Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-05-2012, 06:50 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Look at primitive cultures and you see the same prejudice against LGBT. People had to have children so they wouldn't die. Today it's much different, if you don't have children you'll still survive. Yet the prejudice still lingers, and we suffer immensely because of it.

Y'know, nature could be considered prejudiced, because there are certain laws that nature abides by. This has been said in the news, the statement has been quoted, maybe you can shed some insight on it? "it rubs against the grain of the universe, and when you rub against the grain of divine design you’re bound to get splinters."

And looking at it from the present point of view but with nowhere to turn while suspecting history itself lacks credible sources, there's no alternative but to repeat the error or ways of primitive peoples. Think it not strange, Seawolf, how people think themselves most morally evolved despite sex dominating their mammalian sided existence?
Old 17-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

I just want everyone to be with their soul-mates and be liberated from the bondage of dogma, myself. If that means gay sex -- well, then, "Whoooooopeeee!, have at it!"
Old 17-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Y'know, nature could be considered prejudiced, because there are certain laws that nature abides by. This has been said in the news, the statement has been quoted, maybe you can shed some insight on it? "it rubs against the grain of the universe, and when you rub against the grain of divine design you’re bound to get splinters."
I'm not aware of any laws of nature implying there's something wrong with a percentage of people being gay.

This old idea that it's bad may have had purpose and meaning in the past, but today it just causes more violence and hate. It's hate brought on by ignorance, plain and simple.
Old 17-05-2012, 09:01 PM
TeeHee

Thanks for giving your personal insight. Just curious, you pose an argument that cultivated or mature societies are outdated or primitive, even though they have survived throughout the millenniums, whereas the culture or society of the western world, namely the United States could be considered in a stage of infancy, anyhoot the question is where does your belief or ideology originate? Do you read Hawkins, he makes a similar argument standing firmly against the authors of the Bible, according to him, they are nothing more than primitive herdsmen. Also, could you share the process or method or the "test" in which you use to conclude, any given culture or society currently exists in a primitive or evolved state?
Old 17-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Master

Cultures are certainly different, but I can only speak for my culture. Each one has it's own moral standards which change over time. To understand a culture you have to look at where it came from and how it got to where it is today. We used to think there was nothing wrong with slavery, now it's immoral. Yet we still have hate crimes against african americans. Now our attitude towards LGBT is changing. They used to have to hide who they were because they'd lose their job, be disowned by their family, or be beaten and killed. That still happens but not as much.

In 50 years I imagine Christians here in the US will have no problem with homosexuality. It just takes them longer to catch up with everyone else on certain issues because it's not easy to let go of their beliefs. Evolution is a good example, now most Christians have no problem with it, but a few still resist it, but as time goes on those numbers become fewer.
Old 17-05-2012, 09:31 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Cultures are certainly different, but I can only speak for my culture. Each one has it's own moral standards which change over time. To understand a culture you have to look at where it came from and how it got to where it is today. We used to think there was nothing wrong with slavery, now it's immoral. Yet we still have hate crimes against african americans. Now our attitude towards LGBT is changing. They used to have to hide who they were because they'd lose their job, be disowned by their family, or be beaten and killed. That still happens but not as much.

In 50 years I imagine Christians here in the US will have no problem with homosexuality. It just takes them longer to catch up with everyone else on certain issues because it's not easy to let go of their beliefs. Evolution is a good example, now most Christians have no problem with it, but a few still resist it, but as time goes on those numbers become fewer.

You haven't answered any of the questions, yet contradicted yourself in saying that only your own culture can be observed and criticized, and even history is used. Either your arguments will reject all history or you have a process in which you use to "test" whether historical material confirms or denies the testimony of the documents itself, as now there's at least one or more generations between the time of American slavery and present. You make a false accusation in regards to the position of the Christian church, in thinking there was nothing wrong with slavery based on the superficial criteria of skin color or race, then and now. There is much misinformation given, in that few or the minority believe that marriage is between man and woman. The majority believe this and have banned homosexual marriage, with the last state, North Carolina, by a landslide of over 65% in favor of the ban. It is difficult to believe that the majority of Christians depend on majority opinion, when has majority opinion been correct, in Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of Milk and Honey?

Can you please back up and reread the questions or stop objecting to anything Christian, by the process of articulating your own bias, prejudice, and misinformation. Why, and I am sincerely curious to why you participate in the Christian forums, do you think or feel you have certain cultural ties to that of the following of Christ? What is the depth of your Christian background, Sunday School? Thank you, with all due respect.
Old 17-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
You haven't answered any of the questions,
Sorry, I tried the best I could.
Old 17-05-2012, 10:03 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Sorry, I tried the best I could.

No sorry, I like you Seawolf, please do not take my questions personally.
Old 17-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Master
Seawolf, Keep the good work up, your words are always wise.
Old 17-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Master

Thanks psychoslice! You're an inspiration to us all!

TeeHee,

No problem! I like you too! I can answer two questions that I forgot to:

Maybe you meant Dawkins? I was never into that. I don't really keep up with the popular speakers.

My religion was Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox as a child, then Roman Catholic, later Presbyterian, Methodist, and eventually Non-Denominational, which is funny because it seemed like a denomination to me.