Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Master
Modern day christians raising the dead back to life!

I came across some stories in Africa about people coming back to life via prayer and healing by christian pastors. I havent heard of this happening much in our western culture.

I shouldn't be surprised.

John 14:10
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RRoAcfzytCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RydXD9BLwbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=z_uIvqHmzuY

If those guys can do that they sure must have some faith. I am envious of them.
Old 30-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Master

I wouldn't be surprised because they already believe in those things. Their culture is more oriented towards the spiritual, as opposed to our more materialist view here.
Old 30-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Master
Faith as a mustard seed...."and nothing shall be impossible to you."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu

Sadly many don’t realize Jesus was ONLY referring to those who truly follow his teachings. And does the will if his Father ,(Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). When Jesus uses the word faith, he don’t always mean JUST someone who believes in him, MANY do. Again many isn’t truly doing as he said. Therefor, the many who believe ALL believers have certain gifts, sorry, you’re wrong. How do I know?, Jesus shows he doesn’t acknowledge any who really isn’t about him and his Father, (Matt.7:22,23).
Which means ONLY one thing, the MANY “gifts” some want to believe is from God, it’s from satan. in order to get those who’s truly NOT following Jesus word, Or doing HIS Father’s will. he gives them something he KNOWS would make humans believe its from God and /or Jesus.

Believing they’re truly God’s…wait Jesus servants, he makes them believe they are. by doing things for them, which makes them believe they’re doing it. Many “believers seem to not understand, just as satan is a master liar. He’s also a master of deception ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). And ONLY Jehovah’s servants, and Jesus true followers would know satan’s every trick, (1Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). Many ministers, their family, friends, and followers believe their pastors, ministers, preachers, so-and- so, are sent by God, NOT all are, (2Cor.11:13-15).

Satan can make “psychics” see one’s future, find a dead person, or anyone. He can make people see …”aliens” and one’s dead love one. Because demons KNOWS how to make themselves look like ANYONE or thing. Satan does ALL this because he hates Jehovah God, Jesus, the Angels who wasn’t stupid enough to believe his lies and follow him, And most of all…us! Satan KNOWS he’s going to be destroyed, (Jude 1:6 ). So he plans on taking as many as us as he can, (Rev.12:12 , 1Pet.5:8), he doing a good job).

So sorry to say, but it’s the truth even if many refuse to believe. Unless one is serving Jesus Father, (Matt.7:21),dropping ALL other for Jesus ,(Luke 14:26). isn’t of the world ,(James 4:4 , 1John 2:15,16). Because Jesus and his followers wasn’t ,(John 17:16). They will NOT have those gifts, neither will many who Jehovah God does see as his. Not because they’re NOT trying to live right by him. despite what many are taught to believe ALL christians will have. NOT all servants would have those gift. Jesus mother didn’t and she WAS a true servant of Jehovah God. No one can say she served Jesus, because it wasn’t Jesus who placed himself in her womb. peace
Old 31-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Master
jojo every link I posted the end result of it was people becoming believers in christ as a result of it. Nowhere in the bible does it say Satan wants that or causes that to happen. I specifically chose those 3 videos because they glorified god by their deeds and the outcome was people were amazed at what they saw and put faith in Christ. If the videos are genuine then That is the mark ofa genuine believer acting in gods wil in his power.

The other thing is assuming another believer is filled with Satan is a big call because you cannot see what a mans heart contains. If he is genuinely trying to follow God and do his will,god will enable him via spiritual gifts to further the kingdom.

Now to the christian filled with satan logic. That is a christian myth i think in most cases.

Someone who rejects christ can welcome satan however how can a believer be filled with Satan or controlled by him? He can be tempted from his faith and rendered inactive for God just like Jesus was tempted and Satan tried to do to him.

Judas was filled with satan because he was not being a believer and was sinning voluntarily. he also had to do this to fulfil scripture prophecies.

It is well documented that believers in the new testament at conversion are filled with the holy spirit and also baptised with it.

The creator of the universe becomes part of the person in supernatural way.

How can the devil control god and that which the holy spirit is protecting?

I personally think we must not be too hasty to judge the actions of fellow believers but to look at the outcome of how God uses them.
Old 31-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Rin

I would not put much store into these videos. They are all reenactments anyway.

