Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-07-2024, 07:34 AM
Master

Change

How much does it now matter that you were once a newborn baby? Some of us are no longer children, some of us are adults, and some are elderly; how much does these transitions matter? Human death is but another transition, and as much as our having been a newborn baby matters now, this human life will matter once we have left it behind.

Transitions bring about transformations and people do grieve change. We are dying and being reborn with every change that we experience. Some changes we are eager to experience while others may frighten us, regardless, the essence of the journey is change. Change is how we experience travel. The process of personal change involves birth and death on a continual basis.

Some try to resist change while others say “flow with it.” Change is always happening regardless whether we see it or not. It frequently begins on a microscopic level, and then moves in stages to a macroscopic level. Even the changes which seem to happen suddenly began long before they appeared on the scene of our awareness.

Everything is in motion, everything is on its way somewhere. On their journey things crash into other things, meet other things, become harmonious with other things, etc. Vibrations of various qualities unfolding as they travel. An even us, as seemingly individual humans, do not vibrate the way which we may have years or decades ago. Although humanity as a species seems slow to accept change.

Change is largely on the surface but change also happens from thoughts and emotions which we have stuffed down inside ourselves. They often rise to the surface as well. We can say what we are but we are not what we say until living it is second nature. Acknowledging something can be a prelude to becoming that something. With each ending comes a beginning and we can not have beginnings without endings. This is the journey as I see it.
Old 13-07-2024, 09:38 AM
Master

Yeah I see it much the same way as well.

Luckily, I am the kinda person that loves change and in fact thrives on it so never had a problem with it except for once ie leaving my career as a coach and not knowing what to do with my life from that point on and getting rather depressed in the process. However it didn’t take long to find the next avenue that kinda popped up in my head one day. Then off I went again. So alls good.

However talking of change. I remember reading a book many years ago that said we all go thru a change every seven years and if you don’t move thru that change in a way that you are supposed to then we don’t evolve in a way that is healthy and positive. (That’s just the simple version).

Let’s say if we look at ourselves at seven years old and compare it to a fourteen year old. There is a massive change at that stage. Also at twenty one.

When I look back on my life I can see quite clearly the major changes I went thru that were on or near the seven year mark such as leaving home, leaving a marriage, changing careers etc

Often when I’ve seen some adults who act and think like a kid I often wonder if they missed one of the seven year transition points such as going from a seven year old to a fourteen year old. Maybe something or someone held them back and so, they have never seemed to catch up. Just a thought tho, as I don’t know for sure.

It was a fascinating book and I wish I could remember more but just thought ide mention it so other people could look into it if they wished
Old 13-07-2024, 04:03 PM
Master

Redchic12, it is interesting that you mention the seven year period, and while you are talking about a mental or emotional change, with the exception of neurons in our brain, the cells in our physical body change every seven years. So we have a completely new body every seven years.

I went through a crisis when I retired after working for more than 40-years. It was like the purpose of my life changed and I did not know what to do with myself. Change often takes an adjustment period and it took a few years for me to adjust to being retired. My brother retired, could not adjust, so he went back to full time work.

Adjusting to a divorce or the breakup of a close relationship is different for different people, as is a death in the family. My wife suffered before she died and I was relieved when she passed. We really never know what changes will bring or how the consequences of our decisions will change things. Major changes can start with a single simple thought.

It is said “the more things change the more they remain the same,” and many of the changes which I have seen are like Deja Vu, I have seen or at least felt that change before. Its’ like the lessons are the experience and not the actual events or agents of change which take place. I have learned that when confronted with unpleasant change, the fight or flight response kicks in, but also facing adversity has the potential to make us stronger.