Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-06-2012, 11:44 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi Blackraven, yes when the second coming of the Christ is realized, for we were always the Christ but forgot about him, then you can say the we are finally in heaven, that is heaven on earth, scripture does support this as you said, but there are many who only see the other teachings, and there are those who see the inner teachings, both are right, it just depends on where you are within the teachings.

AH matey, let me quote your own words here: "if there was such thing it would have been written about by the historians of the time, there was nothing about this"Could you please reveal the historical work from which you received the information that there is to be a second coming of Christ, which historical work will presumably speak of his first coming also?
Old 23-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Zem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I conducted a recent experiment. After being on these boards for a couple of years and participating in and reading other’s debates on Christianity and other religions, I decided to walk back into a church after 18 years. I wanted to see if my original religious upbringing would be enough to ignite my flame again and spark renewed interest in the church scene. Mind you, in the past 18 years I have ventured far away from organized religion of any kind. I’ve focused studying new age spirituality/metaphysics, meditation and a variety of religions and philosophies all of which have expanded my mind far beyond what I was conditioned to turn off my mind and accept in church. But I really tried to return with a full open mind for 3 months until I could no longer live the hypocrisy. Too often I entered the door feeling positive, full energy charged only to leave feeling deflated and 12 again. I also left feeling angry at the false rhetoric that was being spread to the congregation as truth. None of it felt like truth to me. I felt like I was compromising myself for a cause that I couldn’t support whole-heartedly. I was reminded very quickly why I left 18 years ago. I have resigned myself to return to what has worked for me all along and that is to have a relationship with my maker in my daily life without the need to worship in an organized religious structure. I feel stronger now with my convictions than before I conducted this experiment as I can no longer wonder if the decision I made 18 years ago was the right one for me personally. It still is. Despite my own revolution, I respect all religious faiths and practices.

Have you had a religious or spiritual epiphany that caused you to make a change?

Blackraven

That's a good story, Blackraven. I used to go to church when I was quite small, so I was too young to understand how hypocritical the whole thing was (mostly I just colored pictures and made crafts). So I, too, later followed a more new age path and studied some other religions. I was shocked when all of my searching actually brought me back to Jesus. Then I realized how way off the institutional church world really is. I realized that a lot of people in different religions can actually be MORE Christian than those professing to be. Since then I've been trying to make an effort to get the disillusioned folks to realize that their pastor is not God's mouthpiece. If people could realize this, I think there would be a lot less atheism in the world.

This was quite an epiphany for me.
Old 23-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
AH matey, let me quote your own words here: "if there was such thing it would have been written about by the historians of the time, there was nothing about this"Could you please reveal the historical work from which you received the information that there is to be a second coming of Christ, which historical work will presumably speak of his first coming also?
Sorry don't understand your question ??.
Old 24-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Master
Morpheus and S-word - Thank you both for your output of religious knowledge and for the exchange with one another. I may not comment, but I'm reading and thinking at any rate.

Blackraven
Old 24-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem
That's a good story, Blackraven. I used to go to church when I was quite small, so I was too young to understand how hypocritical the whole thing was (mostly I just colored pictures and made crafts). So I, too, later followed a more new age path and studied some other religions. I was shocked when all of my searching actually brought me back to Jesus. Then I realized how way off the institutional church world really is. I realized that a lot of people in different religions can actually be MORE Christian than those professing to be. Since then I've been trying to make an effort to get the disillusioned folks to realize that their pastor is not God's mouthpiece. If people could realize this, I think there would be a lot less atheism in the world.

This was quite an epiphany for me.

Zem - Thank you for sharing your similar story. I appreciate it!

Blackraven
Old 24-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Master
No problem Raven.

Quote:
Matey, I'm a bit of an old dinosaur, don't like mucking around with the computer, not to sure how good my anti-virus software is, so I stay out of them links that everybody wants me to wander around in, if you've got something you want me to read, type it out yourself.

Well I did, S-, with Einsten's statement.

"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."
Also,
"Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."

So, for some 70 years now since Einstein, Physics has been confirming the ancient teachings, Far Eastern, and in the Bible, involving "Eternity", the timeless... and regarding the true nature of the material world.

Now, regarding the miracles, didn't Jesus, in His teachings of the power and effectiveness of Faith...and by His miraclees performed, confirm Far Eastern's earlier teachings about, "Maya"? The illusory nature of "The World"?

In comparison of course with the greater reality and truth, involving Eternity.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-06-2012, 10:17 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
No problem Raven.

Well I did, S-, with Einsten's statement.

"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live."
Also,
"Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."

So, for some 70 years now since Einstein, Physics has been confirming the ancient teachings, Far Eastern, and in the Bible, involving "Eternity", the timeless... and regarding the true nature of the material world.

Now, regarding the miracles, didn't Jesus, in His teachings of the power and effectiveness of Faith...and by His miraclees performed, confirm Far Eastern's earlier teachings about, "Maya"? The illusory nature of "The World"?

In comparison of course with the greater reality and truth, involving Eternity.

I believe that most thinkers can accept the belief in an eternal present in which our unchangeable past and our undetermined future exists. But neither Einstein nor the uncorrupted original scriptures will ever prove that the great lie of the supposed virgin birth ever took place.

Faith is belief, as revealed in the studies on the effects that placebos have on people, even tricking the body into producing white corpusles. People who believed that they were sick or suffering from some infirmity because of some sin that they or their parents had committed and who had faith in the fact that Jesus could forgive the sins, were made whole again by their belief, as Jesus was want to say many time, "Go, For your belief/faith has healed you."

The reward that the mind receives, is that which the mind believes.

I often wonder what state the poor minds/spirits that have developed in a body that has recently died, wake up in a world without colour, without forms that can be touched, without smells, without sound, without a body to quench their thirst for the knowledge of where they are and what hope they have of escaping their predicament, believing that God has never raised a descendant of Adam from death.

What is the reward that the mind receives,
Surely it is, what that mind believes
So the mind that rejects eternity
When freed from its body, where will it be?

What is that body that gave to you birth?
Is it nothing but elements taken from earth?
Or was it created from the spirits and souls
Of your ancestors who, are from times that are old?

Believe as you will, but remember this verse,
When your coffin is placed in the back of the hearse;
The reward that the mind must surely receive
Is that which the mind (Not in the hearse) believes....... By S-word
Old 24-06-2012, 10:34 PM
S-word

Quote:
Sorry don't understand your question ??.

O you understand the question all right. No one on this forum believes that you are that dumb. Although they will understand that in this instance at least, you are being untruthful when you say, "Sorry don't understand your question."
Old 24-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
O you understand the question all right. No one on this forum believes that you are that dumb. Although they will understand that in this instance at least, you are being untruthful when you say, "Sorry don't understand your question."
Maybe were both dumb lol.
Old 24-06-2012, 10:58 PM
S-word

Quote:
Maybe were both dumb lol.

No my friend, neither of us is dumb, it is simply that in your affects to avoid answering a question that had put you on the spot, you resorted to making an untruthful statement.