There are all kind of stories about people coming back to life even without prayer or Jesus.

Also, in the first video, what is the point of going through all this and still not know what his purpose is?
Old 31-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Andrew Wommack does it - I believe John G. Lake did, Smith Wigglesworth definitely did.

It happens more than is reported on CNN! Ha!

At least in the circles I hang out in!!

I live in a supernatural world - if it isn't supernatural - it's odd to me.

Yesterday, I met with my friend again that reiterated how amazing it was in March that "Lisa" was 'Critical, critical, critical" (a medical term) on life support, in a coma, dying, being breathed, with a heart pump in ICU - gone, but not brain dead yet...no hope.

I was asked by 2 friends to do a healing - I did - next morning I get a
call at 10:40 -
"It's a miracle - she's sitting up, smiling, talking off all machines!"

I wasn't in any way surprised - it's just part of my day (now)....I would
have been shocked if she hadn't been healed!!!
That's what would be surprising!

Nothing (not 2% of things) ...Nothing is impossible with God or to God...
Nothing means nothing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
JoJo:
Sadly many don’t realize Jesus was ONLY referring to those who truly follow his teachings. And does the will if his Father ,(Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). When Jesus uses the word faith, he don’t always mean JUST someone who believes in him, MANY do. Again many isn’t truly doing as he said. Therefor, the many who believe ALL believers have certain gifts, sorry, you’re wrong. How do I know?, Jesus shows he doesn’t acknowledge any who really isn’t about him and his Father, (Matt.7:22,23).
Which means ONLY one thing, the MANY “gifts” some want to believe is from God, it’s from satan. in order to get those who’s truly NOT following Jesus word, Or doing HIS Father’s will. he gives them something he KNOWS would make humans believe its from God and /or Jesus.

Believing they’re truly God’s…wait Jesus servants, he makes them believe they are. by doing things for them, which makes them believe they’re doing it. Many “believers seem to not understand, just as satan is a master liar.

There are certain problems with this involving shortsightedness,and, duality.
For one, at the start... is satan greater than God?
Of course not.

Also, we see that Jesus, as in the parable about the sower, and elsewhere, clearly equated the illusionary material world with also the "flesh", or evolved carnal aspects, (animal.mammal), and the "devil" together.
"The World, the Flesh, and the Devil".

The devil we see is equated with the flesh and the world...as is depicted also in the Far Eastern teachings concerning, "Mara".
The deciever and author of illusion.
(and, confusion)

Yes, satan is the "god of this age", and "world" and, is the liar.
The lie involves the illusory "Construct" within space/time"... and as also stated, (and as we see in the world all the time), is also the, "father of lies".

God is Truth, "In whom we live and move and have our being." As St. Paul stated.
The material illusion is surrounded and encompassed about by the greater reality and Truth, namely, "Eternity", or "Infinity", and, "The Spirit".

JoJo, in your statements above, you are replacing the free gift of salvation, through Christ's atonement for us, with "works" and putting the BURDEN of worthiness on the individual recipient.
No peace, as Christ promised, can come from that.
Christ promised, "My yoke is easy, my burden light, and you will find rest unto your souls."

Also, you neglect the issue of, "predestination" concerning the, "Elect", and destiny, plainly spoken of in the Bible. Also involving prophecy, and God's providence, apart from time.
Jesus said,
"My Peace I give you, not as the world giveth, do I give you."
I am concerned you are burdened with errant teaching.
Perhaps involving a cultish organization. ?

God is greater than the devil, and all the lies thereof. And Jesus, apart from time, has, "overcome the world."
Quote:
"In this world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

This is where true peace comes from, JoJo. Not in our own works, or ability.
Saved means rescued, and grace means unmerited favor.

It is natural for the fruit tree to bare fruit, and, it is natural for, "the elect", to want to please God in the world, also bearing good fruit...
As fore ordained, apart from time.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Master
The stories in the bible or any scriptures of raising the dead is a metaphor, all it means is raising the dead in spirit, so many take the scriptures literally and that's where all the confusion comes in.
Old 31-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The stories in the bible or any scriptures of raising the dead is a metaphor, all it means is raising the dead in spirit, so many take the scriptures literally and that's where all the confusion comes in.
What's better, a few people being raised from the dead, or a transformed life that radiates peace and love? I'd choose the latter any day.