it (for free) at my library (in U.K); I appreciate other countries may not give this option.
Old 25-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Jeni

For Amy

Thank you Amy for sharing. I appreciate that.